Thread: Missions and Mobs still Broken

Angry Missions and Mobs still Broken

I thought the last patch was ment to sort out the mobs in missions, but it hasn't.

Im a 62 AD with q77-85 armour and q 78 Riders, Not amazing but still above my level - and I struggle to solo human mob greens, they still chain heal, i hit for minimum damage - its taking me hours to complete default missions if i get a yellow or orange in one i have to run back to the entrance and keep zone fighting them, taking 10 - 20 minutes a fight. Now i like a challenge but im sorry this is going too far now. I wouldn't mind so much if the missions paid more than a measly 17k - for taking 2 - 3 hours to do a mission i would expect at least 100k - the only way it seems to make money now is on completing a mission is to go and spam the shopping chans with the items you find, so i can waste a whole evenings gaming trying to complete a mission then selling the items. FROM 1 MISSION!!! - and because of this i daren't go hunting to level because missions will get much harder and i wont be able to afford new weapons and armour.

PLEASE SORT THIS OUT FUNCOM GAMING IS MEANT TO BE FUN NOT A CHORE!!!!!!

I spent the last 4 weeks farming gray mobs solo in the wild trying to scrape up every credit I could muster. I was finally able to get a QL94 NovaFlow to replace the QL 56 I have had since I was lvl 55. Im now 64. I then needed implants up the ying yang to equip it and with a little help I was able to do so.

My gun is now 30 lvl's above my own. A necessity for any one thinking about 50% missions.

Last night I sit at the mission booth looking for a mission that will give me that secondary weapon, needed for the "big hits" to take out a yellow or orange mob. For the Soldier, Nova Flow for a primary and a Flashpoint is a must.

After spending 1984 credits...look at this! A lvl 64 Flash point as a mission reward. SWEET! It pays 17k and is only 3 zones away. Not great cash but hey...Ill take it.

Lots of greens at first then yellows. That what I expect in a 50% mission. Then I find the yellow Claw that just dosent seem to notice I have a 1600 armor class. "WACK-WACK" 153-153 "WACK-WACK" 153-153. Hes hittin fast and hard. Ill get to the point.

It took me 2 hours and 45 minutes. 94 QL50 treatment packs. 112 first aid stims and I lost count or ammo spent. I finally beat this uber mob down..."GREAT" He yields 400 some credits and no loot.

Oh...I didnt mention that I can no longer open locked chests and doors? Thats right, I tried 50-100 times on the 5 locked chests I found. No go. Nice...being that I never had to put points into the skill now required to open them...Ill never have the ip to at this point. Oh, sorry...back to the point.

After all this I find the mission item, by passing some of the mobs due to the fact I am out of first aid packs and treatments. I pick it up...the mission completes. I even got a token. COOL! Wait...what the heck... NO FLASHPOINT. I have the room in my inventory...what the... it was a "find the" mission and there is the adventurer nano in my inv. and I got the cash and the token but... "NO FLASHPOINT FOR YOU!"

To sum it up...all the time and supply’s I used just to get the item I worked so hard for never showed up. Disappointed....thats an understatement.

Summation:

1. In order to do 50% missions you NEED to over equip by 30 or so lvls.

2. Even over equipped in armor and weapons you will still find that "uber" mob that either disregards your AC or has an AC of his own that can only be defined as an exploit.

3. Dont count on getting an item form a mission. Camping the booth for what you want might just p!ss you off.

Sorry so long...thanks for reading my vent.
    Zen~~'
    9/11/01

Angry Your own dam fault

The reason missions are sooooo difficult now is because fc had to make all the mobs stronger due too all the over equiping that was happening. Beafor the patch i was able to solo 70-80% missions... now im lucky if i can get through a 50%. They pay nothing now to boot so its incredibly difficult to make enough money to over equip like you have to to actually be any good. If funcom had simply put in the no-over equiping patch as planned the missions would most likely be much easier now as they would undoubtly lower their toughness... but nooooooo... we like having our lvl 200 guns at lvl 80.... so now everyone is hurt... funcom looks bad and i cant get enough money to buy a simple nano formula. i hope funcom grows a backbone and decides that implementing the no-overequiped weapons IS the best and only way to go!. it would make everything easier on everyone and the game balance would be superb... quit hiding behind your ql 200 gun and try to help funcom make a good game.