Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: Compilation of ALL the ideas I could find

good suggestions!

I like the idea of more emotes a lot.

I wish I emote had to express feelings..

big ones are :

/cry
    /blush
    /hug

just study the emotes they already have in EQ.

there aren't too many of these in the game so I'm often at a loss what to use in RP and often don't bother.

A lot of the emotes, while cool don't really express any emotion per se and a quite worthless.
    Healios clan Doctor
    Megawattz clan Enforcer
    Gaspard clan Adventurer

emotes and roleplaying

roleplaying is mostly a matter of keeping real life out of conversation. I heard one person say, "I will be going off-world for a few hours", when she had to log; that's a good example of how to roleplay. As far as emotes go, I agree that there are not enough "emotional" emotes, but this game has more than any MOG I have played yet (EQ, AC2, Neocron, Project Entropy, Earth & Beyond). You need to be creative; maybe use some scripts.

Here's one I call cheer:

/rocky
    /v Woohoo!!

Here's one I call doh:

/slap
    /v Doh!

dunno:

/v Ummm...
    /scratch
    /delay 3000
    /v I dunno!
    /shrug

yep:

/v Hmm...
    /strong1
    /delay 4000
    /v Yes.
    /nod

nope:

/v Hmm...
    /strong1
    /delay 4000
    /v No.
    /nono

don't forget simple one's like /greet and /bow and /salute. sometimes the animation of the emote can be used for something other than the name suggests; for example, /fishsize might be used with greeting text to show an exuberant greeting to a close friend:

/fishsize
    /v %t!!

If you have Becky targeted, you will have your arms outstretched and say "Becky!!".

If I meet a friend or aquaintance, I do:

/greet
    /v hiya %t.

If I meet an org-mate, I do:

/salute
    /v Hello %t.

If I meet an org officer, I do:

/salute
    /v %t!
    /delay 1000
    /bow

anyway, you get the idea. be creative and have fun !

I second the motion for emotion emotes!

Re: Compilation of ALL the ideas I could find

Originally posted by MissMaul

5. Social Content
    a. More emotes:
    -more dances

Guess which one i want to be put in ...

Updated.
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

Re: Compilation of ALL the ideas I could find

Originally posted by MissMaul
    I
    j. Make mission maps highlight the entrance room and elevator room in a different color.
    k. Make a quick exit in the boss room of every mission to the outside.
    Edit version 4.6
    Great ideas. But "j" and "k" are my favourites.

Yet more emotes

I would like to see some Martial Artist type emotes:

/kata1 (would do a karate style workout routine)

/kata2 (would do a kung fu style workout routine)

/bow2 (would do a chinese "fist in palm" greeting)

/bow3 (would do a bow with hand at sides like opponents do at a match)

--------------

I would like to see many more martial arts attacks with animations that don't suck like the "bird of prey" does. The other professions get zillions of weapons to choose from, while an MA has just a few special attacks. How about a "black fist punch" that does an "internal bleeding" d.o.t. nano on the target. Or an attack that disturbs the "chi" of the target and prevents the target from being healed for a few seconds.

Some more metaphysical type things for an MA would be cool, like a very long casting "meditation" nano that "warps" the MA to various destinations, and maybe a higher level one that warps the team. Maybe in the "Shadowlands" expansion, the MA could have a similar one to "meditate" himself into the shadowlands, or to use the shadowlands to get around somehow like the fixer grid does for fixers (the MA does it metaphysically by meditation, while the fixer does it technically by hacking into the grid).

I see the MA as a "body and mind" profession that would lean to the metaphysical. Already, the MA nanos have a metaphysical bend (Inner Peace, Outward Rage; Subconscious Guiding; Controlled Rage; Transcendent Shen Protection), so it would stand to reason that in his quest for the perfect mind/body, he would discover things like I mentioned above.

What about:

/holdhands (hold hands with another character)
    /holdarm (hold the arm of another character.)

Ideal for the romantics. (Me)

WEll, don't bother posting any more ideas, this thread will be in a black hole soon anyway.
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

I have noticed that you have moved over to RPCentral, MissMaul. Can you take this thread with you? There are some good ideas here.

Edit: I'll be signing up for RPCentral tomorrow.
    Last edited by Dark Surgeon; Jan 21st, 2003 at 12:24:59.

really dont know if this has been said yet but would be kinda nice
    to have a pm link between rk1 and rk2

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910