Thread: Meanwhile, at an undisclosed location...

Talking Meanwhile, at an undisclosed location...

Blackpetal sat in silent prayer, barely breathing. The only sound disturbing the stillness was Icarus's barely audible hum behind her. Since the assassination attempt on her several months prior, Petal had seldom strayed far from her hiding place, and she had no intention of changing that today. In a strange way, she was content...at peace with herself for the first time in a long while.

Suddenly, her eyes flew open and flickered around the darkened room. Her breath came faster as she felt a growing sense of danger building in the pit of her stomach. Something was terribly wrong. She rose, and behind her, Icarus came out of his power-saving mode in a whir or servo noise and humming energy.

"Master..." Icarus said tentatively, aware as he was from past experience that his master disliked anything disturbing her tranquility unnecessarily. "Is something wrong?"

"Fetch my things, Icarus," Blackpetal replied. "And take this message to my brother. I'm afraid that hiding is no longer an option."

Icarus took the encoded chip that his master handed him and quickly left the room.

"Something is wrong..." Petal murmered. "VERY wrong..."
    Last edited by Blackpetal; Sep 1st, 2004 at 22:30:31.
    Senior Partner, Schuemann & Associates (on leave)