Thread: DOT that works on Nano

DOT that works on Nano

I play a soldier, and i may have wrong on this.

Correct me if i´m wrong but shouldnt you guys put in an nano for NT´s that put DOTs on Nano, DOT´s that take away nano, i know they have HE the one that gives.

Just curious. MAybey they have it already, just havent heard about it.

Nah, they gave that to the traders. NT's have HE which seems to work well IMHO.

If you're asking if a profession can drain nanopoints from another player in PvP, yes. Traders can do that. But don't worry, it's so ineffectual most traders that actually do it only do to insult you.

Only an AFK player with his agg/def at full def facing a trader with their agg/def at full def has a chance of getting completely drained
    History admires the wise, but it elevates the brave. - Edmund Morris

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

MA special attack Shen has a minor nano drain on the target. It used to be quite big (10 ticks, 800 drain per tick) but that has been changed.
    /DaveDread (D.A.V.E.D.R.E.A.D.: Digital Artificial Violence and Exploration Device/Replicant Engineered for Assassination and Destruction mohahaha)

200 Opifex Clanner Gimp - Dinged in Style! (dimached a Virulent Minibull) Finally got my head straight, nothing like a goat helmet to get you in shape again. Oh, and those marks on my forehead (yah, still visible through the helmet, duh)... It was a Motorcycle baby. Really. Ran me over in West Athens while I was working on my tan. Think I look bad? You should see the biker.

HE

The top levels of HE (superior, boundless, and Personal Notum Harvester) recharge nano for 131, 191, and 255 nano every 15 secs.

Nukes in the same level range use from 150 (AE nukes) to 300+ nano every 1-3 secs.

So, anyone who is doing continual nanoprogram running (NT, doc, trader, etc..) knows that it is rare for a fight to end that you don't sit down and use a nano recharge from a kit. (Thus, you burn up a 50 charge kit before you complete a single team mission ... and usually two of them ). All the HE does is give you a reason not to use a full charge on those last 300-500 nano that would take you to max and hope that you get a couple boosts from HE as you run to the next mob.

If there were a nano drain that hit for 150-300 nano every several sec. it would be very effective ( as each 'hit' would be one less nuke the NT or heal the Doc could do ). However, the NT can be killed in most cases before even getting close to running out of nano, it seems pointless.

Jaesic
    144 NT (RK2)

crats also have nano drains. They are a demotivational speech. The top level one hits every 20 seconds and drains roughly 230 nano. Oh, i almost forgot, it also breaks conceal.

!

Seems very strange to me that NT´s that is masters of NANO, aint given a nano dot debuff.

Re: !

Originally posted by Thoriak
    Seems very strange to me that NT´s that is masters of NANO, aint given a nano dot debuff.
    NTs are allegedly supposed to be the masters of nanoDAMAGE. Not every nanoformula in the game. Not everything that has to do with nanoformulas.

Hell, sometimes I wonder if they got lucky with nanoprogramming as a green skill. It reeks of a decision made because it would be in theme. But then, how much do implants have in common with nanos?
    History admires the wise, but it elevates the brave. - Edmund Morris

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

Re: Re: !

Originally posted by Kuroshio

NTs are allegedly supposed to be the masters of nanoDAMAGE. Not every nanoformula in the game. Not everything that has to do with nanoformulas.

Hell, sometimes I wonder if they got lucky with nanoprogramming as a green skill. It reeks of a decision made because it would be in theme. But then, how much do implants have in common with nanos?
    Good point, especially since the MPs also have the buff for that in addition to everything else NTs do :/

And you're also right, we're supposed to be the masters of nano-damage (not every nanowhatever)... but are actually third best when you calculate nukes for damage over time. We do, technically, have the highest damage nukes in the game... but those nukes are almost never used due to the ridiculous amount of time they take.

So... since it doesn't look like NTs are ever really going to be the masters of damage by nukes... there's no reason why we shouldn't get someone else... it certainly makes more sense for an NT to be able to affect someone elses nano pool negatively when we're the one who can affect it positively already... than for someone like crats to convince the nano through a speech...

(Not that I'm saying nerf the crat, btw, this idea of balancing things by reducing the higher profession instead of coming up with something new and useful to the weaker profession is a pathetic system that most mature MUD imps outgrew years ago and has obviously not been figured out by these paid professionals yet.)

---------------------
    Jaesic
    144 NT (RK2)