Thread: Weapon Initiative skill

Weapon Initiative skill

Hi all,

I just realized the other night that the Arwen grenade launcher I've been using:

http://auno.org/aodb.php?t=ag&cmd=view&id=158965

uses MELEE init as its init skill for some strange reason. This was a little annoying because I put a fair number of points into ranged init, and built implants accordingly, assuming that was the skill I'd be using. So I had two questions:

1. If it wasn't for Antiguardians giving us a peek into the AO database, how would I have found out what init skill this or any other weapon is using? It's not listed in the weapon's description in-game.

2. Is this considered a bug, and if so, is it likely to be fixed anytime soon? Should I IPR my ranged init skill, only to have to IPR melee init when they fix it?
    Drusillus
    Band of Brothers

Level 143 Omni-Tek Chief Engineer

Curator of the Rubi-Ka Encyclopaedia of Armor

Angry Init for ranged weapons

I'd like to know the answer to your question as well. Will the init be set to ranged for all ranged weapons or do I reset my skill to set it straight?

I use a schuyler bow and I have been wondering why on earth I keep firing so slow no matter how high I pump my ranged init skill. I just found the answer to it and it's the same as for you, it's based on melee init. Very annoying if you ask me, and mind puzzling.

-Toli

Some weapons got wrong inits, they should be fixed soon.
    Schuyler bow now uses melee init for initiative, it will be changed to physical init like all bows. (Only crossbows will use ranged init) I raised my melee init with my schuyler will use a ipr point when it will be changed to the correct init.