Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: High end fixer Weapons – The Alien Dimension

Quote Originally Posted by Vega2
    QL260 Conflagrant Syndicate Messenger Gun vs 4000 AC opponent
    R-hand damage: 30 reg shots @ 1490 damage, 7 bursts @ 2968 damage,
    Total damage: 65473 points @ 0 % agg

just noticed. i want to see someone hits for 1.5k with CSMG without reinforced slugs or some outside buffs. the damage simulator seems to be slightly wrong.
    They don't hit for 1490 a shot, they have an average damage of 1490 per shot, that's a huge difference especially for the (C)SMG. At 13% crit chance your average damage including crits is well over 100 points higher then your average damage of just the normal (non crit) shots. Don't know if Zura counted effects of Reinforce Slugs, but that would be another +100 or so (don't know how high it gets, at my level it's 225 every 2 out of 5 minutes, that's +85 extra damage on average).

Moscatinka is correct :-) The regular shot damage is very high on the CSMG because it is an average of normal shots and critical hits. In fact, the massive critical hits on the CSMG makes it deal more damage pr regular shot on average than the QL 300 Machine pistol (1490 on the CSGM vs 1480 on the MP).

For burst damage on the other hand, the Machine Pistol outperforms the CSMG. Burst bullets can not crit, and thus the better average/minimum damage on normal shots from the Machine Pistol makes it burst more powerful than the CSMG (2968 on the CSMG vs 3360 on the MP, assuming that an average of 2,5 bullets hit each burst).

I did not include the effects of Reinforce Slugs, Energize or other temporary damage buffs into the comparisson, instead I just set damage add to +300 on average as a nice, even number. Higher add damage would not significantly change the comparission, but it would skew the result somewhat in favor of Guns with high bullets pr minute count. Such as guns with more specials (Alien type 5, 12 and BBI-Viral), and dualwield guns (Machine Pistol and Blackbird).

Hmm.. lets consider the crit issue for a minute. It may well be possible to construct scenarios where a super-twinked-for-crit CSMG Fixer could outdamage a MP fixer. Nowdays its possible to get even higher Crit bonuses that what is listed in the orginal post. Assuming access to "all the gear" lets see how high crit chance one can get:

Base: 3%
    QL 200 ELLTS or QL 300 Alien scope: 15%
    2 x Globe of Clarity: 2%
    Take the Shot buff: 4%
    Mark of Peril buff: 7%
    Sabretooth buff: 1%
    Helmet (Artillery Crepuscule or Heartbeat Shades): 1%
    Aquarius Multitask Calculator: 2%
    Aim of Libra: 1%
    Exterminator Enhanced Occular: 3%
    Dustbrigade Commander Chestplate: 1%

= 40% total crit chance for a fixer. Not bad at all!! :-) And with the very high attack ratings it is possible to achive with some support classes on hand, crits will be even more plentiful (I think my personal record atm is 2775 or so AR, with a trader and crat in team. Hm.. I should get a Keeper next time as well, to check my true max!). I have not actually done the maths to check if the CSMG would outdamage the Machine Pistol with these items, but it would certainly narrow the gap!

Note - I am aware that the Exterminator Occular is not currently vieldable, but rumors for test server suggest it will be fixed soon. :-)
    Zura
    Fixer of Rubi-Ka 1
    Me - Stuff

Cool

Hehe
    I am just gonna say that Zura does great damage
    Lillagumman 220/24 Soldier stuff
    Shibari 220/14 Crat Shibari about to be reconfigurated stuff
    Froo 165/12 Adventurer
    no i dont have more alts.
    I miss Satenia
    Sith of Avatars Reloaded

i just wanted to ask about burst recharge time om KPMs. i got told by other 212 fixer that he got 12 secs burst recharge opposed on 9 secs on CSMG. is it possible to get to 9secs with enough burst ?
    vega2 RK2 fixer 213/13
    Unit Member of Genesis

Yes, the Machine Pistols may indeed be used at 9 sec burst recycle. 1370 Burst skill is requried to do so. The burst recycle caps and burst skills required to reach the cap for common SMGs are as follows:

Syndicate Messenger: 9s cap, 650 Burst skill required
    City Blaster / Influencer: 9,5s, 813 Burst skill required
    Perinnium Beamer: 9s cap, 900 Burst skill required
    Kyr'Ozch SMG - Type 4: 9,2s cap, 995 Burst skill required
    Kyr'Ozch SMG - Type 5: 9,2s cap, 995 Burst skill required
    Kyr'Ozch SMG - Type 12: 9,2s cap, 995 Burst skill required
    Kyr'Ozch MP - Type 4: 9,2s cap, 1370 Burst skill required
    Kyr'Ozch MP - Type 5: 9,2s cap, 1370 Burst skill required
    Fantaghiro BBI-Viral: 9s cap, 1025 Burst skill required
    Blinded Blackbirds: 9s cap, 650 Burst skill required
    Manex Catastrophe: 11,5s cap, 2213 Burst skill required

Complimentary huggles to anyone that can reach speed cap on the Manex :-P
    Zura
    Fixer of Rubi-Ka 1
    Me - Stuff

thanks zura.

another question: did u take in account in weapon ladder table that KMPs should have longer busrts recharge than 9.2 secs? at least up until 1.8k AR(1340 burst)
    btw, i have 1.8k AR but only 1220 burst selfbuffed.
    vega2 RK2 fixer 213/13
    Unit Member of Genesis

Hi Vega :-) Yes indeed the comparisson takes burst recylce times into account (and fling / full auto recycle times as well, where applicable). For instance, the damage on the Machine Pistols jump significantly from 1800 to 1900 Attack rating in the comparisson. At 1800 Attack rating the comparission assumes a burst skill of 1170, good enough for 4 bursts during a 60 second period. At 1900 attack rating, burst skill is assumed to be 1235, just good enough for 5 bursts during the same 60 seconds.

Another thing worth noting, is that most Alien Kyr'Ozch weapons are listed twice in the database, with one version that are actually ingame, and one version that is obsolete and never made it to live. For the Machine Pistol, the updated version got its burst recycle value lowered from 5000 to 4000, which equals 10 seconds faster burst recycle on the new version. Compare for instance at QL1:

New, updated version
    Old, not in-game version

:-)
    Zura
    Fixer of Rubi-Ka 1
    Me - Stuff

unstickying but linked in new sticky so not lost
    Queen of the Ninjas

Slyyk - MUHAHAHA! Old Fixers never die, they just take a different grid exit.

Cosmik - And don't worry, Jorji. We've got FC love for everyone. It's stockpiled and going out the door.

Jorji's art page (some mature content )

zomg she finally got myspace lawls

woops >.<

nm then :P
    Last edited by Royal; Feb 12th, 2005 at 03:11:49.

Quote Originally Posted by Royal
    bump
    Why? It's linked through the sticky.
    Hukk [Gear] - Teh handsome

zura, how about adding ql 300 type 12 to the table? with full ql 300 sharpshooters and some more uber stuff 1.8k FA is possible. the question off courseif it would OD type 5 MPs. you cant take stats from Kijomimi's post about PvP.
    well thanks in advance
    vega2 RK2 fixer 213/13
    Unit Member of Genesis

I did some calculations with the combination of weapons I'm now wearing:
    Blinded Blackbird
    Kyr'ozch Machine Pistol - type 5 ql181

Took these settings from damage table:

Attack rating -------------- .1200
    Ranged init ---------------- .1020
    Burst ---------------------- ..780
    Fling ---------------------- ..600
    Full auto ------------------ ..720
    Multi ranged --------------- ..900
    Crit chance (base + gear) -- ..5 %
    Damage added --------------- ..242
    Target AC ------------------ .9600

And got these results:
    blinded blackbird (right hand) = 20x762 reg hit, 7x2286 burst = 31242
    ql181 type 5 (left hand) = 20x850 reg hit, 6x850 fling = 22100
    Total damage 53342

As shown in the Part 2 damage table with 1200AR setting Syndicate Messenger does total damage of 49248. It seems that dualing bbs and type 5 machine pistol is better than using Syndicate Messenger gun at AR~1200. Type 5 also adds Glory effect very often when you pvm. Correct me if I'm totally wrong now. Since I'm using this combination I can confirm that burst cycle is taken from blinded blackbird if you keep it in right hand. As I see it, this is great option for fixer under level 200.

I'd like to see this combinations' calculations added to all damage tables to see how well it does at different ARs.

Oi!
    Just got here via a link in the german forum ... thanx heaps for all the work! Bit to much too read for me at the mom (studied the whole day for some bloody exam), but another time ...
    Cheers,
    Daylanee
    "If the radiance of a thousand suns
    Were to burst at once into the sky
    That would be like the splendor of the Mighty one --
    I am become Death,
    The shatterer of Worlds."

Quote Originally Posted by Galilei

Took these settings from damage table:

Attack rating -------------- .1200
    Ranged init ---------------- .1020
    Burst ---------------------- ..780
    Fling ---------------------- ..600
    Full auto ------------------ ..720
    Multi ranged --------------- ..900
    Crit chance (base + gear) -- ..5 %
    Damage added --------------- ..242
    Target AC ------------------ .9600

And got these results:
    blinded blackbird (right hand) = 20x762 reg hit, 7x2286 burst = 31242
    ql181 type 5 (left hand) = 20x850 reg hit, 6x850 fling = 22100
    Total damage 53342
    A quick check shows you used an actual AR of 1200 in the damage simulation - in fact, you need to use a lower value. AR above 1k is "effectively" reduced to about 30% for the damage part of the calculation - so in the damage simulation you need to use an AR of 1060 when your ar is 1200.

So look at these numbers:
    Blinded black bird (rh) - 20x674 reg hit, 8x2022 burst = 29656
    ql 181 type 5 (lh) - 20x796 reg hit, 6x796 fling = 20696
    total damage 50352

Running same numbers for SMG, I got
    30x972 reg hit, 8x2916 burst = 55488

I can't see why you got 7 bursts and I got 8 - just goes to show that damage sims lie. In real life, its never exactly what you figured it was, so the only way to tell is to go out with another fixer around your level and run damage dumps - find out what he's using, and see which really works out better in real life.

For the money of a SMG, your set up comes damn close to the same damage. If you spend some effort tweaking your set up, you probably would od a fixer who puts on an smg and figures he doesn't have to do anything else, since he has the best gun for his level!
    Slimsobe retired 220 opifex trader General of New Movement
    Oneeyedjim 175 nanomage crat

"You will never understand bureaucracies until you understand that for bureaucrats procedure is everything and outcomes are nothing."

One thing though is that those numbers assume +242 damage added per shot. However, KMP does energy while BBB does radiation, so it will be very difficult to get +242 of both types since many of the main +damage items (such as Arul Sabas and Rings of Power) will have to be one or the other.
    Sorhan 220/30/70 fix * Aeschines 220/30/70 crat * Mengqi 220/30/70 sol * Hephaistion 220/30/67 adv
    President of the Obsidian Order - Join us today!

>< ::Feels silly for not noticing::
    Slimsobe retired 220 opifex trader General of New Movement
    Oneeyedjim 175 nanomage crat

"You will never understand bureaucracies until you understand that for bureaucrats procedure is everything and outcomes are nothing."

Quote Originally Posted by nixix
    Great work from a fellow Fixer!

Fantaghiro BBI-Viral Gold Star - where did you get that by the way?
    I'm guessing alien loot but I guess it's just a guess (o,0)
    its quite simple actually, just blitz a BBI AS90 range gun (or anything with AS90 in the name) and add a viral weapon upgrade (ai boss loot and you need some tradeskills of course) and tada

anyway, here's a little something to get yall started:

http://lepetitengi.mmorpgs.info/inde...et_rubriques=2

its in french, but you'll get the picture, i'm sure there's some english guides somewhere if you google for it.

Hehe, the question you answered was 18 months old, but....thank you for bumping a great thread.
    Aratink 220/30 Fixer
    Proud General of Dark Front
    Clanslator
    Quote Originally Posted by Kijomimi
    See? It all starts with you doing something stupid. Maybe if you were not so stupid, you would have less problems.

We should stick this post its very usefull for all fixers
    Dark1947 220 / 30 Fixer 1rst fixer AI 30 on Rimor

Advisor of Devil Inside : still looking for new players and pvpers... More info at Devil Inside website here

Actualité Geek et High-Tech Place4Geek.com

Fixer Guides : Low HP setup, PvP and reflects-
    ----------------Tips & Tricks for PVP with your fixer against all profs
    ----------------QL 300 AI eye without burden & without gunship

Quote Originally Posted by Dark1947
    We should stick this post its very usefull for all fixers

It's rooted under the Fixer F.A.Q. thread.
    Aratink 220/30 Fixer
    Proud General of Dark Front
    Clanslator
    Quote Originally Posted by Kijomimi
    See? It all starts with you doing something stupid. Maybe if you were not so stupid, you would have less problems.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast