Thread: A second look at Tin-Foil hats.

A second look at Tin-Foil hats.

Reporter Zeges

(OTPC) -- After careful review, it appears that tin-foil hats may not be the miraculous safeguard once believed.

This announcement comes just days after a report was issued exploring the virtues of wearing the hats.

It was thought that the tin foil reflects, absorbs, or otherwise neutralizes various frequencies put out by the Aliens to subvert our minds. The idea that Aliens can directly tap into someone's mind is a horrifying thought, so it is easy to see why the thought of a simple defense mechanism would be so well accepted and comforting. But that comfort should not be at the expense of caution.

As the days go on, it seems that more and more people are growing skeptical of the hats. And some dismiss them outright.

"It would shock me if such a simple item could block such an advanced thing," explains Mahoromatic, General of Retribution (HH) and one of the concerned citizens I caught up with.

Others share her viewpoint.

"As far as I know, it's a hoax," remarks Pixiekicks, a Unit Commander of Black Star =UO=. "You're more likely to get your head caught in a microwave with that hat then it protecting you from aliens."

But perhaps the most compelling evidence against the hats is the fact that during my search, I could not find a single person who could tell me of even one instance in which a tin-foil hat had any effect against the aliens. Several people told me what the hats were rumored to do, yet nobody could provide proof.

For now it appears that the myth of the tin-foil hats is just that, an old myth with no merit.

/me wonders how many loyal employees gotten butchered becouse of previus statement

If history of OT teaches us something, it's the fact that OT to ready forget/rewrite history. First article on Tin-Foil Hats was introduced through views of science (history in this case, but whole article was writen in form of scientific presentation). Now mr.Zeges talks about myth. gain we see no apollogy for missleading information or any other indication first post on this matter might really be mistake.

Even this article isn't exactly "kosher". What is official OT response to it? Why are individuals reffereed to in plural? Was Tin in any form issued to OT employees, so reporter could question several of them on it's effect? With most of OT science departments focused on Aliens, how come all interviews are made with people on the street?

/me trows paper in Omni-Tek Trash Can wonderng why I keep blowing credits on this tabloid
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

I've noticed the media for everyone has been lacking during this alien crisis

Or could it be that OT wants to corner the tinfoil market before going public with its discovery?

It would not be the first instance of OT financial speculation on the back of the space alien invasion. I a mean, does it not seem funny to you OT decides to sell this land just before the aliens attacks (thus affect no doubt the buying price of this property, after all who would choose to buy land in a war zone?). YOu think they did not know they were coming?

Maybe it was a hoax, but I would still pack my tin foil hat in my bag at least until further research has been done.

Dabblez
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Quote Originally Posted by Editor: OTPC
    Reporter Zeges

[b](OTPC)
    "It would shock me if such a simple item could block such an advanced thing," explains Mahoromatic, General of Retribution (HH) and one of the concerned citizens I caught up with.

[i.
    Did one of my Guildies just talk to an Omni scum propaganda paper? Oh boy.... Please stay far away from us you horrible writers.
    Whine more plz I feed on your tears

Ethernal- "Friends don't let friends infonet drunk"

My internet is waaaay faster than yours so you can suck my fiberoptic!

Report:82C
    General Nick Noodle a.k.a Naefen
    Regards: A critical view on reporter perspectives.
    Recipient/s:Public

Fellow citisens of Rubi Ka.
    OTPC have for a long time brought us news and stories describing the life we all live on this planet. I have spent many a hour sloping on a bench with an issue at hand. Sadly I have come to the conclusion that my favourite "time-sink" is slowly detoriating into pure rubbish. Are there no field-reporters left? I long for a reporter who will stand alongside the people of this planet in every situation imaginable. It is the only way reporting should be done. Am I right in my presumptions that you all have retreated to your desks permanently?

And for this foolish tin-foil report. First of all, if the humans back on earth had used it against the aliens all those years ago then dont you think the aliens would have found a way around it by now??
    Im not saying it worked back then either because I simply believe it must have been some sort of comic solution and nothing but that.
    But it do bring up another serious question. Do ANY of the means old earthlings used against aliens work today? If ,at all, there were truth to any of the sightings back on earth.

Im hoping every day for a serious first-hand report from the OTPC I have loved for so long.
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

I just have to snicker when I read it. It's so damn funny. I use this when everything is going bad and nothing goes the way it should. Then I get a great laugh at Omtron's expense (then again, when doesn't that happen).
    -----------------------------------
    The few, the proud...the Traders.

Maartens - 220 Mogul and former gadfly of Rimor. Now I'm just a major n00b.

In defeat, malice. In victory, revenge!

I dont care if tinfoil hats work or not, where can I get one?
    Engineer General Virta, Omni-Pol. Not in active service.

Roleplaying Profile of Jimi "Virta" Hendrix

I'm sure you can fashion one from the packing material of your dinner. The leftover animal fats will help it stick to your head better. You know, the more I read the journalistic misadventures that constantly stream from the OTPC, I have to wonder about your education system there. Phew. Man, I'm glad I went somewhere else for my engineering degrees. I think the grains I ate for breakfast came packaged in a box that had an offer for a diploma to some "university". Perhaps that's where these journalists (and boy, do I use the term loosely) got their educational credentials from.
    The few, the proud...the Traders.

Maartens - 220 Mogul and former gadfly of Rimor. Now I'm just a major n00b.

In defeat, malice. In victory, revenge!

I cannot believe that this is considered "news" within a mega-corporation spanning countless planets. OTPC has set aside this special time to humiliate themselves in public. I have suspected for quite some time that OTPC has turned away from serious news reporting to satiric commentaries. So far they have not given themselves away so bluntly.

I look forward to more publications. There's not much to laugh about these days.
    Corrine Daimoness Wright
    - Veteran of Apocalypse
    - General of the Mercury Dragons (ret.)
    - Member of the Grumpy Old Crat Bunch

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Daimoness
    I cannot believe that this is considered "news" within a mega-corporation spanning countless planets. OTPC has set aside this special time to humiliate themselves in public. I have suspected for quite some time that OTPC has turned away from serious news reporting to satiric commentaries. So far they have not given themselves away so bluntly.

I look forward to more publications. There's not much to laugh about these days.
    I wouldn't be surprised if this is some clan propaganda hacked into the comm channels at OT. Really we all know its lead hats that block alien signals.
    Meldaeyn
    220 Omni Meta-Physicist on Rimor
    As long as the enemies of the corporation still draw breath, there can be no peace.