Thread: Why 14 threads?

Why 14 threads?

Most important here are the missing changes, especially during a month when you are trying to when back players that have left! This list includes:
    • Chests cannot be opened in missions. What an easy way to make those former players think the game has gotten worse.
    • Robot pathing in missions. I believe they actually do "path" much better. Unfortunately this improvement is completely negated by the fact that they can't get through the doors any more!
    • You really need to give back the ability to get distant missions that produce higher rewards (credits in particular). The easiest way would be a distance slider on the mission terminal (well logically easiest, but probably not programming wise). To returning players this makes the missions seem to be broken since they left, which in this case is true.
    These seem to be truely urgent issues if you want to win players back!

That said, here's one players take on the release notes:
    • If the reclaim terminal in Andromeda is the one I'm thinking of, thank you from the bottom of my heart! It did no good to have that lovely insurance terminal there if we had to resurrect and then wait to sit-heal enough so we could run to Clon**** to get our kits and stuff!
    • Why introduce the modification ability to the pioneer backpack if it seems to have a major bug (loose all its contents)? Do you hate your support staff?
    • Kinda hard to "discuss" the new engineer bot since we don't know what it does, but I suppose there must be a reason behind the mystery and surprises can be fun.
    • Thanks for the /pet terminate change. Good choice.
    RoboKa & RoboKaKa
    Solitus Neutral Engineer & Pet

for the bot

Just Go on test server and look...
    I can say you it s a tradeskill and not a summoned one

Malicea

Re: Why 14 threads?

What's your breaking and entering skill? I believe Funcom has finally "fixed" the code so that it actually requires skill to pick locks..

It has never taken me more than 3 tries (and that's only been a couple of chests) to still open chests. I also have had more traps blow up on me after attempting to disarm and failing. I have a higher B&E and disarm skills than many players.

Seems a bit more realistic to me now that everyone isn't just popping out the lockpick and automatically opening a chest. What's the point of locking them if everyone can open them anway?

Originally posted by RoboKa
    Most important here are the missing changes, especially during a month when you are trying to when back players that have left! This list includes:
    • Chests cannot be opened in missions. What an easy way to make those former players think the game has gotten worse.
    • Robot pathing in missions. I believe they actually do "path" much better. Unfortunately this improvement is completely negated by the fact that they can't get through the doors any more!
    • You really need to give back the ability to get distant missions that produce higher rewards (credits in particular). The easiest way would be a distance slider on the mission terminal (well logically easiest, but probably not programming wise). To returning players this makes the missions seem to be broken since they left, which in this case is true.
    These seem to be truely urgent issues if you want to win players back!

That said, here's one players take on the release notes:
    • If the reclaim terminal in Andromeda is the one I'm thinking of, thank you from the bottom of my heart! It did no good to have that lovely insurance terminal there if we had to resurrect and then wait to sit-heal enough so we could run to Clon**** to get our kits and stuff!
    • Why introduce the modification ability to the pioneer backpack if it seems to have a major bug (loose all its contents)? Do you hate your support staff?
    • Kinda hard to "discuss" the new engineer bot since we don't know what it does, but I suppose there must be a reason behind the mystery and surprises can be fun.
    • Thanks for the /pet terminate change. Good choice.

Re: Why 14 threads?

Originally posted by RoboKa
    Kinda hard to "discuss" the new engineer bot since we don't know what it does, but I suppose there must be a reason behind the mystery and surprises can be fun.
    I think the name would make it's use self-evident.

Kamikaze Robot
    Kamikaze was the name given to pilots in WW2 that basically filled their planes with explosives and dove into ships. A suicide bomber, if you will.

If you can't figure out what a Kamikaze Robot is, I'm not gonna tell you.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, you say? Very well, get out your pens, essay writers, and prepare to have your logic tested by steel!

I think jws is exactly right but there should be even a "slight" chance of opening a chest with lower skill, I mean, I can pick a chest 200 times with my skill of about 20 or 30 and it will never open.