Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Living Life at the Rusty Wrench

* pulls back her hood and dumps the sand off at the door to try and keep the floor a little cleaner, smiling as she spots the one person who makes her heart beat faster she stops at the bar for a cool cider and to lay credits for her drink*

" Been a long time, this places hasnt changed that much Damon..just the ppl and the dust"
    Amanda"Luvii"Sahadumn
    Doctor of Omni-Tek

Walking along the road, feeling suns burning down from an almost white sky, making the air shimmer with heat. Bad thing, that, it'll really ruin one's looks. Good thing I don't give a care, time at the work bench has taught me that.. It's the dust that gets to me, dust everywhere, eyes, ears, mouth, even under the collar.
    That dust.. it gets in everywhere and a girl just finds it uncomfortable. My hooded coat will keep a lot of sunshine out but not that icky dust.

I wait and focus on the road? nah, path behind me. Sure enough, back a ways I see the signs of my 'bot dillydallying arond, he seems to have found a rock he likes. Likes a lot. Funny, he sure takes to rocks, that one. I've had 'bots taking a shine to door jams, furniture, vegetation, this is the first one I've had that's in love with every rock on the planet..
    Ah well, he's good in a fight, I can live with it. I just have to get better at 'bot making, I guess.

A flash of sunlight reflected in the distance makes me jump but a quick scan that way reveals no living beings.
    Offense being the best defense I head along the path until I'm covered by a small hill, then turn and head in.
    Shortly, I come to what appears to be a rubbish heap, discarded bits and pieces, including bleached bones.. humanoid bones.. nice, just the thing I need to see, this really calms me down..
    Carefully skirting the small mount and see a run-down building - with a wrench on the roof??
    I consider the rubbish heap again, sure it contains what seems to be discards from a workshop.. but.. also the remains of boxes.. I see the name of several well-known liquor companies, what looks like pie cartons and beer cases..
    By the discards, it's a combination bar/workshop..

A bar? Here? In the middle of absolutely nowhere?
    Ok, don't look a gift bronto in the mouth (they have horribly bad breath) and all that, it's hot and dusty and I'm tired and thirsty. Some coffee and a sandwich will hit the spot and nobody better get in my way.. I'm now on a quest!
    I get up and go around the building in search of a door. Ah, there it is, complete with a huge slayer guarding it.
    No way but my way, I go in - the slayer obviously scans me and then my 'bot. Cool, security, I like that.
    The door creaks when I push it open, I hurry in and shut it again behind my 'bot to not let too much heat get in. There's dust everywhere.. and scarcely any patrons, which suits my mood to a T. I go to a table in a corner, pick a chair with my back to the wall and look the place over a bit more thoroughly.
    Me? Trouble? No trouble..

As Mae West said: "Never resist temptation, you don't know if you'll get another chance."

*walks in, shakes the sand out of his suit, surveys the crowd, and takes a seat in a corner where he sees all and can take care of the occupants of his briefcase*
    Sincerely,

Don Victor 'Iwillbreakit' Taccariello

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456