Thread: Open Letter of Resignation

Unhappy Open Letter of Resignation

To all my fellow citizens of Rubi-Ka:

It is with a heavy heart that I announce today that I have stepped down from my position as Chairperson of the Board of the Loyal Opposition organization and have sold the rights to the name, as well as all remaining assets to the Clan mercenary who originally formed the organization on my behalf. I feel I owe both an apology and explanation, not only to the few loyal stallwarts, including my dear brother Elliot, who stuck doggedly by my side through this failed experiment, but also to the people of Rubi-Ka, especially citizen-employees of Omni-Tek, on whose behalf Loyal Opposition was founded and for whom I have, do, and will always consider myself an advocate.

My decision was not an easy one and I reached it only after much soul-searching and consultation with my brother, but the conclusion was inevitable. Loyal Opposition was still-born, and no amount of denial or sugarcoating on my part will change that fact. It suffered its fate because I lacked (and continue to lack) the time and dedication necessary to raise the organization to the position of prominence required for it to exert a meaningful influence on our world. For this, I shoulder full and complete responsibility.

I wish to apologize, openly and publicly, to those members who, either because of personal loyalty to me or because of a determined personal conviction in the righteousness of our cause, chose to remain with the organization as it has limped along these past several months. There is nothing that I can do to make amends for the sacrifices and trials that you have suffered in the service of this organization, and I am deeply humbled and grateful for your hard work. I am honored to have known and worked with each of you and I know that you will all reach great heights in the future.

As for my own future, it is uncertain. My heart remains devoted to this planet which we share and to reforming the corporation which has given me so much, but the path now is not clear to me. I have received several generous offers to be reinstated as a full citizen of Omni-Tek, and, while I will not pretend that such offers are not incredibly tempting, I remain convinced that the types of reforms necessary for Omni-Tek at this point are beyond the scope of what may be accomplished internally. That, in addition to lingering concerns about my personal safety if I return to Omni-Tek territory "full time," makes it unikely that I will accept such offers in the near future.

For now, I will spend some time with my family and friends, and I will explore this wonderful world of ours. Perhaps I will once again take an active role in the day-to-day activities of my law firm. In time, if it be the will of the Almighty, I feel certain I will find my proper place in the world again. In the meantime, I thank everyone who has offered support and encouragement to me; each of you is a blessing from Heaven upon me.

Sincerely,

Racheal Schuemann, aka Blackpetal

((No, I'm not leaving the game or anything like that. AI has just made the elephant in the living room that much MORE obvious. I don't have time to run an organization... ^_^;; Incidentally, there was going to be a website, which my brother helped me put together, and which I think was going to be really neat. It wasn't ready to go "live" yet, but I figured since it's never going to be used now and I think it's kind of neat, I would at least let people who are curious take a look at the basic direction it was going... ^_^;; You can check it out here: http://www.loy-opp.com. It was a fun experiment, since I've never made a website before, and if anyone feels like sending me feedback on it, I always like getting PMs. ^_^

See you in game! ^_^))
    Last edited by Blackpetal; Sep 21st, 2004 at 02:29:39.
    Senior Partner, Schuemann & Associates (on leave)

(( Arrgghhhh!!!! An RP org that was loyal to Omni but fought from the clans to reform the megacorp goes under just as Yin, the Philip Ross worshipping Omni goes clan...? Oh man.... It just figures. ))
    [SIZE=2]I would believe only in a god who could dance. *Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager
    (( Arrgghhhh!!!! An RP org that was loyal to Omni but fought from the clans to reform the megacorp goes under just as Yin, the Philip Ross worshipping Omni goes clan...? Oh man.... It just figures. ))
    ((Well...we can still be friends... ^_^;; ))

((I remember when you left Omni. Too bad the org did not get as far as planned. It seemed exciting idea.

Anyhow, I wonder how much sensitive information you have now about workings of the clan and if they are going to stop you from going back to Omni-Tek.
    ))
    Engineer General Virta, Omni-Pol. Not in active service.

Roleplaying Profile of Jimi "Virta" Hendrix

(( *grin* Of course we can, Black. Yin has a soft spot for those who still revere the wisdom of Philip Ross, the man who knew that in peace there was prosperity and extended the amnesty to the clans. Even if it leads them a different path than her own road to dissidence.

"You do not become a "dissident" just because you decide one day to take up this most unusual career. You are thrown into it by your personal sense of responsibility, combined with a complex set of external circumstances. You are cast out of the existing structures and placed in a position of conflict with them. It begins as an attempt to do your work well, and ends with being branded an enemy of society."

And so our loyal, honorable KittenFu breaks her contracts with the megacorp she served so well and follows an enemy agent home to the clans. Still, in her strange way, doing her work well and remaining true to her interpretations of the will of Philip Ross, her ideal, by going to war against what she sees as corrupted, wasteful, unjust and unprofitable in OmniTek. While fending off big, angry aliens, trying to resolve the question of her humanity and evading capture and disassembly by a psychotic ex-departmental coworker who bought what the Unredeemed were selling. And somehow still managing to keep her hair up. ))
    [SIZE=2]I would believe only in a god who could dance. *Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

Ms. Schuemann,

I heard of your Clan's disbandment. It is quite unfortunate that has happened but maybe you can concentrate your efforts more on your struggle against corporate corruption instead of being distracted by the burden of leadership. On behalf of Whisper's Edge I offer you our best wishes to you and the former members of your Clan. May you all thrive and prosper.

Cathern Flowers
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

((Running an org is a very time consuming business, Petal, and definitely not something I have the time for. I'm sure you did your best; you definitely provided and interesting twist and some great stories. Good luck with wherever you decide to take your character. ))

Omni-Tek forgives you, fanatic.
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Quote Originally Posted by Nevver
    Omni-Tek forgives you, fanatic.
    Aww...Nevver. I've missed you, too! ^_^

Of course, I never have been a very good shot... ^_^;;

((I really like the wesite, Petal You and your brother obviously put a lot of time and effort into it, and I'm happy we got a chance to see it. It's a shame that the building and maintainance of an org is so time intrusive, that those of us with busy schedules are limited in what we can acheive. I wish you well in your fanatical journey, and I hope our paths cross soon.))

Ditzie reads the press release, yawns, and tosses another dart at the poster of Racheal Schuemann
    Hattie "Ditzie" Wagner
    Director of "Devil's Advocate"
    A Division of "Omni-Reform"