Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mob's AC's Doubled?

I thought this issue was caused by humanoid mobs being affected by the new PvP rules (for some strange reason) and since damage is halved before AC is taken into effect, and some mobs having higher ACs than others...you do min damage. Another indication of this is that pets hit normally and they aren't affected by the PvP rules...ie do/take 100% damage not 50%.

Did some stats

OK, I saw someone write down what had happened to him fighitng in a mission, and I thought I would do the same thing. I found out some really strange stuff doing that, so I thought I would show it to you.
    Ok, three different missions, Humanoid NPC enemies. First, to compare, Im a lvl49 Doc with MA, the weapon choice that feels this the most so... First, some normal monsters for comparisson:

Breed: Damage:

Light Orange Scooplet: 42-84
    Green Probe: 72-84

Ok, humanoids:

Grey Marauder 40-58
    Grey Gridcourier 38 (minimum)
    Grey Assembler 38 (minimum)

Green Sharpshooter 38
    Light green Outlaw 38
    Yellow Martial Artist 39-58
    Yellow Hitman 38
    Yellow Trader 38

Slightly over yellow Fixer 38
    Light orange Trader 41-70
    Light orange Nanoshifter 35-82

And the one surprising me the most:

Green thief: Stuck in wall: 40-107
    Free and firing: 38

Can you see some strange things here..? Grey and green minimum, orange normal? If free and in combat minimum, but if stuck in the wall normal damage? Martial Artist normal damage?!

Oh, and the nanoshifter, light orange did some cool stuff as well: He was 70% normal damge with a streak in the middle 30% minimum.

This was a mix of three dungeons, so no, normal damage is not from the same dungeon, it is three different. Minimum is also mixed between them.

Hopes someone understands what is going on, I just find this.. strange.

Human Uber NPCs

The damage is not quite halfed. I wish I could find an exact pattern, but I can't.
    My Doc (who uses MA) just does minimum damage against certain human mobs.
    My agent (Lvl 72) got his rear end handed to him yesterday by a single Seasoned Poacher and Hardened Sharper, those 2 are just *uber* - and no they weren't orange, They were about my level - yellowish anyway - *and* I was being healed constantly - still didn't make it (I'm well equipped and implanted, too). This just doesn't seem right. I did an average 150 damage per shot, they did > 200. Since MoBs have by far more HPs than my little self - go figure.
    By the way this was in a mission set to 50% - plenty greys, some greens and those yellowish uber-mobs.
    Something needs to be done about this and *fast* - this is extremely frustrating.

Exclamation Disadvantage

Well, three more missions today, the same thing again.. One thing I was thinking about though...

Spells are not minimum. My special MA move is random between min and max.. pets hit normal damage.. Anything not normal attack is normal damage. So there is really a situation here with some having it as always and some most physical classes having a serious disadvantage. And that is in normal gametime.

I do not think the whole community feels like rerolling a magicuser or an engineer just to do normal damage again so... Could normal weapons please get back to usual?

Re: Mob's AC's Doubled?

Originally posted by Sinclare
    I only got to test the new patch for an hour or so last night but here is my major gripe.

Post v13 I could solo yellow/oranges and do an average dmg of 60-150 dmg per hit (I am a lv 47 adv dual wielding ql 66 OT swords).

After patch : Any yellow/orange mobs (and many green mobs) I NEVER hit for more than min dmg...which is around 35 dmg per hit.

Don't get me wrong I do think yellow's/orange's should be hard but min dmg on every hit? Not to mention the fact that they are hitting me for arond 1.5x to 2x what they used to. If it wasn't for my inate healing abilities I wouldn't be able to take on a singe green, not to mention a room full of 2-4 yellow/orange mobs in the first room of missions (and that's even missions). I believe this was taken to a bit of an extreme or is some kind of bug in the code (perhaps the pvp cap is somehow bugging the pvm play)

You know how long it takes to beat down a lv 55 mob at 35 dmg per hit? A Looooooooong time. I don't see how non-combat classes are doing it. I am just glad to be well balanced at the moment between combat and healing but this needs to be looked into.
    Careful what you ask for.... They might decide that you want the fact that you're apparently well balanced looked into. They might decide that's a bug and 'fix' it. :P

Theanna

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123