Thread: Roleplaying, AO, ppl's moaning and the “Trial”

Roleplaying, AO, ppl's moaning and the “Trial”

Well there is a lot to consider here. I think everyone needs to take a step back and begin to have some thoughts as to why everything is analysed OOC all the time.

To start with lets begin with the “Trial”. The Trial was unruly yes…I have no doubts about that. Being present was slightly different from reading the logs…but still the Trial was out of control. But lets think about this IC for once…

OT arranged the trial on very short notice. So there was little time for preparation. The Judges did not keep a strict control over the Court room. But why? Well perhaps OT didn’t really care too much about the issue. This is only confirmed by the farce of a punishment issued. The whole trial was simply arranged to ease the publics attitude. Clans and OT alike were maddened by what happened against Ross’ wishes. And so Omni-Admin had to be seen to be doing something. It’s all about appearance…nothing more.

Now secondly. Why has no one yet questioned just why Radiman and Ross are so chummy all of a sudden. I mean just check Philip Ross’ statement. Lately everything that occurs like this it seems Omni-Tek forces and CoT forces are always mentioned in the same sentence as working together! Why? Hundreds of years of war…and suddenly this? Don’t make much sense to me…

Perhaps the CoT and Radiman have sold out on the Clans? Or perhaps CoT and Radiman have gained some sort of hold over OT and/or Philip Ross?

This isn’t all as clear cut as you lot seem to think. You keep analysing this OOC. But this is a RP game…so why not start thinking In Character for once?!

I have lost count of the number of RP games I have been involved in that have been spoilt because people constantly ***** OOC about the story or the GM or other characters. And they do this before the story has even got of its first page! This is what is happening here…and with all this OOC whining you lot are missing out on the most fun part of the story.

Yes…The Dark Carnival were out of line in the trial. And yes there were a lot of OOC comments…but from and in character perspective all this can be viewed as a farce. Clearly the Judges couldn’t care what DC did or had to say. They had no interest in issuing a punishment to DC other than a slap on the wrist. And I believe they did this only because the public (us players) demanded it.

Think more about this. Over a week later…and the Clans are still moaning OT are still complain…Philip Ross is even taking a stance. But as far as I can see Radiman couldn’t care much less about the whole thing. In my eyes he is up to something…there is a conspiracy going on here…and it is one that goes to the highest levels, involving either Radiman or Ross…or maybe even both.

When this game begun…I saw OT as the Evil Emipre…and the Clans as the Good Rebels. Ross headed his evil empire and Radiman led his Rebel Clans. But now it appears it isn’t as clear cut as that. We have good and bad characters (players) on both sides… i.e. Division 9 = Good, The Dark Carnival = Bad. Red Freedom = Bad, Fist of Chronos = Good. (I think. But all this depends on your In Character beliefs).

More importantly though. I think Philip Ross in indeed good, but someone somewhere has some sort of hold over him. And he is struggling with something we know nothing about. I think to win this struggle he needs a united front with OT and the Clans. Radiman sees that Ross has these problems and thinks this gives him an advantage somehow…I don’t trust Radiman anymore…he is up to something.

And all these thoughts come from what we have seen in game and on website and movies.

So…instead of constantly whining OOC start thinking in terms of Rubi-Ka, and what is going on. OT is Omni-Tek NOT FunCom. Omni-Tek do things for reasons that are occurring on Rubi-Ka…NOT because of some players playing a game. Get in character…look at what is going on. For crying out loud this is a role-playing Game so ROLEPLAY don’t whinge!!

We are all in the middle of something great…but with all the whining most of you are missing it. Role-play, act in-character…but most importantly think
    Last edited by Hiero; Dec 7th, 2001 at 19:13:43.

Hear hear

I fully agree. If we all pull together, and respect the terms of the story, then AO will be the coolest thing you ever done...
    The Interactor

"If it was easy, then everyone would do it"

I have tried to make this point now, for quite some time...Thank you for trying you as well =)

I agree with your thoughts about this..
    Father Chagidiel
    High priest in The Church of OmniTek

/me wishes for the days when he used to GM Shadowrun games and make Cows from outer space fall and kill disrespectful characters who constantly talked OOC.

Originally posted by Sohjiro
    /me wishes for the days when he used to GM Shadowrun games and make Cows from outer space fall and kill disrespectful characters who constantly talked OOC.
    LOL

There were certainly a few people at the trial whose manners could only have been improved by a space cow flattening them.

Anastasia "Aniee" Cervenak
    Martial Artist

Man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to. -------Mark Twain

I would just have a giant gaping hole appear under the party and they would wind up falling into where the sewage from the latrines went.

Then I told them I wasn't taking any more of their crap.
    Byron "Shorthack" Bannister
    Director of Public Relations
    Titan Mining, LLC

RK2 is totally left out
    Sepentura

"The future is in your hands."

Former Leader - Sea of Change