Thread: Do you feel PvP is 'ok'?

Do you feel PvP is 'ok'?

Do you feel that PvP is 'ok'?

Reply with a yes or no, if no, your reasons why it's not ok.

For me, no.

Reasons:Reflection/Bracers being used to extreme cases(ie up to 72% for nonsoldiers, soldiers with 100% for 1:20 max)
    Range capped at 40m
    Nano resist is not 'fully' functioning
    Healing to Damage ratio is 100% to 50%
    UVC+Flashpoint, or River6.. MAs...
    No /duel command
    No areas to overtake
    Special attacks poorly thought and at max having the same effect as the others(ie dimach will take off the same amount of damage that Fullauto can)
    etc,etc,etc

Is PvP fun? Yeah, it's not another damn boring mission, but it's starting to lose it's appeal..
    Perfection breeds weakness.

Obergeist-Burning bright, Above the head ghost

Mdgprogram-Fearful symmetry <---beat the every lovin' crap out of a level 60 soldier at 49

Stronger, better, faster, push it

The Troll Corps want you!tm
    General in the Troll Corps tm

i think PvP is fine, but i am a 65/MA

i dont mind the actual mechanics of PvP. what i dont like is that at level 65 the only places i could think of pvPing are the Tir arena and MMD. there should have been lowered suppession gases in the outlaying, somewhat more traffiked parts of rubi-ka that lower levels go (greater tir forest, for example). that way PvP would fit more into the whole storyline and lower players (politically) could actually help their cause..

just 2..

kurtz
    Pre-14.6 Freshman Boycott "Toolboxau" Canada - Legend 200 - Unit Member of Reborn - Proud American and Proud Conservative

ChanOP in FC's offical #anarchyonline; visit irc.funcom.com

Some say this country's just out looking for a fight
    Well after 9/11 man I'd have to say that's right
    Have you forgetten?

I think it is

Well we all know the unbalances / balances in PvP for the most part. I think PvP is fun no matter what. Yeah people use bracers , outside buffs.. etc ( clan vs clan fights, I always like to be self buffed to test my own self... against omni , of course I get outside buffed etc ) . If I get wooped .. so what, i had fun in that match .. im not a title hugger .. I PvP for fun.. if I win I win ,, if I loose I loose no biggie . if someone has outside buffs and cool bracers etc and I still woop them I get more satisfaction out of that .. cuz i just laugh , if I loose to that I just say " oh well , on equal ground i might have owned " so its not a big deal

on RK2 PvP is kinda weird tho .. no one my lvl seems to want to fight . so I have to end up fighting lvl 150+ and I get owned a lot but all in all its still fun .

There should be more PvP events tho, in my opinion . not sure how it is on RK1 but on RK2, it would be cool to have like a tournament ( single and team ) with lvl brackets etc .

anyhow, I tend to babble a lot so ill sign off now

Happy " whatever you do on rubi-ka " ,

Rain
    Newbiest of Newbs
    RainingClaw
    RK2 - LvL 171

No.

--Reflect bracers + Reflect buff are too overpowering. Bracers should be ignored when player damage is given. That keeps them fine for PvM.

--Heals. No logical reason why they should not be capped at 40% and heal 50%. It's just not right when a doctor can survive a beating from 4 others even level by chain casting complete heal.

--Zone hugging crap. Make a zone totally 25% or don't waste the time.

-- Arena's need a dueling system. Maybe a machine you can click on and recieve keys for, give these keys to whoever you want to duel with in the arena. You won't be allowed out of the arena until someone logs, dies, or delete's their key (thereby giving up and losing PvP points).

--PvP needs a purpose other than title ganking in the arena. Give us areas to take over and do it now.