Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So, what about docs?

Unhappy So, what about docs?

You changed the hate list on docs. It sucks. Docs hate you people in funcom for it. It really sucks. CHANGE IT BACK THE WAY IT WAS!

Was that short and simple enough?

yes, don t forget docs

The hate list is a real pain for us.
    Even without doing a single heal, mobs are directly coming on us...
    How do you want us to be useful in a group like that ?

Make our slow attack speed nano line work please, actually a single hit makes it stop, so it s quite useless...

And the remove debuff nano, could there be more version of that one.

Dos life is really hard, please do something for us

i've already posted this.... but i'll post it again.

Maybe im missing something... can some clearify for me why u need help.

Docs?? Umm... why are u needing help.! U guys are one of the top dominating class out there today!. With pvp cut by 50% and your heals not .... then whats the problem???

Is it that mobs aggro u when u do a team heal? .... well.. bah even adv's and ma's get taht when they do team heals. You guys are looking good already... What about docs? ---> u just had a boost increase in your dots about a patch ago.

Open your eyes.... think for a sec. Who really needs to say ...

"what about me? "

Answer is : FIXERS, and ADVS

im not a fixer, but if feel their pain. Im a ADV. Docs can manage for a while, let the dev team help some other professions. Both of these two have not been modified at all for the last several patches.

-cub

Has it ever popped into your mind that "maybe" everyone dont want to PvP?
    How many PvP docs you know? In fact, how many docs you know that would even give a damn about PvP?

I'm talking about grouping here, exping. And I really dont think its just peachy that docs die 10 times per level while grouping.

Cub you have no clue

You have no clue wtf your talking about. All we are asking is NOT TO GET AGROO AS SOON AS THEY SEE US. U try playing a doc to lvl 60 solo, it dont happen bud. lvl one and then tell us how u feel .

and fixers ? bah, there the money making class now.

and why does adv need reworked??? my lvl 60 does fine with ql 110 bowsplits.

btw, the class that needs FIXED is the soldier, they suck ass after lvl 80, atleast some other classes can solo. a soldier CANT.
    Last edited by Doctortease; Dec 9th, 2001 at 16:47:12.

DOCs ARE NOT FUN

First to answer the questions

U guys are one of the top dominating class out there today!. No I really dont think so docs are in short numbers on Rubi-Ki there are far more other proffesion around.

If you where going to P v P would you really be choosing a doc at lot of people have said they are hard to kill. Yes point taken but we have little in the way for offence. I think this is ok I dont expect Docs to be good at P v P I dont really care either about P v P.

Is it that mobs aggro u when u do a team heal?

That would not be so bad, but docs get aggrgo in a team without doing anything, once I had arrived behind my group at a location, the group was already in mid combat. I did not even get out of my car before all 6 monsters turned around and jumped on me. I can be aggro while 2 miles away my team mates attack a mob and they come after me.

The problem is due to docs role we are bless with the highest hP and most of us struggle with money so armour is a problem to. If I get attacked by more than 1 mob I dont last to long.

u just had a boost increase in your dots about a patch ago.

Not true the nano dot was a fix, the nano dot did not last or tick at the correct time is was suppose to this was corrected.

My biggest pain is being unable to solo even green mobs. I really struggle to kill one I find I have to cast lots of dots and still zone back and forth into the mission. Being able to solo one mob is one problem but when the first room as 3 mobs you got on chance I just cannot do enough damage by the time I have to leave. So by the time I zone med up and return the mob is back to full health.

No joking without the first 3 guys in a room the average mission lasts well over an hour due to zoning, with the 3 people its impossible for me.

Now some might point out docs are not ment to solo, which fair enough, but there's still the problem of money. At level 60 nano armour sells for about 100k, I just dont have that sort of money when I cannot do missions. When hunting the money from mobs just about pays for my nano packs.

One source of income would have been the blood from monster parts, but the problem is everyone is doing it regards of proffesion. Would is be an idea to restict certain trade skills to a given proffesion ?. It would create a real source of income and perhaps a new internal trade market.

I think a lot of classes including docs would be helped by a good pistol. Its was a bit unfair to remove FA's, and yet they kept vecktor shotguns.

cub does not know what he is talking about. go play a doctor and see what fun it is being the "dominating class"
    at least adventurers can turn themselves into cuddly leets. what do you have to complain about.
    I wish funcom could just hurry up and help all the professions. some need more help than others and i personally being biased by actually playing a doctor think they need a lot of help.
    A lot of our nanos either don't work or are just out and out pointless.

what would be very nice would be for funcom to announce a time table on fixes for all professions and then maybe a rough draft of proposed fixes.
    as far as aggro...try to group with nt's or traders or possibly a crat if you can find one. calming nanos are very nice.

Angry What about docs?

Quote: "what about docs?"

Yo man i feel your pain. Im an adventurer and we get the same exact ****. Spread the word, we need to get Funcom's attention some way. Im tired of of this crap!

Here are the copies of my two posts in a similar thread.

------------
    First Post
    ------------

I play a 111 Doc, let me reinforce what others have said.

Docs are mostly fine.... AS LONG AS YOU HAVE A GOOD TEAM.

If you tank isn't up to scratch dump the team.

Direct Heals - Learn to manage your aggro, learn the benfits of range and as with all things Docing make sure your tank maintains aggro.

Team Heals - Absolutely last resort nano, only to be used when your either, a) sacrificing your life to let the rest of the team get away, b) Have a fixer in your team [God I Love having Fixers in my team] who is trying to get yoour asses out of the fire and into the safety of the grid.

Evades - evades, specially later in your characters life are more important than AC at times. Its the evades that stop you from receiving mega crits. Encourage all your tanks to spend IP's in evades at level 100 any character that doesn't have dark blue evades should have around 300 evade skills. Any charcter with dark blue, try and get htem up to around level 200. A doc's biggest problem is that Evades are VERY dark blue, still when able spend the IP's, It can be the difference between getting hit for 500 and getting hit for 250.

Making Money - Blood Money ! A nice little earner, that really isn't that a big spend in IP's. However don't bother doing much with the blood, its too expensive and there is no return on treatment kits.

First Aid - First aid is handy for when you really need that extra couple hundred points of nano, also heal stims are great when your tank really is in serious trouble and even though your mashing those Direct heals he is still heading towards a serious lack of red bar.

And again as somebody asked me the other day 'Whats the best weapon for my doctor reroll?' my answer 'A good tank.'

----------------
    Second Post
    ----------------

btw one thing I would like to see added to Doctors is either a save xp (RP : We are scanning their bodies) nano or a sleep nano (RP : We are anthestising them)

I would also like to see all pillows changed visually into shields similar to MP shields. no need to change their stats or anything, just stop making us look like we are headed for a slumber part.

Err also can you fix the Biomech Cloak so it goes in the back slot and looks like a cloak rather than the chest slot like a chest piece.

And please fix our portable clinics.
    Ye Olde and Original Founding is BACK !

Australian Timezone - RK1

Well I agree with you 99% Falcon. But what I mean is that sometimes mobs aggro on me after one single heal. Sometimes when I havent even done anything yet some hate list screw up bug gets the mobs on me. And of course needless to say that when puller makes even a little mistake and gets adds. Doc has 30% chance of staying alive.

Pullers/tanks are about the most important ppl in a group and still its PATHETIC to see how some of them are equipped, worst cases are those that got 16 NCU at level 60+ so that you cant put hp buffs, much less hots or anything else on them. That added with poor damage or AC... God better exist since docs gonna see him soon...

I rerolled a Doc a few weeks ago... I was in the backyard, chose my IP allocation, uploaded my nano formular and stepped out onto the playfield to see what they did.

saw someone in low health, healed them and was aggroed by 4 (count them... 1,2,3...4!) roller rats.
    at level 1!

needless to say, I had my first trip to the rez terminal before I had really done anything at all.
    I think I saved the other noobs life though

I guess its all in the line of duty... but, being agroed on sight is just rediculus. us docs, especially us noob docs dont stand a chance.
    I dont want to play a combat doc.. but I am being forced too

oh well....
    give some love to us docs please

Sorry to burst your bubbles... I do play a doc.. haven't played him for a while... he's level 50. I haven't twinked him up... but if i wanted to, i could. I've just spent more time doing other things with my ohter characters. What u guys are complaining about is the same thing that happens to my adv.

I run in and i get aggroed.... or i do a team heal and i get aggroed. Its not just Docs.

Not only that but, I said " Maybe im missing something... can some clearify for me why u need help. "

Because im not sure what the problem is.

Do i know pvp Docs? .... yea!! i know lots of pvp docs. Im in the pvp area lots.... and none of your names that i see posted here do i ever recall being in a pvp area.

Listen.. im not trying to put the class down. But i think some classes are trying to get more and more from each patch. You give them one treat, they want 2, u give em 2 treats they want 4.

Let them fix the fixers and adv's. Stop whining.... but once again... maybe u should be?.... Like i said before ... what exactly is it thats wrong? Is it the 2 things i listed? plz help me clarify. And don't go off flaming about me plz.

Dont try to make advs and docs the same thing, advs do other things but heals, docs dont. And basically, when we cant do much anything else but heal in group, then why those retards at nerfcom had to screw up the only thing we do? Perhaps fc hates AO players, who knows.

And if you ask "what exactly is wrong", then try reading this thread once again
    and play that doc of yours a bit, it kinda shows you havent done that for a while.
    Cheers.

Ano...

As far as teams and aggroing goes, not having too much trouble myself. Using range inc, set to full aggro, just back up beyond all the other team members, if the tank gets the monster first and it focuses it's attack I'm set for the rest of the battle. *shrugs*

As far as PVP goes... what doc in their right mind plays it? Hehe... the profession is for saving lives not taking them. :P~ I guess if that's what you dig, go for it. Just kinda... um. Doesn't feel like that's why I'm there.

I still love being a doc. Sure it's getting more challenging. AC is still holding up in MFP. Guess I'll have to see where things go from here.
    .:: Isocyanate Doc
    .:: Onigiri Eng
    .:: Myaku MP
    .:: Maitrize Misc
    .:: Moruhine. Pita. Kechi!

Ok lets see here...

Ok level 69 Doc here.

To start off with i must say doctors are looking quite good at the moment and doctors are the best implemented profession in the game because we did not have the need for any tweaks by the Funcom. Now what comes to the profession at its current state..

Healing aggro seems to be working as intended. It might be a little harsh at times (being aggroed when not a single heal hasn't even been casted yet = KOS) but it is still working as intended. It is no bug or accident, just something doctors need to adjust with. Actually, this matter has been depated over the doctors side of the formum and most of the doctors agreed there, that the heal aggro issue requires some tactical modifications into our playing style, not some major tweak from Funcom. There are things what you must do and your team must do to survive with the latest rules of combat and healing.

But... There are some genuine problems:
    - Trade skills aren't working
    - Tutoring isn't working
    - Biomech armor isn't working (the bonuses to FA and TR)
    - Debuffs may or may not be working againts mobs.

Also, it seems that after the doc DD nano Gauge Flesh (which is ql70 or something.) there is no newer ql DD available and with the current amount of HPs the mobs have, the higher you get from the level in which you got the gauge flesh dd, the harder it'll get when your damage output versus hp mob ratio is getting worse. (Note: Not 100% sure if there ain't a better nano than gauge)

I think that Funcom should fix these doc (these issues concern other players as well as docs) issues and add 2 more nanos to the doctor DD line for level ranges 90-130 and 130-200. These DDs would not have to bee nowhere near as good as the other professions nukes but somewhat better than the older version of the same nano line so that our damage output stays relative to the amount of hp of the mobs.

Thats about it i guess. Otherwise docs are looking really good.

Edit: Forgot to mention my level.
    Regards,
    Chromad

Advisor of the First Order

Tukan | Chromad | Mikados

Nothing wrong with my doc!

"You changed the hate list on docs."

Yup, about bleeding time too! Do you realise how many times I actually fell asleep sitting in my car hitting TeamHeal from a safe distance?

"It sucks"

I disagree. It rocks! You just have to learn to adapt. More importantly, so does your team.
    The insta-kill thing is because of your hp buff. Send a tank into Shades camp with a HOT on him and next thing you know the whole camp wants your blood! No HP buffs for my team anymore....guess what? It's not missed....we all survive.

"Docs hate you people in funcom for it. "

Not this doc. This doc loves the new challenge, and all those CODs are keeping me very fit!

"It really sucks. CHANGE IT BACK THE WAY IT WAS!"

Grrrrrrr. Don't even think about it!!!

Hylle, MA Healer
    Schu, Healing MA

Yea.. I think there is something a bit screwy on hp buffs since sometimes I get crapload of mobs on me for casting only a team hp buff

And another yea, I am adapting with it, but that doesnt mean I have to like it.

Old aggro was simply better and dont see why FC had to change it. Guess what profession dies most in groups? Yup, you got it. I'm kinda tired of losing massive loads of exp because of the dumb heal aggro deaths.

im a lvl 75 Doc retired will not play with the instant agro.
    Im having more fun with my lvl 70 enforcer and my lvl 60 engineer
    as a doc growing up i quit raising pistol skill because pistols sux
    as far as armor goes HAHAHAHA when im spending 400k in nano charges for 1 group and only get about 20 to 30k in tips(with 0 team deaths)well you can imagine what my armor looks like. Im the clan doc in omni ent by rome whompa wearing full omni med suit casting IC for tips
    as a doc my motto was I heal regardless of breed creed or religion

I made my enforcer to make cash for my doc, no luck enforcer needs all the cash he makes for his own armor nanos and such

now that my engineer is in the money i could equip my doc with armor but whats the point if you have multiple mobs hitting you.
    and dont go saying your team only does 1 mob at a time
    try going to 20k and only pull 1 shade from the shade camp
    or mayby only pull 1 VB from VB camp etc etc
    with agro/def bar all the way to the left any heal single or team shouldnt be instant agro, I could see instant agro if your agg/def slider was full to the right
    when my doc was hunting lush i was agroed on site by the LB's
    didnt even have to cast a nano for that to happen.

came close to just deleting my doc but with his high NP skill i kept him to make my own implants for my other chars

about 20k

Played my lvl 70 doc yesterday at 20k VB and at the Western camp. I was the one KOS at sight when the pulling started.
    Again, Hots and HP buffs are the reason for this, because when the puller makes the initial hit and starts running, the hate list of the mobs do not concider him as big as a threath as i am with Hots and HP buffs ticking away on every team member.

Result?

4-5 oranges ignore 5 giant atroxes with mean looking hammers and guns and run straight to the doc hiding behind the "not so big" crossroad sign. The must have had something really important to say to me when they all came rumbling down happilly the hill to meet me.

Luckilly i had 1 or 2 body guards behind guarding me to get the aggro brake off me. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it did not and the poor doctor became a tank (and not so good one i might add).

One big reason, why this happened, was that the puller did not have a aggro enchanser and did not use Mongo at all. And i hate that, i really do.

Yesterday made me reconsider my oppinnion about the aggro issue: it is just barelly tolerant for me at the moment, but if i'll die today like 10 more times because of it, ill go haywire!
    Regards,
    Chromad

Advisor of the First Order

Tukan | Chromad | Mikados

I got the perfect solution for you!

To avoid getting aggroed, all you have to do is to get an NT in the team, then keep him alive as long as possible, if he dies, you are next.
    NT phone HOME!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast