Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Level requirements on new nano programs

Just a warning Cosmik, if this change becomes reality, I'm cancelling all my accounts. There is no more buts after this. I'm tired of the garbage we have to deal with. With all the improvements of the game, you have to deal us such a horrible card. SWG and AC2 isonly a few months away. Don't forget who's keeping the game going!
    orderangel lvl 154 MP
    nakajima lvl 112 NT
    chaosangel lvl 123 MA
    kazaraki lvl 81 Crat
    chiika lvl 83 DOC
    Ilitefires lvl 16 Engy
    Ayumisan lvl 16 Trader
    MysticRogue lvl 16 Agent

Searching the world of those who sheds light on this awful planet.

Thumbs down

I dont like it either.

Please feel free to read my comments over on my news page:

http://www.agentsector.com
    Gregg "Tekkor" Alsaqri
    Webmaster of: Agent Sector (Rip 2006)

instead of griping about having to quit my avdenturer b/c of recent changes in the patch, i'm gonna tell them what they can do to fix this mess.
    1. no lvl req's
    2. don't put everything good on team mission mobs, it's fun to group, and you obviously want ppl to do it, but there should still be the option to solo and still aquire decent gear.
    3. pvp where it makes a difference (take over an outpost, it changes guards)
    4. a reason to fight outdoors. i love the landscapes, sky, and everything else they put into making the scenery in this game excellent, let me stay outside and play in it instead of cramped in a mission. REASONABLE loot on outdoor mosters (if u don't want to increase/give better loot, how about more creds dropped per mob? that way you can at least buy the gear u need in town)
    5. after handling 1-4 (take what, a month or two? shouldn't take much longer) add some content/storyline.
    6. a longshot, but when i first heard about missions when the game was still in dev. stages, i didn't think about running around some crampt building, i thought about going places, outdoors, to kill/fix/take whatever the mission needed. how do you keep other ppl from stealing the kill/taking what you need? only the mission holder can engage the mob/take the item/fix the machine/whatever. i started an agent because my dream mission was going deep into omni territory to assasinate some big name. just one idea =)
    7. which also raises profession specific missions. it's probably too deep in the coding to make the mission generators generate missions for only the things you need, but how about missions that are specific to a prof.? just an idea
    too tired to type more, but there are so many possibilities for the game

Funcom - you bunch of inept pricks!

Arrow

Wow, I see you've taken a correpondence course on constructive criticism...

Well, I -was- planning to get the expansion pack. Shadowlands looked to be promising. After this knuckel-headed move (level reqs) I dont think I'll be wasting my time. Why stop here? Why not follow the same screw-up that Turbine did, and put maximum level requirements in place as well? Hmmm, can see that one now...

"You begin casting Nano XYZ..."
    "Formula aborted, as someone your level should not be running an NF this low."

Yeah, gotta love the ole Player Stencil. Why not take it to the next logical step? Remove all items, armor, weapons, etc. When you level, all your equipment automatically upgrades/changes to the items that someone of that level "should have". Why even bother with trade skills? Why bother with more than one armor type? Why even have skills? Just make 2 skills, call them "Vanilla Attack/Vanilla Defense" and do away with the IP thing altogether. I mean, in essence this is what you seem to be striving for.

Sick as this may seem... I actually miss UO now. And if that statement does not show you how far back you've set the happiness meter, I dont know what would.

There's a few reasons I am still hanging around, but even those are becoming less compelling by the day.

*sigh*

And [CrispyChicken], should the day come I leave.... look me up. =)
    /ignore %t

heh

Funcom - you bunch of inept pricks!... -MrChafe
    Wow, I see you've taken a correpondence course on constructive criticism... -Darkbane
    lol!

Talking

Don't expect anyone from Funcom to actually read this, but..

This change is extremely disappointing as a fan of the game.. Not as a subscriber or paying customer or whatever.. But as someone who genuinely loves the game for what it is -- or what it was. One of my favorite parts of the game is the customization of characters.

With this change, it really hurt my opinion of the ideas of the developers.. If your favorite band completely changes the style of their music, people tend to say they "sell out".. well, I'm beginning to think Funcom sold us out by changing such an integral part of the game this drastically. This change isn't "horrendous" enough to make me quit, but I just felt I should express my feelings on this change as a fan, not as a customer.

Thumbs down Why am I not surprised

IF You don't want to hear another stupid flame, do not scroll down

Hey FC **** YOU !!!!
    Ok, now that I got that out of the way, ....wait ...wait.....YOU STUPID DUMB MOTHER ****ERS WHAT THE **** ARE YOU THINKIG, I MEAN, COULD YOU GET MORE PEOPLE TO LEAVE YOUR GAME IF YOU TRIED, YOU GUYS HAVE TO BE THE DUMBEST ****ING COMPANY SINCE ...........

Why do you want to do this? I mean, in beta, and at launch you promised us things we never got, now its nerf this, nerf that, then hey, something cool here, but ohhhhh **** you players...more nerfs. I don't understand, I mean, do you not realize SWG is coming out very soon? and AC2?
    So what do you do to keep is satisfied......announce an expansion?????wtf are you guys on? Why do you want to do an expansion? I mean, the game has more than enough problems atm, and you want to expand it? You guys are the dumbest ****s I've ever heard of, and I pay every month for this ****?...what does that make me, I guess a jackass too.
    I, like everyone else on this board knows none of you morons read this ****, you just lay down a post, and then probably laugh. Where do you guys get these ideas...I'm really interested to know who is the genius behind these patch ideas....Every patch you realise doesn't bring more players to AO, it just further convinces them to cancel their accounts when something even remotely interesting presents itself, do you not remember last October? 60% of you agents left, not to mention hundreds and hundreds of players of every profession to take a look at DAOC, and that game really isn't that cool, too small, not enough to do, etc. BUT SWG is coming out, do you realize this game honestly has the potential to put your little company, or at least this game, out of business? I mean, listen to the ****ing people you jack-asses, we pay your bills and you just **** us over on command, then think you're so smart by telling us an expansion is coming out at around the same time that SWG is, MAN, you people JUST DON'T GET IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    And the sad part is YOU NEVER WILL!!!!!!!
    and honestly, I will buy the expansion, and I will collect all the items, but I'll end up on top when its all over, and I'll leave this ****ty excuse for a game, and I WILL play SWG, and laugh at this ****ty excuse for entertainment when I'm playing that game. FC i'm sorry guys, my mind has pretty much been made up since 12.6, but this is total confirmation, Come November...January at the latest, I'll be out, and unless a miracle occurs, I'll never be back, don't know why I'm still here, just want to get markatable items before I leave I guess.

Cosmic this is bull**** and you know it

Only thing it tells about FC is that the game designers are morons if they have to force some stupid level limits on items/nanos.

You just made this level based game where you need 0 ability to understand how to implant yourself and what choices to make in your skill/ability/etc selections.

Now any moron at lvl 100 with sub quality implants randomly picked (hell perhaps he even uses ones he just found laying around) can do exactly same stuff than highly tuned character of same level who in fact could have done same at lvl 60 without this lvl 100 level cap on my imaginary nano.

This is bull**** and you know it.

Is this the game I came back to?

Zarch and da chars

PS.

You are doing great by adding new stuff and balancing game etc but putting level requirements on nanos etc is NOT the way to make it.

Thumbs down Re: Why am I not surprised

Originally posted by Friendly
    and honestly, I will buy the expansion, and I will collect all the items, but I'll end up on top when its all over, and I'll leave this ****ty excuse for a game, and I WILL play SWG, and laugh at this ****ty excuse for entertainment when I'm playing that game. FC i'm sorry guys, my mind has pretty much been made up since 12.6, but this is total confirmation, Come November...January at the latest, I'll be out, and unless a miracle occurs, I'll never be back, don't know why I'm still here, just want to get markatable items before I leave I guess.
    EXACTLY. Why should Funcom respond to everyone's threats of leaving the game? Whatever they do, a whole bunch of players are gonna leave anyway when SWG comes out (I know I will). And those who don't leave are probably not likely to quit just because of some gameplay changes. I'm sure a lot of these threats are just that - threats, and not much will come of them even if the changes are implemented.

Don't get me wrong, I dislike these changes as much as the rest of you, but I think you're wasting your time with these threats that most likely don't worry Funcom at all. :-/

Re: Re: Why am I not surprised

Originally posted by Lord Bennicus

Don't get me wrong, I dislike these changes as much as the rest of you, but I think you're wasting your time with these threats that most likely don't worry Funcom at all. :-/
    I own and operate a subscription-based buisness.
    If over 85% of our subscribers (85% of my income!)
    threatened to cancel, that would worry me a lot.

That would almost certainly put me out of buisness.
    That would almost certainly put AO out of buisness.

If I could affect that by listening, and being flexible,
    and making changes, or in this case not making changes,
    (even easier!) to keep my customers happy (and paying)
    I would put my ego aside and try to avoid financial suicide.

FC is smoking crack if they think that these new craptacular camps in andromeda are anything other then a bad joke.

If this is FC response to " no reason to hunt outside" then the company is doomed to failure.

I'll ask it again:

You say you put level reqs on these nanos because the new items will make it too easy to cast them..

So then, what the hell is the point of these new items and specializations if you can't take advantage of them by being better than most at certain fields?

Thumbs down Horrible!

This is a horrible idea. Its so obviously WRONG, I don't know how to say more. Its obvious that Funcom can not provide balance using the skill system, so they are imposing this cheap fix. I wonder how many people at Funcom really think this is a good idea .. or if its just one over-opinionated senior game designer imposing their views on everyone else.

This is so obviously a bad idea. Also, note that level restrictions are also being added to some items .. I'm sure you've noticed by now.
    - Szentasha
    Leader of Unity of the Rose

AOScripter 2.0 If you need a script, you need AOScripter!

*** Remove Social Armor Restrictions Today !!!

Re: Re: Re: Why am I not surprised

Originally posted by Reclaim

I own and operate a subscription-based buisness.
    If over 85% of our subscribers (85% of my income!)
    threatened to cancel, that would worry me a lot.

That would almost certainly put me out of buisness.
    That would almost certainly put AO out of buisness.

If I could affect that by listening, and being flexible,
    and making changes, or in this case not making changes,
    (even easier!) to keep my customers happy (and paying)
    I would put my ego aside and try to avoid financial suicide.
    85%?? Your dreaming. I am a casual player, like the MAJORITY of all online game players, and I, too, dislike the level restrictions. But I can tell you right now from talking to dozens of other players in game since this patch went active that your actually looking at closer to 5%, which will be eaten by the boost in subscription Shadowlands will bring about.

Face it, gang, the changes are here, and they are here to stay, whether we like it or not.
    Chaingu
    Clan Explorer
    Rubi-ka Geographical Society
    "Because it's there!"

85%.
    Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Why am I not surprised

Originally posted by Chaingu

85%?? Your dreaming.

note the link/poll above.

I didn't pull 85% out of my butt.

and it sure looks like way more than 85% of the posters are against this.

It truely does turn AO from a skill-based game into a level-based game.
    Note the future mmorpgs coming out are mostly skill-based.
    People are leaving level-based games for skill-based ones.
    That's what we want. That's what we've had until now.

Shadowlands can rot on the shelf like the original AO box did.
    sellling for 1 penny after a few months.
    Player retention is more important than short-term box sales.
    Players are demanding AO stay the skill-based game in the
    form it has been, or they will move to games that give them
    the flexibility that they have learned to love.

im out

this is a bunch of bull ****. On top of that its sad that you can level easyer solo then in a team. but yet team missions are the only ones with the new nanos. hmm, sounds like some people at fun com got there heads in there asses for the last time. Im cancleing my accout untill something is done. sience fun com dont care about there pay checks and there new add-on. I guess we souldn't either.

Это пучок быка гадят. На верху которого его грустном что вы можете уровень более легкое произведение для исполнения соло тогда в команде. Но еще миссии рабочей группы представляют собой только с новые nanos. hmm, звуки любят некоторых людей при радости com полученные там верхние части в там ослах на последнее время. Im cancleing мое accout untill что-то делается. sience радость com dont питают интерес о там зарплатах и там новом добавлении. Я догадываюсь мы sould не любые.

in russian to for the peope that can read it.

bye all

Lots of people here already said what I was going to say. I'm trully amazed by FC's ignorance, no matter how they try to explain it. Well, that's gonna be it for me and my wife. It's only 2 accounts but I'm sure it adds up at the end....

Bye all

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast