Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: <- Make EFP political ->

<- Make EFP political ->

Bump if you want Eastern Fouls plains a politcal zone, or even a mayhem.
    Many i talked to have whished this, so we give it a try here:

I want EFP to be Political or Mayhem, either way im happy.

*BUMP*
    NT phone HOME!!

Care to elaborate?

Why?
    Xandro, neutral bureaucract

Personally I dont care either way, BUT is this so that you can kill all the clanners/OT now hunting the "safe" medusa's in EPF?

Maybe they bumped the spawn there to satisfy the care-bears.

If there is another reason for this I would like to hear it.

PVP on RK2 is essentially dead, so I am all for more political/mayhem zones.
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Sounds like you just want to have the Medusas all to yourself, or make it an area of constant PvP battles to dominate the spawn.

Honestly, I like it the way it is.

Originally posted by Lorekeep
    Sounds like you just want to have the Medusas all to yourself, or make it an area of constant PvP battles to dominate the spawn.

Honestly, I like it the way it is.
    A PvP battle that has meaning. Yea Funcom doen't appear smart enough to do that so you'll get your wish.

Good idea. Spawn in EFP is sloooooooow and boring anyway. Fights are bound to break out between clans and omni trying to level and it would be much nicer to settle it with a quick fight.

Originally posted by Esmee
    Good idea. Spawn in EFP is sloooooooow and boring anyway. Fights are bound to break out between clans and omni trying to level and it would be much nicer to settle it with a quick fight.
    I dont know what island you are on, but spawn is massively increased in EFP. It is "the spot" for medusa hunters! I personally was a DAV fan, but now everyone... EVERYONE... goes to EFP. NO agro mobs, no pvp zone. I think they did it to keep the non pvpers happy.

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

they did this so that omni's can level with no risk of being killed except by meds, if ur a clan team and hunt there u are out numbered and will be trianed by omni's which equa;ls death. This place is a god send to omnis they are leveling at insane rates.

My experience out there clanners and people being too low levels (trying to get massive xp) ruins the spot mostly.

Clanners killstealing and training is getting rather annoying. Yes. I know some Omnis do it too, but somehow clanners made a sport of it or I have been very "lucky" out there.

People shouldn't really care about medusas before they are lvl 80 or lvl 85. A level 80 doc would really only get the team killed if you don't have a really good team. Would be nice if people considered this before going there and ruining groups.

Well, I normally only group with my guild now. So I don't care too much.
    ~Lone

instead of making it a mayhem zone, how about actually making Medusas tough? A lv 80 group should not be able to take a lv200 mob. And I'm not just talking more health and harder hits, Medusa should have some special abilities based on class. Obviously, they are an evolved life form- why do they still act like leets? Hitting with their fists should be "below them". Maybe some Area effect super-nukes for some of them, ranged attacks for others, etc.
    I for one am tired of every mob being the same. Makes the game the same at lv 100 as it is at lv 1.
    Lv1- Hit mob a while, mobs hits you, mob eventually dies.
    lv100-Hit mob a while, mobs hits you, mob eventually dies.

-D

and I know most of you are thinking "NO! Don't ruin my super-XP area"
    But keep in mind... what are you lv 90 medusa hunters going to do 10 levels from now?
    Hunt more medusas
    What about 50 levels from now?
    Hunt more medusas
    At lvl 190?
    Hunt more medusas

Doesn't this strike you as getting a bit tedious? How many times can you kill a medusa before it gets old? And people think token farming is tedious....

-D

Does anyone remember when Medusas were "mysterious"? When it seemed like you'd have to be lvl150+ before you tangled with them? When Funcom seemed to hint that they played a much greater role in the story than just cannon fodder? Now we all know they are just another reet in a different model with more hitpoints and more damage.

Originally posted by Dropcid
    and I know most of you are thinking "NO! Don't ruin my super-XP area"
    But keep in mind... what are you lv 90 medusa hunters going to do 10 levels from now?
    Hunt more medusas
    What about 50 levels from now?
    Hunt more medusas
    At lvl 190?
    Hunt more medusas

Well, this being picky, but I think that medusas go grey around level 180

Seriously though. People have fun getting mindless xp there where the only real risk of death is adds and the occasional mantis. I actually don't hunt there anymore, preferring instead to restart a new character. However, if people enjoy it, let it be. Call 'em carebears if you want... they form the majority of the paying customer base, and they want monsters that are red to them that a decent team can take down.

All I can say to people that get bored doing the same thing at insanely high levels... Try doing something else or starting a new character... There will be 13 other classes, and it'll be fun

They should make a Sandworm spawn in that area. Anyone ever kill a Sandworm? Maybe a group of lvl 200s? I went the EFP once to hun Medusas. Great XP, but too many people and too tedious. At lvl 103, I much prefer the borgs at Mort. They're challenging, and with the right group, they're a lot quicker to kill than Medusas. They just hit a lot harder.

So I guess Funcom wants Clanners to kill the Evil Cyborgs while OMNIs kill the innocent, non-aggro Medusas. Well, I guess OMNI is the "evil" Corporation. I think they should make all areas Political past a certain level, maybe 200.

Originally posted by Talys

Seriously though. People have fun getting mindless xp there where the only real risk of death is adds and the occasional mantis. I actually don't hunt there anymore, preferring instead to restart a new character. However, if people enjoy it, let it be. Call 'em carebears if you want... they form the majority of the paying customer base, and they want monsters that are red to them that a decent team can take down.

All I can say to people that get bored doing the same thing at insanely high levels... Try doing something else or starting a new character... There will be 13 other classes, and it'll be fun
    What I'm saying is that the high level game would not be so boring if high levels could do something special. It seems to me that LV150 PCs just do the same thing as lv90 PCs.

Why not add add some abilities to these super-mobs that would make them harder to kill at lower levels? It seems to me that fighting a medusa as lv90 is just like fighting a hammer breeder at lv14. Only difference is, you have to walk farther, and the mob looks different. The medusa cities lead me to believe that these mobs are highly intelligent... why do they fight like a mindless hammer breeder except that they thwack harder...? Give them a real reason to be feared.
    Given the over-camping of these areas, I would think at the very least that Medusas would stop trusting all humanoid creatures. At the very least, they should be aggro by now.

-D

Originally posted by Dropcid
    instead of making it a mayhem zone, how about actually making Medusas tough? A lv 80 group should not be able to take a lv200 mob. And I'm not just talking more health and harder hits, Medusa should have some special abilities based on class. Obviously, they are an evolved life form- why do they still act like leets? Hitting with their fists should be "below them". Maybe some Area effect super-nukes for some of them, ranged attacks for others, etc.
    I for one am tired of every mob being the same. Makes the game the same at lv 100 as it is at lv 1.
    Lv1- Hit mob a while, mobs hits you, mob eventually dies.
    lv100-Hit mob a while, mobs hits you, mob eventually dies.

-D
    I agree about the difficulty of Medusas - they give way too much XP relative to borgs in Mort. Medusa Elite Soldier Elders (whatever they are) give more xp than borg brigs, but a level 80 team can still kill one (not so with a brig). One thing that would be cool is a more active social system, don't know why a mob has to randomly wander into the area (from well within shout range) to add on a fight.

--Xente
    http://www.ao-meta.com

Originally posted by besheba
    they did this so that omni's can level with no risk of being killed except by meds, if ur a clan team and hunt there u are out numbered and will be trianed by omni's which equa;ls death. This place is a god send to omnis they are leveling at insane rates.
    1) on RK2 there are abou 50% omni, 50% clan (dunno about rk1)

2) training is considered grief play, I would as an ark to observe this if it happened to me *warning * *warning* *warning* *suspention* *warning* *suspention* *warning* *ban*

I am very patient you see.

I assume you people are talking about RK1.

on another note. If you have a fixer with you you can live through any train *6 second grid*

It is not done for omni's it is done for non-pvpers on both sides.

ROFLOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast