Thread: Are some of these new 'fixes' really necessary?

Are some of these new 'fixes' really necessary?

Hello all,
    I'm a relatively new player, so I will admit that it may be difficult for me to see the larger picture. I'm just concerned about the changes that are slated for the next patch.
    I have made several characters in the month that I have played. My primary character is a level 41 Fixer and the next highest level character is a 25th level Meta-physician. Guess which one has the larger damage output? If you guessed Meta-physician then you win the prize.
    Both these characters have been over equipped to a degree, but certainly haven't been twinked. Pet classes don't need more love.

Fix the Fixer by lowering nano skill costs. This would make Fixer nanos usuable without large amounts of buffing, and would give a breath of air to a suffocating class.

Thank you,

A paying customer

Pet classes need one more major fix

I disagree. My main is an adventurer 84 (not very high), but I'm playing my MP more these days.

Missions + pets don't mix. The brown dungeons are death to pet classes. Especially the dungeon type with the green slime. Office dungeons - rooms with tables and the little circle generator machine are impassible to MP pets.

Tim

Re: Are some of these new 'fixes' really necessary?

the larger damage output

I believe the original poster meant er, damage output, rather than pet pathing but yes, pet pathing is horrible. I think I shall go off to start an MP now too. Good day

Pet class love versus fixing stuff that's plain broken.

I think there is a very real difference between fixing some essential things (like pet pathing) and giving more 'love' to a class. Are more pets really nessessary without fixing pet pathing?

My class is plain broke. I can equip armor 20 quality levels higher than my fixer's character level, including some tank armor and battle suits, but I cant use class-based nanos that are 20 levels -under- the character level. I'm not asking for MG/SMG Mastery and Machine Gunner's Bliss, but it would be cool to Grid Phreak before I hit level 60.

If you can't phreak thats not funcoms fault. I can phreak, reckless and team grid with only self buffs at 56.

I for one am glad they are at least going to try to fix the healer pet problems. Pathing would be nice, but I've gotten used to coaxing a pet around tables, so that's not nearly as important to me as having a healing pet that will actually do what I tell it to do. Nothing pisses me off more than being in the middle of a zone and having my healing pet ignore me until I run to a zone line and back. My healing pet was origianlly named "Buddy", but has since changed had his name changed to "isuck"

-D