Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Skinning the GUI - A Reference

The border graphics are shared with many of the other windows though... yes you could make them transparent... be interesting to see what that looks like... hmmm....
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Quote Originally Posted by Internalfire
    Humm, not sure if its a problem with ym skin or whether you might be missing a defualt file in your AO folder.

Nobody else has complained about this (but then I suppose I havent been given feedback on version 1.1)

Ill re-compile the skin the the skills/info window graphics in.
    Yup, I've got the butt-ugly original skills gfx too. Your skin file is still dated Sept 13, when will you make the correctly recompiled one available?
    Cypho 16X Adventurer
    Tick 10X Trader ( getting most of my attention nowadays )

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...
    when you gaze too long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes back into you."

- Friedrich Nietzsche

Any word on your GUI, Internalfire?

Question Beuhler, anyone.. Beuhler

Quote Originally Posted by Devestior
    Hm, refreshing to see an actual Programmer post here. Wow? Cool factor.

Wondering if one might alter the GUI to include 2 simultaneously displayed toolbars, like the one on Pred's page here http://project-starlight.com/predsgunrack/21042004.php
    See above
    Account Created
    2001-06-29 16:07:54

All that time, only these gimps to show:
    Devestior 136 MP, Testlive.
    Javen 115 Engie, Testlive
    Cuda 150 Engie (Wiped)
    Bruce 96 MA (Wiped)

Bored at work? Not for long! Click here

I quit AO.

Ill release an update with the Right Skills menu in then upload it for you.

Ugh so sorry to hear that Internal

I just wanted to thank everyone in the community that has done all this amazing work and made some very wonderful skins!

Things I Would Love In A GUI Skin

I took a Screenshot, then copy'd & pasted around to show what i would absolutely love to have for a GUI.

I had to turn the loss way up on the image so it wouldn't be so big on my server, but everything is still clear as to what I am meaning.

here is the screeny: http://www.zebular.com/ao/mywish1.gif

As you see, I like to have things that move where I want them.

I love the JimSkin stype for it's Awesome Menu Buttons! (Chivai skin is awesome too for this, however, depending where you are, you cannot read the text for those buttons.)

Please, is there anyway to implement a GUI Like this? If so, please could someone do it? you'd be my hero!

Notes:

1) Drop Down Menu on the Left (not right)
    2) Moveable, Horizontal HP/NP/XP Bars
    3) Moveable Initiative/Timer/Reload Bars
    4) Small Menu Buttons, all together, not spread about the screen!
    5) 2 Sets of Quick-Keys, one for 1-0 and another for ALT+1-0
    6) Nice Sized Open Space at the Bottom for Chat/Inventory type windows.

EDIT: I know in the Picture I wrote "Drop Down Menu on the Right, Please!" it shoudl have read "on the Left, Please!"
    Last edited by Terraseer; Feb 2nd, 2005 at 09:43:47.
    Sincerely,
    ~Zebular the Terraseer

Havent develed into the XML for a while but drop down menus might be able to go on the left, would have to check it out.

Ncu/creds and agg bar can go there.

The small menu buttons cn be done, I use 2 myself in my skin.

On every other account... impossible - Un-fortuneately its all hard coded and we cannot change it. I dont see Funcom putting any resources into chanign this for the time beign either.

Thanks for the reply.

I woudl really love it if all that was possible, and am, quite franqly, suprised it is not with how skinnable the client seems to be. (no offence to the programmers, the skin is awesome

It just seems to me that by programming in GUI features that are not customizable, but yet letting their GUI be customized, is a contradiction in itself. As well as an annoyance to people who have a left-blind-spot (me)

I do not notice things on the left, I do not know why, it has just alsways been that way, I know it is there, it just does not catch my attention unless it is a large blob moving, like a player, heh.

As for the drop down menu on the left, if it is possible to put it there, is it also then possible to move the Timer bars to the right side instead? Because if you were to move the Menu there, it would cover up the timer bars if they were immobile.

I am not keen in XML, I never learned it, I let my Dreamweaver program do my XML coding for me, all I know is HTML & CSS.

Guess I might have to dig into XML one of these days
    Sincerely,
    ~Zebular the Terraseer

Nope, we cant move the timer bars.

Basically anything which can be done has been done and if it isnt in a skin then the chances are its imposible.

People Thinking the GUI is very customisable is a big mis-conception. We can change the appearance of the GUI by modifying the spliced images which when constructed make up the gui.

And we can move a few elements around. We have no room for custom code, actions, plug-ins etc etc.

I made a post recently(ish) requeting that the GUI gets looked at but it doesnt seem to of taken any ground.

That is sad, it is such a beautifully set up GUI, in the fact in that it was coded to be able to be skinned, and with just a few minor changes, could be so much more user friendly and customizable.
    Sincerely,
    ~Zebular the Terraseer

Updated my own skin for 15.8, and also updated the skin list to show known compatible skins and untested skins. Any changes/additions/corrections, do PM me.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

perk special

how do i use perk specials with chivai skin? I can't find it

Exclamation AO-Skintool v2.1

AO-Skintool's purpose is to replace the current/old scripts and myriad of tools
    that exist to extract and compile the ingame skin file, and the planetmap.
    It is able to extract just about all skins and planetmap images be it old gui/new. RK and SL.

The purpose of this tool is not to be the best or THE only skintool,
    the purpose is to help set standards to avoid issues in the future!
    It even has a feature that let you make skinpack installers for the game skin file.
    (gui files/launcher skin/and planet maps are optional),
    and does this in a standard and very user-friendly way,
    even when it comes to un-installation should your user choose this.

Features:
    Skin file extraction/compiling, planetmap extraction/compiling, skinpack creator.
    Small, fast, simple, easy. It does what it does and do it well!
    Uses OptiPNG to optimize the size of PNG files to a minimum filesize.
    (optional choice during compiling of skin/maps)
    Uses the NSIS 2 installer system from Nullsoft, this means tiny, good, fast,
    easy installers, and lzma data compression.

Changes:
    v2.1 - 28 February 2005
    - A rather urgent bugfix release!
    Fixed a evil bug in file cleanup routine, that could cause the workdir to get deleted!
    Improved cleanup routines, making them more efficient.
    Changed internal naming schemes and added some additional name checks.

Get it from the Tech support section at the GridStream forums.
    http://www.gridstream.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5217

Alternative location for download: http://emsai.net/files/freeware/AO-S...0Installer.exe

Have fun!
    Last edited by Gridfan; Feb 28th, 2005 at 18:23:51. Reason: Information update!
    "AO is like the ugly duckling, slowly turning into a swan as time goes by."
    Lance Orbin aka Gridfan of GridStream Productions

Changes:
    v2.1 - 28 February 2005
    - A rather urgent bugfix release!
    Fixed a evil bug in file cleanup routine, that could cause the workdir to get deleted!
    Improved cleanup routines, making them more efficient.
    Changed internal naming schemes and added some additional name checks.

Alternative location for download: http://emsai.net/files/freeware/AO-S...0Installer.exe
    "AO is like the ugly duckling, slowly turning into a swan as time goes by."
    Lance Orbin aka Gridfan of GridStream Productions

is im lookind for a way to refresh the Archive variables and a way to save them to the file from a menu button.... ive spent about 10 hours looking at the files on my hard drive and i havent seen anything on the forums about it... so im thinking the only help im gonna get on this is from Kurt

Curious, has anyone made a AI-compatable version of Dovve's skin? I happen to like that layout.

Quote Originally Posted by Anorah
    Curious, has anyone made a AI-compatable version of Dovve's skin? I happen to like that layout.
    *Bump*

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast