Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Patch 14.4 WTA (wishful time of arrival)

Thyrra, there will never be a 'primary' patch with an odd digit after the decimal.

Funcom creates 'major patches' in the form of 14.2, 14.4, 14.6, etc. The 14.3 patch would be an 'emergency patch of 14.2', not a new content patch.

The new longer version number may mean they rarely do an odd numbered patch at all, since they can now do 14.2.05, etc.

another good way to block grid terminals is using hydro vehicles.

Announcement

Announcement: Beastiary withdrawn in protest

The Guide to Rubi-Kan Flora and Fauna has been withdrawn by the author in protest of the state of Rubi-ka.

As Chief Langel, I hereby publicly state my support for fellow Langel Nynx. We do not wish to continue spending our own resources to serve the interests of the authorities until they engage in meaningful dialogue with the citizens of Rubi-Ka on a basis of mutual respect.

Inocybe Matusz
    Chief Langel
    Tribunal Langels
    Ino
    rolling leet, crouching tiger, hidden dragon

Pioneer rifle/crossbow Vanguard with a personal sidearm and a campstove
    Atlantean

AO Adventurer Professional (2003-2004)

Map design suggestion for mapmakers

Re: Announcement

Originally posted by Inocybe
    Announcement: Beastiary withdrawn in protest

The Guide to Rubi-Kan Flora and Fauna has been withdrawn by the author in protest of the state of Rubi-ka.

As Chief Langel, I hereby publicly state my support for fellow Langel Nynx. We do not wish to continue spending our own resources to serve the interests of the authorities until they engage in meaningful dialogue with the citizens of Rubi-Ka on a basis of mutual respect.

Inocybe Matusz
    Chief Langel
    Tribunal Langels
    /applause

1. isnt lizard form non-solid, where u can walk through and into it to enter the grid?

2. they should just skip ahead to patch #105.123.967 and call it a day =)

All these postings in the forums regarding level requirements and zero response until now. Just a short announcement that 14.4 might hit the servers at thursday. How about replacing the forums with a simple webpage were Funcom publishes announcements because you are obviously not interested in our humble opinions and concerns.

- Pangur
    Pangur, lv200 Ranger of Axis

So, I guess this means we'll be getting no answers here. That's super.

Bring on the end of the game!
    Click Click BOOM

www.proveuswrong.com
    BoomDoom - Lvl 146 NT
    Thugdoom - lvl 80 enforcer
    EmissaryDoom - lvl 75 Crat
    ProfDoom - Lvl 57 MP
    Nursedoom - lvl 57 Doctor

I just want to go on the record saying it's downright disgraceful that funcom still hasnt responded to this thread... monday morning I got in a big argument with Dai and Cz in IRC asking when we were going to get an answer to the various threads on this subject and wound up with this ending... (times are EST [gmt-5])
    [02:47] <Tetrasodium> Cz then when can we expect an answer? cause given the current trend it's starting to become painfully obvious that you (funcom) intents to send 14.4 through reguardless of what we have to say about it's issues
    [02:47] <Sheldon> but they only sell for more than i want to pay
    [02:47] <BoltGrinder> Black pete? HELLO! Is there a single adv on rubi kai using 1h blunt?
    [02:47] <sundew> yes BoltGrinder
    [02:47] <sundew> I know of one
    [02:47] <Wal> yeah actuallly there is Bolt
    [02:47] <BoltGrinder> Half the damn enforcer population uses 1h blunt now
    [02:47] <Cz> Tetra, I don't know. Today, perhaps, unless we all have to spend 6 hours in here listening to this kind of conversations.
    and this from this morning...

:38] *** Q sets mode: +o Cosmik
    [03:38] <Cosmik> Morning
    [03:38] <skymarshal> Morning Cos
    [03:38] <Tetrasodium> hey cosmik.... have you happened to read the responces to your announcement yesterday?...
    03:39] <Cosmik> Which announcement yesterday?
    [03:39] <Daquis_AG> about 14.4
    [03:39] <Tetrasodium> the 14.4 one
    [03:39] <Cosmik> Not yet. I just got in. Why?
    03:39] <Daquis_AG> some are not happy...
    [03:39] * Newterror runs to forums
    [03:39] *** fragware has quit IRC (Connection reset by peer)
    [03:39] <Drsnurre> "some" might be an understatement tho
    [03:40] <Tetrasodium> oh... you might want to uhm... read it... and also you should know that there are threads in advent and fixer forums where we as players are organizing to shut down grid access...
    [03:40] <Newterror> anyone got a link to this announcement?
    Needless to say if there is no answer today we can be sure that funcom intends to ignore us and change from a company that at least pretends to use our input on changes to a company that cares absolutely nothing about what we have to say about their "vision" because it's going to be done how they already decided on and don't care about your input (anybody remember when verant would tell us about the "vision" and how we just don't understand it...)

Arrow

Hmm, I to am not happy with the level requirements on nanos. I *can* see two legitimate uses for them:

1) To prevent abuse by low level twinks - the level limit should be set low enough that a player can use this at a level they can legitimately self-buff to the skill requirements at, but high enough to prevent the twinkers abusing it (a potentially fine line I admit).

2) To enable lower skill requirements on a nano than its QL would suggest whilst still having control over when it can be used.

From looking at the current nanos, neither of these appears to be the reason. So I too would like an explanation from the designers as to their intent.

If this is some half-baked 'solution' to not implementing OE on NCUs and belts... grrrr!

I still don't understand why that was not possible, seems pretty straightforward to me. Implants, yes, that would have benn trickier (not impossible though), but NCU should not have been difficult.

Arrow

And whatever happened to Gaute's and the other designer's articles on feature of the game design? A post about a new patch that has just hit testlive explaining some of the new features and changes would avoid an awful lot of this sort of thing...

Get them designer's writing, lets see their take on the game and some of the more heated issues - static dungeons, camping, hunting, guilds and story organisations, profession balance, breed balance...

Talk to us! Is it that hard? I appreciate that they all have other things to do, but if anything is more important than the customer base then you've got your priorities all wrong...

This is a great game, and it shows promise of being even greater, don't screw up now...

Originally posted by Darkbane
    Hmm, I to am not happy with the level requirements on nanos. I *can* see two legitimate uses for them:

1) To prevent abuse by low level twinks - the level limit should be set low enough that a player can use this at a level they can legitimately self-buff to the skill requirements at, but high enough to prevent the twinkers abusing it (a potentially fine line I admit).

2) To enable lower skill requirements on a nano than its QL would suggest whilst still having control over when it can be used.

From looking at the current nanos, neither of these appears to be the reason. So I too would like an explanation from the designers as to their intent.

If this is some half-baked 'solution' to not implementing OE on NCUs and belts... grrrr!

I still don't understand why that was not possible, seems pretty straightforward to me. Implants, yes, that would have benn trickier (not impossible though), but NCU should not have been difficult.
    Low level twink will seek out 20 buffs before they would seek out an MP mastery (essence, crit, attack rating).

The reqs on the new nanos is equal or higher than the old ones. Additionally I'm not sure why the reqs themselves can't be the guiding light on this. Isn't that what the IP system is all about?

-- Not that you want the changes hehe - just saying even those 2 reasons would be half-baked if that's why they are implemented this.
    Tashia Munchausen Age, RK-2 Clan Engie, El Presidente of EcoDisaster.
    Munchausen's EE Layout
    Sill the best starter guide for making towers

“Computer games don’t affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us…we’d all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music”. Krisitan Wilson, Nintendo Inc. 1989.

Quick question:

Isnt the next patch supposed to be on the "Next Patch" Forum?

I mean I just went there and realized all the stickies were related to the last patch. Arnt the changes in the Next patch supposed to be posted there so we can discuss them before it goes live?

I did notice that there was going to be a statement coming soon, at least thats what Cosmik posted. So I guess we will then se how much Funcom thinks they can abuse us when that happens.

BTW, what happened to Dai-Gailan? Now when I search that name I get a response that there is no such user. Not like when I search Cz it just says that he hasnt posted in a long time.

your spelling his name wrong by the looks of things... Dai is still around

I think it is Dai-Galean
    but to be on the safe side type Dai- in the search box and switch it to partial name. you'll find him

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=33714

since cosmik was kind enough to lock the thread when he posted and I can't create a new thread in this forum it i'll shove it here...

Cosmik you have outright ignored everything the community has said about this issue and cannot expect us to simply lay down and accept the way you [funcom] have setup the level req's+bossdrop on the new nanos. You have given zero responce to any of our concerns about any part of 14.4 and given the utter disgrace of a runaround you and Cz have given me in IRC is any indication of how you will handle this I'm rather sure that your explaination is going to amount to a page from verant's "we have a vision if you don't like it leave".

Personally I have decided that if 14.4 goes through as is if there is no announcement of a change within 1 week I will be leaving, never play another Funcom product and do my utmost to convince others thinking about it not to just as I have done with verant and SWG.

Originally posted by Tetra
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=33714

since cosmik was kind enough to lock the thread when he posted and I can't create a new thread in this forum it i'll shove it here...

Well, in fairness, that post just says we can expect to read something soon(tm). So, it's not so bad that it's been locked.

Arrow

Originally posted by Tiran
    Thyrra, there will never be a 'primary' patch with an odd digit after the decimal.

Funcom creates 'major patches' in the form of 14.2, 14.4, 14.6, etc. The 14.3 patch would be an 'emergency patch of 14.2', not a new content patch.

The new longer version number may mean they rarely do an odd numbered patch at all, since they can now do 14.2.05, etc.
    And here we all thought the point of the new numbering scheme was to do away with that even/odd silliness...

oh... and evidentally voicing your feelings on what funcom is doing on a regular basis in IRC is a bannable offence when it casts them in a negative light.

[10:41] <Abrii> Tetra that is it, you don't care about anyone else but you and the attention you can get by ranting on and on in here and frankly I am tired of it. SInce I cannot put you on ignore, and since you've caused yet another frakas in here yet again.... Bye bye
    [10:41] <Mot> they are mearly the middlemen
    [10:41] *** Abrii sets mode: +b *!*@dsl-64-131-181-113.telocity.com
    [10:41] *** You were kicked by Karetha (Ban enforcement - You were banned from the channel.)

Originally posted by Darkbane

And here we all thought the point of the new numbering scheme was to do away with that even/odd silliness...
    yes, but I think since they promised advents and fixers fixes in specific patches (14.4 and 14.6) it was easier for them to keep the same system so the players didnt get confused (as some easily are it seems)

maybe they will change the numbering system once theyhave reached a patch they have no promised something specific for

Arrow

Originally posted by Munchausen

Low level twink will seek out 20 buffs before they would seek out an MP mastery (essence, crit, attack rating).

The reqs on the new nanos is equal or higher than the old ones. Additionally I'm not sure why the reqs themselves can't be the guiding light on this. Isn't that what the IP system is all about?

-- Not that you want the changes hehe - just saying even those 2 reasons would be half-baked if that's why they are implemented this.
    Yes, and therefore #2 is the only real reason, and that the current new 14.4 nanos with level reqs. don't match up with it...

I applaud many of the comments and tactics here, but I do want to point out one misconception. Funcom is not setting a new precedent with level restrictions on nanos in 14.4. Two agent nanos in 14.2 also had level restrictions. One was a ql 146 nano with a level 100 req; the other was a ql 169 nano with a level 180 req. There was very little uproar about that fact with most agents focusing on the MP pet restrictions and the fact that the nanos were going to be team mission drops instead.

Personally, I have no problem with level reqs on items and nanos as long as they are reasonable. The level req should NEVER be higher than the ql of the nano, though. And the ql of the nano should be relative to the other nanos for that profession based upon its nano skill reqs.

Scorus

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast