Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Patch 14.4 WTA (wishful time of arrival)

I have a little problem with their imbruisement policy other then that FC is working like mad to make the game better. Lvl req, for nanos r very logical. Its stupid that a MP or Eng casts his/her strongest pet by lvl 120 (which is %20 of the way to 200) You thank god that they didnt touch it.
    Lion Strimple aka Sware

Nano QL has nothing to do with your level, or the intended use-level.

Originally posted by reality
    Nano QL has nothing to do with your level, or the intended use-level.
    What does it have to do with, then?

Originally posted by Sware
    I have a little problem with their imbruisement policy other then that FC is working like mad to make the game better. Lvl req, for nanos r very logical. Its stupid that a MP or Eng casts his/her strongest pet by lvl 120 (which is %20 of the way to 200) You thank god that they didnt touch it.
    Hello,

that true nothing to add ... . But you ever mind how affected the breeds with there abilitys and special items ? (like shade for nanomage, 3rd eye of ...). There you have then no "uniques" anymore as for example nanomage. You are allways capped to the lvl requirements earlier. The breed system is in this case screwd.

--Tibs
    Apprentice Pnh "Tibanna" Dispencer
    200 Nano-Technican

Experienced Notself "Mswarm" Buffed
    210 Doctor

-Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But is was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Brother- George Orwell

Few shots in the dark...

1. playerbase<->FC interaction:
    a) They read these boards, they discuss the issues among themselves and reach conclussions. They don't discuss it with us cause then nothing would ever be done. I mean, I don't get half of discussions on these boards yet I spend couple of hours a day reading them. There are thounsands of people out there, each with her/his own opinion about something. What? We set up a ranking system who has the right for 4 pages worth of debate with game designer?

b) They glance at these boards just to see we are still here . They don't really want to know what we say because some of it might be a good idea and then they would need to implement it and they don't have resources (of whatever kind) to do it.

2. skill based game going level based
    a) They don't really have a clue what to do. Game has long overgrown original design and they are just trying to swim in a quicksand.

b) They know what they want. Sell as much copies as they can. Subscription based income just isn't what they've expected and selling boxes is the only other option. How do you make a game appealing to buyers? You make it newbie friendly! Level based game IS newbie friendly. There's nothing to overheat your brain over. You do levels and that's it. And my lvl26 won't get blown away by some lvl7 so I won't go around screaming CHEATER. I've seen this trend in other games and it doesn't surprise me.

3. if this and that I'm quiting
    a) You are bluffing in attempt to draw attention
    b) You are serious in which case just friggin quit and no, I don't want your stuff. I might even miss you; I know few I would, but then AO isn't the only chat client out there. I don't need breathtaking 32 bit T&L-filled graphics to do RP, less to keep in touch.

4. i've put hours and hours into this toon of mine and now they're gonna ruin it
    a) Emm, get a life?
    b) Yes, so? You're gonna put years and years (hopefully) into your real life character only to drop down and rot. You had (in both "lifes") your fair share of fun (plenty I hope) and I wish you even more in the future, so wtf?
    c) Start a new one. And this time DON'T transfer 6 millions to it. Don't transfer anything.

Hmm, thought I've had something more to say...

YAN after ****ty day at the office preparing to log in wondering if dragons will really camp the grid cause I've never seen one and would love to
    postcount++

Originally posted by Vydas

What does it have to do with, then?
    It's some really weird formula that makes no sense that calculates the QL, based on the skill requirements. The cheaper your skills, the higher the QL of the nano will be.

That's why MP nano's go over QL200, and enforcer nano's stop around QL150.

Actually this makes sense if you want a class to get a nano at about a certain time. Assume they'll fill out the necessary skill to a certain amount based on how much pain is involved. (75-100% for greens, 50-75 for lt-blues, and barely at all for dark blues.)

But I think the QL should be tied to that target audiences level, not to the skill needed to access.

Old...

Closing the thread to avoid it bumping.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456