Thread: Not being able to use kits in team missions, even after using the elevator

Not being able to use kits in team missions, even after using the elevator

Here I am, fighting on the second floor and I get overwhelmed, so I take the elevator back to the first floor but I still cant use treatment/nano kits, it says that you cannot use them while in a fight but the mobs are on another floor.
    Suupaslap Master 10th Dan--Rk2
    Smugglerguy Ickle baby fixer--Rk2

you are still, technically, in the same area. If someone goes up, while you're sitting there, they might see the mobs running at a wall, trying to reach you.

But in teammissions, you are in a team. Have another teammember go up, take aggro, and then you may heal again.

I and another was doing teammisisons, and in the bossroom, we ended up doing a tag-team-thingy.

i.e.: I go up, bash until I need to heal, go down.
    He goes up while I heal, As soon as I'm fully heales, I go up again, which was about the same time as he needed to go down and heal. (no, none of us were a healer-class). It worked just about fine.

It is annoying, yes, but to change that, I think they have to make us zone for each lvl, and that means more loading graphics, people going linkdead while zoning and teammissions would take longer time......WAIT! DAMNIT! FunCom: do not read this! This is not an acceptable way to force us using longer time to reach high lvl! Do not use! *attempts a jedi mind-trick on FunCom* "you did not read this"

This is a serious bug ihmo.

Not only does it prevent you from healing/recharging, but team members who have gone LD / crashed cannot rejoin the team as they "are in a fight".

This caused 50% of the time spent in a teammission yesterday to be troubleshooting, trying to figure out who was in a fight, moivng away and coming back, relogging, reforming team...

What it boils down to is this :

When someone moves to another level in a dungeon, all fights with that player should terminate.
    Seid. Clan Nano Technician, Atlantean
    Proud member of Opposing Force ( Website )
    Seid's Hideout : Home of the Friends List Tool
    I would like to see a mail system in AO, for letters, money and goods, and with mail order !

Question

I don't know...

Sure it would be a nice convenience to be able to just transport back up and heal. But is this a "bug"? I am not so sure. Is it impossible to heal after transportingback up? No!

All you have to do is move far enough away from the transporter to be out of "fight range". You can then sit and heal. I do it all the time. It's similar (exact same thing maybe) to rooting a mob on the same floor and then moving out of its range and healing.

If you don't feel like doing that - well then just keep trying to heal! Eventually (meaning usually just a few seconds) one of your teammates should get the attack. At the moment you can heal, even right at the transporter.

As I say, it would be a nice convenience to have the fight "terminate" upon entering the transporter. But this isn't a hard-and-fast "you cannot heal on the previous level" thing at all; even though it is being presented as such in this thread. I certainly would not agree it is a serious bug.

Strategy!

Cheers,
    Martek

Originally posted by Seid
    This is a serious bug ihmo.

Not only does it prevent you from healing/recharging, but team members who have gone LD / crashed cannot rejoin the team as they "are in a fight".

This caused 50% of the time spent in a teammission yesterday to be troubleshooting, trying to figure out who was in a fight, moivng away and coming back, relogging, reforming team...

What it boils down to is this :

When someone moves to another level in a dungeon, all fights with that player should terminate.

Moving away from the "fight area" rarely works...

Once I ran all around the entire level under the boss level and I was still in a fight.

That leaves the "strategy" for the whole team to run all the way down to the exit and reenter...
    I would like to see a mail system in AO, for letters, money and goods, and with mail order !

Cool

For me it "usually" works, while your experience is that it "rarely" works.

I acknowledge you are much higher level (my highest is level 79), so that may have something to with it. But what? Hmmmm...

My experience thus far is missions don't get smaller as you level upwards. (Sure there is mission-to-mission variation, and locations seem toaffect missions size, but "generally" speaking they do not get smaller).

Seems that "logically", a "smaller" mission would be harder to get far enough away to get out of fight range. So offhand it would seem that higher-level missions (generally speaking again) would be "easier" to move far enough away, not harder (because in general they should not be smaller than lower level missions). I wonder what else explains our different experiences?

In any case, however, my main point was to say that it "can" work, versus the report in this thread that it "doesn't" work (more precisely, that we are "prevented" from healing). I don't believe it can be termed a "serious bug", which was the point I was trying to make.

Again, sure it would be a nice convenience. Sure I would like it. But on the flip side, not everything should be made so easy for everyone. But every inconvenient thing should not be called a serious bug.

Cheers,
    Martek

Originally posted by Seid
    Moving away from the "fight area" rarely works...

Once I ran all around the entire level under the boss level and I was still in a fight.

That leaves the "strategy" for the whole team to run all the way down to the exit and reenter...

It might have something to do with the mission layout actually. But the odd thing was that while I could, as you say, run a few rooms off and then heal the first time, doing the exact same thing failed every time after that.

And I dont think it was the level either, as this was a level 21 alt of mine...

And I suppose we could say it is a matter of convenience to be able to heal, recharge and re-recruit LD members...its a matter of your point of view I guess