Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Patch 14.4 WTA (wishful time of arrival)

Angry

Originally posted by Atlavan
    I foresee level reqs on mission. You can not enter a level 190 mission until you're level 195, for instance.

Flashbacks of asherons call
    You must be X level to use this portal

ACK!

This is very big mistake and if this patch goes live without addressing possible exploits then it will be an even bigger mistake.
    Last edited by DarkeKnyte; Jun 27th, 2002 at 00:57:43.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. - Arthur C. Clarke
    ------------------------
    Serendipity is looking for a needle in a haystack and finding the farmer's daughter.
    ------------------------
    "Your safety guaranteed, in just a few arns." - Staleek
    "Bill Gates can't guarantee Windows, how're you going to guarantee my safety?" - John Crichton

WTD - wishful time of departure

Ok, that's it! After hundreds of posts pointing out that no one likes the level reqs on the nano's FC still doesn't listen. What a retarded company! It's like we're all talking to a giant brick wall - one way conversation all the way.

My account runs till august, then i'm done with your stupid game.

FU, FC! I hope your company goes the way of the Titanic when the majority of the high level player base leaves for bigger and better MMORPG's, leaving you with a bunch of level 50ish noobs going, WTF?
    Millard "Zzzzzz" Peak - Adventurer
    And 5 other gimps too!

"I've never been so thirsty in my life!"
    - Half Baked

Arrogance......

Has always been an FC trait.

I am dumbfounded by this move by FC as it will skew everything away from how it has been. You should perhapshave listened to the PR person you just put on "leave" FC.

Having spoken to Ms. Lund I got the impression she actually knew what PR stood for and some of the mechanics of keeping your customer shappy.

That Cosmik har posted a thread saying we must wait for clarification doesnt mean a thing, other than the fact that FC is dragging this out until post patch.

One by one FC is removing the things that made this game enjoyable, and one by one they keep making it more like other "failed" mmorpgs......

Legion
    Beartwo

and a whole litter of bearcubs ...

"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -- Plato
    "You see me now, a soldier, of a 1000 psychic wars...." -- Blue Oyster Cult

This is a good thing it will help stop over equipping and balance the classes, as in you will get the nano's when funcom designed the game to survive you having them.

It's mildly disheartening to hear FC is still just as, I dunno... deaf? Yet at the same time, they seem like they really do want the players to be happy. I just re-activated my account with the intention to play a bit to see how things are, and I see FC up to its old tricks again.

I don't exactly like to entertain the idea of level req's on nano's... but am at least thankful they aren't making a retroactive change(for now, who really knows). It's already been said that one of AO's charms was the fact that even though levels exist, skills are the big kicker: they are what usually matter. I admit it's fun to buff my Adv as much as I can just so I can run that cool new proggie!

Sad to say, but I imagine the patch'll go through and if it's ever addressed, it will be too little too late.
    Lauri
    Cookiemonger

The Original GSP Groupie

why have lvl reqs? why not just say, "ok, we don't want to you play fixer/adven, and MP's are getting too popular, so lets screw them all in one swoop"

i'm also reminded of those AC warps "You must be at least lvl10 to enter" or something like that and it poops you back out =P

Thumbs down

Lvl requirements are bloody insane, especialy since the change would remove all use of buffs except to save IP by not increasing skills.
    Troll Commando, doing the dirty work that need to be done.

Originally posted by Sytrae
    This is a good thing it will help stop over equipping and balance the classes, as in you will get the nano's when funcom designed the game to survive you having them.
    What if your Mocham's had a level 195 req to use? What would you think then, hmm?
    Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.

Originally posted by EvilSpork
    What if your Mocham's had a level 195 req to use? What would you think then, hmm?

And your demon?

lol or your bot... ok, now not only am I useless .. with mochams running in a good team i can keep my bot... wait the bot has a level requirement of 150... umm.... now i can't even use my bot. guess ill sit here and soak exp... /hidareign has been kicked... you are no longer in a team...

this is what will happen... If we let it.
    Q u o t e:
    ((OOC))

Pardon me for hijacking the thread, here..

But, Brion - if you don't want your mother to know you were up and on the computer at 3:29 in the morning - DON'T post on a forum that she reads.

Busted.
    Grounded.

From the WoW forums. best PWNAGE EVAH!!!

guys take it easy... omg

U know why they put in the IPR ?

Just becuse they cheanged some styff back there so it f*** up some things. There was angry ppl out there that put some IPs wrong. They want u to give second chanse to make the skills u have put wrong tp put them right again, just becuse they did something wrong. And the new players that we high lvl calls "n00bs" go back like 6 - 8 month ago and look there if u can, and u will understand. I have some irl friends that quited this game just becuse they did something wrong.

The OE is a good thing, i dont think u will see a low lvl char coming running ther whit a ql40 higher than him self are.
    Like my fixer, i hade at lvl 6 a ql46 weap, did over 350 dmg. That is what i called OE, i am sure i could fix a ql55 max. But dident want to take the time. Well that is a good thing to EO, nice move there.

I can understand the high lvl req for some nanos. I see that like a bad thing, but its a good thing to the end. Its like to see a low lvl Adv pumping him slef up whit 7000 more HP and step into the 25% zone and starting to kill ppl. Its the new nanos, and there isnt only req level "195" there is lower req to. The lvl 195 req just give u more strenght to get more lvls just to could use a new nano. I hate to lvl its to damn boring at my lvl, soon lvl 190 and the new nano for fixer and the best one is lvl 195, befor when i dident know that the patching is comeing, i was wounder... no way im going to be lvl 200, what do i get... nothing! but now whit the new nanos that is req lvl 195, its just a good thing.

So pls stop whineing all "n00bs" and get some lvls. U want it easier, go to the test server and play there, they will give u what u want.

And remeber, this isnt the "last" patch. Im sure they will fix the bad thing at the new patch if this dosent work out, been while u are waiting to the new patches.. get some lvls, its a expencive mirc channel u are playing in. So stop sitting around and talk ****chatting and get som lvl.

Like i said..... "this isnt the "last" patch" there will be more.

You doing a great job FC, but sure some things arent the best, but im sure u trying to fix it.

"wow i have a super mega uber twinked char, he is useing a ql200 weapon and the best nano that the prof can have... and Im only lvl 50!!!!" now i dont need to get some more lvls... ohhh noooo!!! FC is going to put OE and req lvl 195 on them, now i cant use the nanos and my gun will be 75% eff, f***... will quit the game now" <--- all low lvl ppl, so get some lvls pls!

And i forgot ... its not all nanos that is high lvl req on them. The one u useing now will be the same like always.. if u survive now, u will survive this patch to.. so pls stop complaining. the one that should complain is the traders, have a nice lvl 150ish friend that is quiting to day, just becuse the healings..

what you dont understand is at level 75 your fair game to anyone. that level 200 enforcer with a support beam. that level 190 advent with new aoe 's. your fair game. so now lets say i go get essence of uber.. so i can survive for 2 rounds. the message comes up you do not meet level requirements for nano.

Well now what im definatly not going into a pvp zone. being fair game for someone who can use essance of uber. or Mark of 8%. sure I have subg but my ql 100 claw dont hit for what his ql 200 sledgehammer of doom does.

This is what the deal is ... that is why we cannot calm down.
    Q u o t e:
    ((OOC))

Pardon me for hijacking the thread, here..

But, Brion - if you don't want your mother to know you were up and on the computer at 3:29 in the morning - DON'T post on a forum that she reads.

Busted.
    Grounded.

From the WoW forums. best PWNAGE EVAH!!!

U know what the real prob is. Its like buying kids candy all the time, and when we stop to do it they will be angry just becuse they havent any money to buy candy... why not try to get some moneys (lvls)?

And i promise u, u dont only want to get lvl 200 just to use all nanos, i doing it for be proud of my self so i can talk to my buddys.. "hey guys remeber AO, ahhh i was lvl 200 there.. and u?" ....

a lvl200 player SHOULD be able to pick off a lvl75 player with a toothpick. Why else would you have lvls and gain ip/hp thereafter? a lvl75 isn't FAIR game... he/she's just plain game.

Do ppl want a game where you pay your 12$, choose a breed/prof and then type in desired lvl and pick the equipment you want from a list? I know Im exagerating like hell but sometimes when I read in the forums thats sort of the feeling I get from some posts.

I see one post from some FC person and then 30 more or less identical, angry posts demanding this and that and alot of 'you suck, ffs, morons etc' in alot of the diffrent areas.
    I think we (all subscribers) would get better response from FC if ppl just tried to be more civilized and write posts that might
    include some serious thinking (I have seen such posts).

I know I have written one or two posts without really thinking and I sort of regret it afterwards since it wont do much good except for venting some anger/frustration.

I try to remeber that FC has created the game and they make the rules any way they see fit, take it or leave it (more or less). If they should listen and change the game according to what everyone wants I think the game would be really boring.

*nods*

I have to agree with you Uberfix.
    That is the way it should be, but from my experience with DAOC, it could well mean that people of a higher level will be able to wipe you out time and time again.
    Forget tactics and strategy.
    PvP will encourage people to think of one thing: level level level!
    How banal.
    That is what drove me from DAOC (my healer spent all his time cowering behind a tree, hoping there was no Hibbies or Albs stalking near by).
    I sincerely hope that is not what will come to pass here.

Question

Ok, seeing as you are not getting any response posting your concerns on this forum, why dont you all do something about it?

just /quit AO

Simple as that.

Errr ?

Hello,

half true Uperfix ... . Ao is (how all says here) Skill based system. You get the ability to find/ sell/ build "Implants" to improfe your main abilitys. With 14.0 they (FunCom) stoped or fixed the stacking system by Implants and items (like Armor).

Anyhow you can on legal normal way now get ql of implants in you where are way more higher in Ql as your base level. So you can/ could use more new nanos for your proffesion. For example the Nanotech. He can just put 3 MC Implants in and can use so way higher Nukes, Buffs as he could use w/o. With the new patch you will be get resitriced access to the new nanaos. Sure you don't care about the Ql 195 because you fetch in 6-7 levels the req. for that. You also say it's boring to level up tp 163 where all breeds get caps in titles and abilitys. But the reason that you can looking forward to upload the new Buff is odd sorry. There are ao many Thread here around where peoples says they can't selfbuff the nano and oops still at 200 not.

Theoretical in the future all new nanos will be levelrestriced. What you do with the ql 212 nanos ? (If some get out). Yay wait for the expansion pack maybe ... . I like the idea to get rid of the OE no matter. I dislike the idea to hug on the "LevelSystemTrail". I dont want to make offence to anyone here. Im at the moment no Fixer nor Adventure. But I really think that the employes from FunCom don't play the game. Maybe they do but not up to level 200. There is allway a huge black hole of high level content. Even more I think Fc did went a wrong way.
    Like cosmik wrote they calculated the new Level Req w/ any implant setup. If its so they need to remove completly the Impant-Screen with all the Terminal Booth in shops.

The biggest shame is there come nothing of an announcement or the 'ole line "we are looking into ...". 2 weeks and over 1000 postings about that case and not one feedback from a developer or someone. Oh wait we got one from cosmik this days whats happend with patch and nanos ... . Well well that makes the game not better imho.

Just my 0.02 cents,
    --Tibs
    Apprentice Pnh "Tibanna" Dispencer
    200 Nano-Technican

Experienced Notself "Mswarm" Buffed
    210 Doctor

-Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But is was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Brother- George Orwell

Originally posted by hauruk
    ... I try to remeber that FC has created the game and they make the rules any way they see fit, take it or leave it (more or less). If they should listen and change the game according to what everyone wants I think the game would be really boring.
    Well posted ;).
    Anyway Fc allways listen to the subscriber. You must feel it esp we are on Rk2. If you get like 200 posters where complain about stuff on Rk1 all dimensions will be affected to this changes (remember Tarasque camping ? On Rk2 wasnt that a problem tho). They do listen to us and I think they must listen to us. But like you say'd. Serious posters will get more attantion and response as flamer, nobrainer (sorry), the list goes on ... .
    many ppls where enjoy the game dont write so mutch nor arn't registerd on this forum. And this is sad.

--Tibs
    Apprentice Pnh "Tibanna" Dispencer
    200 Nano-Technican

Experienced Notself "Mswarm" Buffed
    210 Doctor

-Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But is was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Brother- George Orwell

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast