Thread: The Biggest Real Estate Scam of the Century?

The Biggest Real Estate Scam of the Century?

Does anyone not smell a rat here? I mean, suddenly, out of the blue the ICC and Omni-Tek come out and say “out of the goodness of our corporate hearts, we are going to sell you, the public, some prime Rubi-Ka real estate” and before the ink on the purchase contract is even dry, space aliens attack, making in one fell blow the value of said land tumble! I mean, who in their right mind would by a plot of land in a war zone?

So you got to think, are these two things, the land sale and the space alien attack connected? Is it just a coincidence that the land was put on sale just hours before the space aliens attack or could it be that both ICC and Omni-Tek knew about the incumbent invasion and figured they better cash in on the land now before it was too late? Would that not make this the biggest real estate scam of the century?

And where is Omni-Tek Armed Forces and Air Force when the space aliens attack? I was born neutral so I am used to looking after myself, but whatever happened to “Omni-Tek protects”?

A disgruntled citizen,

Dabblez

Director of Rubi-Ka Universal Robots
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Well in his planetary speach Philipe Ross has admited that Omni-Tek Corporation knew the Aliens were comming a while back.

Of course all things about this are meare speculation until proven.
    Last edited by Gennai; Sep 13th, 2004 at 15:13:24.
    Miss Kaysha Hamada - 220.16 Shade
    >>> Eternal Fury <<<

I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself.
    A bird will fall down frozen dead from a branch
    without ever having felt sorry for itself.

Looking for a MoR/Gelid/FBR/Other IS Stuff? RaidsRUs is your answer!

Looking for good music to listen while playing Anarchy Online? Look no further

Nevver flips to the "L" section of a law book...

Land snatching, land snatching... "see 'snatch.'"

Nevver flips to the "S" section...

Here it is - Thomas Moscardelli vs. ICC... Moscardelli 7, ICC 0.

You see - it CAN be done! Muhahahahaaaa!
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

I hear you Ms. Dabblez. In fact I am installing more speed cameras on the southern part of Rubi-Ka to increase security. It should have direct effect on the land value too.
    Engineer General Virta, Omni-Pol. Not in active service.

Roleplaying Profile of Jimi "Virta" Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by Virta
    I hear you Ms. Dabblez. In fact I am installing more speed cameras on the southern part of Rubi-Ka to increase security. It should have direct effect on the land value too.
    Thank you officer, that would be most appreciated. At last we are fighting back.. with speed cameras!

Dabblez

Quote Originally Posted by Savoy
    Thank you officer, that would be most appreciated. At last we are fighting back.. with speed cameras!

Dabblez
    They are actually just empty boxes, but the aliens dont know that! My only model, and a very nearly working one, got vandalised and is being repaired. I should have put a sign up to forbid that from happening, so it was my fault really. They are very, very expensive.

Trouble is I am also being buried under the paperwork. It seems that not all aliens carry the necessary immigration papers and ICC is refusing my requests for help.

They are actually just empty boxes, but the aliens dont know that!
    (( Lol!))

My only model, and a very nearly working one, got vandalised and is being repaired. I should have put a sign up to forbid that from happening, so it was my fault really.
    ((Hee hee!))

Sadly, it wouldn't have helped. Clanners have no respect for the decency of Omni-Tek signs as clearly shown here.
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»

Also known as...
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

I fail to see how increased surveillance will work towards increasing security. As for the land value, I'd not pay a dead rat for land with spy-cams on it.

The real question indeed is who scammed whom here, as apart from OT there's also the ICC into this deal, an organization with a reputation on worsening the situation on this planet with every new decision.
    Corrine Daimoness Wright
    - Veteran of Apocalypse
    - General of the Mercury Dragons (ret.)
    - Member of the Grumpy Old Crat Bunch

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Nevver
    ((Hee hee!))

Sadly, it wouldn't have helped. Clanners have no respect for the decency of Omni-Tek signs as clearly shown here.
    That is horrible Nevver!

I will analyse the paint used in both these awful, AWFUL occasions and perhaps it will give me some leads.

By the way Daimoness, funny that you mention spy cameras! I have indeed thought my camera could be used to detect spies too! I will try to add that circuitry into the new model.

*marvels at the obvious lack of intelligence skills on Omni-Pol's part*

Just look at the photographic evidence, Capt. Virta.....just look at it......
    Not that I think the person on it cares much whether you get a lead or not....

*edited to correct rank on Virta*
    Anthony "Cogs" McDuff
    Veteran, Cerberus
    220 Supreme Creator : Master of Wheels...the lingerie modeling robot!

Quote Originally Posted by Cogs
    *marvels at the obvious lack of intelligence skills on Omni-Pol's part*

Just look at the photographic evidence, Capt. Virta.....just look at it......
    Not that I think the person on it cares much whether you get a lead or not....

*edited to correct rank on Virta*
    Thank you for the advice Sir, but things are more complicated.

Whoever ruined my speed camera, I dont know, since you see, it was a prototype and did not really take any pictures yet. I am working hard to get that part working, but with the illegal aliens and everything I am very very busy. It is not approved concept yet either (it will be soon!), so I am paying for it from my own pocket.

So I will take that picture of Mr Foxferal and analyse the colour of the paint in the picture, check it with the paint on my speed camera and that would be my lead!

((sorry this is getting more and more off topic. ))
    Last edited by Virta; Sep 15th, 2004 at 22:32:02.

I think that Omni-Tek should be finding leads on whoever wrote the original graffiti.

The writing was stenciled on private property, which surely falls under "destruction of property," a misdameanor in the Omni-Tek law books, unless I am greatly mistaken.

I can predict what you'll say next, omni.

Quote Originally Posted by quarkzee
    I think that Omni-Tek should be finding leads on whoever wrote the original graffiti.

The writing was stenciled on private property, which surely falls under "destruction of property," a misdameanor in the Omni-Tek law books, unless I am greatly mistaken.

I can predict what you'll say next, omni.
    I have an idea - why don't you go tell the CoT what you think, Clanner. Until you fill out an application, your thoughts are irrelevant to Omni-Tek.
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»

Also known as...
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner