Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Living Life at the Rusty Wrench

When the cyborg went down he immediately turns off his Taunter and steps away, covering the hole in the wall with his gun.
    He reestablishes the comm link with his ride and orders it to go to alert status, he might need to evac the place in a hurry, storm or no storm. The sensors are unable to pick up any lifeforms in that area but there's a whole desert out there for them to hide in.

Over the shoulder he calls to the owner, "Do you have any kind of stuff to board up this hole with? The sand's getting in my coffee.."
    Tempus fugit.

Everybody has a photographic memory.
    Some don't have film.

When you find a big kettle of crazy it's best not to stir it.
    -PHB/Scott Adams

Damon leans down and winces at Dookumi once, she seemed alright, just battered a bit. "I'll get it." he says as he helps her up. Walking from behind the bar, he pulls out a nanoprogramming interface and starts programming something in. He eyes the hole for a moment and then starts the program. Swarms of nanobots collect, swirling around him for a moment then thrust out at the whole. Bits of wreckage around Damon and between him and the damaged wall seem to melt away as the nanobots collect the materials. Slowly at first, then more quickly, the hole closes. Left behind is a smooth, flat solid wall, blocking the wind and sand outside.

"I'll have to reenforce that later some time. It'll hold for now." Damon says as he steps back behind the bar. "Take that out back, DIYA" he says up to the slayer, pointing at the carcass. Probably a few useful parts could be salvaged from it, mostly junk though probably.

As D.I.Y.A. removes the cyborg and carries it outside, Damon walks back around the bar, closely followed by Daedelus, who was feeling much more protective. "Well, the drinks are on the house for now." he says with a chuckle. "Sorry for the excitement there." Reaching below the counter, he produces more cups and fills them from the coffee pot and slides them across the bar.

"You alright over there?" he asks, looking at Incyro. He could see the fluid she was trying to keep in the tubes to her mask dribbling down her hand.
    Damon 'Korejar' Thompon
    ~Society of Salvation~
    Living Life at the Rusty Wrench

Official Chewtoy of Regulas and Timelapse
    Foil makes a dandy hat to keep the sun out of your eyes.... as well as Regulas's mind control rays out of your brain!

An eye rolling downwards, farther and farther from its body, focusing on a small building in the desert. The pupil widens and contracts until facing dim.
    Engineer General Virta, Omni-Pol. Not in active service.

Roleplaying Profile of Jimi "Virta" Hendrix

*Wishing she was more use in a fight she stands up and moves over to help clean up the minor wounds and see if Damon needs help serving the drinks. She feels its the least she can do concidering she wasnt much help in the fight.* Damon, I can help serve that if you will let me. I am sorry I never carry a weapon with me and I..I just want to help in anyway I can.

Black-cat spits some chunks of the cyborg's neck out and looks over at Damon.
    "Check on everyone and make sure they're ok, I'm heading out to look for more." he says before knocking the door open with his furry head and faces the storm, scouting with his eagle-eye.
    ~Trolls~
    Malcom "Chamaelo" Ashwell - Ex-Immortal.
    Vanguard Adriaan "Demongun" Blackwind - Hermit.
    Jawquez "Jawalooc" Loocazt - Bounty Hunter.
    Michael "Mirkle" Kreble - Creep.
    Christopher "Xelger" Junior - Coffee Maker.

Child Of The Omni - The Boy With The Kitten - Sleepless - The Storm/Breathe - Terminal

"You've just got to keep writing, if that's what makes you happy,
    even when there is no indication anyone is actually reading your work." - Savoy

*Amelie takes a sip of the fresh coffee and gingerly touches her face where the nanobots just finnished their work. Taking a look arround the small bar, she proceeds to help straighten tables and chairs.*

"Please keep my coffee warm, will ya? I'll go give'im a hand," he grins and goes out the door as well.
    Tempus fugit.

Some don't have film.

-PHB/Scott Adams

The blonde guy with a mullet, the one she suspected was an engineer, asked if she was alright. She nodded slightly, then got up and approached him once the woman at the bar had stared clearing the furniture. Her 'voice' cracked and fizzed as she spoke.

'You kn*frzt*w yer w*crrk*ay with bio-mech*thccck*cs? Got some s*frrzzt*nd in this 'ere section and a br*zzzrzrr*ach on the cord.'

Damon nods slightly to the two heading outside once, then smiles at Luvii. "Its appriciated," he says. "Well... I'm more pure mechnics," he replies to Incyro. I can take a look though, at very least..." he trails off as he leans down, looking under the bar. "Lean a little closer for a moment." he says, standing up as he tears a silver strip off a roll. "I don't have the proper repair parts, but this should hold you a little while." He reaches out and pinches the sticky side of the tape around the cord, effectively sealing the punctures temporarily. "I wouldn't try to leave that on more than a couple days, it'll seep through after that. Can you show me the clogged part?"

Damon smiles and looks over the bar once more, sand and wreckage still littered the floor, but thanks to the help, most of the tables and surviving chairs were at least upright. He reaches back down to his nanoprogramming interface and taps in a few instructions and sends a smaller cloud of nanobots around the bar. They started a repeated the earlier actions of seemingly melting the sand and bits, leaving the wanted things alone. The shimmering seemed to enter and exit into the back room.

"Well, anyone need anything? With this storm, I wouldn't try to go too far..."
    Damon 'Korejar' Thompon
    ~Society of Salvation~

Foil makes a dandy hat to keep the sun out of your eyes.... as well as Regulas's mind control rays out of your brain!

He opens the door and says, "All clear to the south and west for at least two cllicks, I've put up a series of alarm sentries. They might not work very well in this storm but they'll be better than nothing."
    Fingering a new rent in his cloak he continues, "I'll take one more sweep up north just to make sure that scorpiods is the worst thing out here. Sweet little creatures, but not very sociable, I'm afraid."
    With a quiet laugh at the attempted joke, he closes the door and goes back into the storm.
    Tempus fugit.

Some don't have film.

-PHB/Scott Adams

*Smiles at Damon*.. Some fresh coffee would be nice. I still have some papers to file and..* listens to the wind* Seems like I am going to be here awhile longer.

<as Shane>

*takes a sip of coffee* Hey Damon, I have an associate from home office comming by if you want to make any insurance claims for damage. *takes another sip, looks around the bar, and shrugs* Up to you, though.

She gently unlocked and lifted off the outer part of the face module, unveiling a puzzle of wires, computer chips, amplifier and vocal reader and a small speaker where her chin and mouth would normally have been. She tried to point out the problem area with a finger without touching anything, explaining how it worked in a quiet tone to the engineer.

While he worked, she mumbled 'When ya think this 'ere storm's gunna end? They last long 'ere or what?'

Damon produces a small thin screwdriver from a hip pocket and works on the module. "Not too long," he replies. "Couple three hours are all that it usually takes for them to blow over, but they're not usually this thick." A small click is heard from the module, then an amount of sand falls free onto the bar. "That should do it," he replies with a smile, twisting a connector back tight.

Returning the module, he glances out a window at the raging sand storm. "That's the first cyborg I've seen here though. Probably got lost in the storm. I do hope this thing clears up soon...."
    Damon 'Korejar' Thompon
    ~Society of Salvation~

Reentering the bar, now carrying a large and obviously well-used machinegun over his shoulder, he says "Ok, clear to the north as well. Got any sandwiches around, barkeep?"
    Turns to the young lady, who's face module is being repaired: "And thanks for blinding him, if I didn't say that earlier, ma'am. It's so much nicer to fight them when they can't see" he smiles.

Shaking the dust from his cloak, he puts it over the back of a chair and proceeds to remove his body armor and clean it off as well, in the process revealing a black t-shirt with a silver clan logo.
    After wiping and oiling each piece he puts them back on, adjusting them to fit just right.
    Tempus fugit.

Some don't have film.

-PHB/Scott Adams

While the man worked, the atrox came back in, weighed down with an old weapon. He said something to her, thanking for her blinding the cyborg, and she nodded back.

She thanked the engineer and ran her cred card through the reader at the end of the bar, tranferring a small amount of creds as tip, before scurrying back to the corner. The atrox shook dust off his coat, and went on to take off the armor he had under, probably to clean it. He exposed a shirt with a clan logo on it, and she cursed quietly in her corner. Why did that bloody storm corner her like this?

Sinking further into the chair, running a backup system in her NCU and a system scan on her cybernetics, she took another look around the bar, her orange-lit eyes finally settling on the woman who had been hurt. Incyro tilted her head and looked closer. A shudder went through her as she remembered the feeling of feathers instead of skin. Mumbling low, she turned to the windo again, looking nervously at the howling storm.

~Crap, it's tha' leet-woman...I gotta get out of 'ere...~

The big kitty nudged the door open again, placed himself in the middle of the room and shook the dirt out of his fur, grinning at Damon.

"All litterbox jokes aside, you need a dustbuster. This place is a sandbox." He smirked and pawed his way back to the bar, his opifex form appearent again as he sits down on the barstool. He looks seriously at Damon.

"Everyone alright?"
    ~Trolls~

Child Of The Omni - The Boy With The Kitten - Sleepless - The Storm/Breathe - Terminal

*Drinks some coffee*
    Hearing the shapeshifter's question to the owner, he thinks a bit, then replies, "No, not really, no. I'm hungry."
    *Drinks some more coffee*
    Tempus fugit.

Some don't have film.

-PHB/Scott Adams

Black looks over his shoulder at the atrox and smiles, tossing him a cracker from the Cracker-Jar on the bar.
    ~Trolls~

*Catches the cracker in mid-air*

*Smiles at the bartender*

"By the way, my name's Jokzer, and you make a darn good coffee" he says.

*Eats the cracker and grins broadly*
    Tempus fugit.

Some don't have film.

-PHB/Scott Adams

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast