Thread: Ranged Weapons Evaluator - Working on new one

Ranged Weapons Evaluator - Working on new one

Hello all.

Like most of you, I've utilized the weapons evaluator at AntiGuardians website alot in my quest to find a better weapon to use. However, given my nature, I was always unsure that this weapon evaluator was giving me accurate numbers. Not because I doubt that the folks at Antiguardians do great work, they definitely know they're stuff. It's just that I always want to know what precepts and calculations were being done to produce the results.

At any rate, I decided to undertake the challenge of putting once together myself. Granted, it will never be as slick in presentation as theirs is, since I only know how to do this utilizing functions in Excel, but I do think I am getting close to nailing down the exact formula for the most accurate results.

However, I wanted to sort of "check myself" here and use the talents and intelligence of the game mechanics nuts here to see if they agree with my work so far.

So, here we go. First, a list of the "terms" used in my formulae.

Terms

ATK = Weapon Attack Time
    REC = Weapon Recharge Time
    Min Dmg = Minimum Weapon Damage
    Max Dmg = Maximum Weapon Damage (normal shot)
    Crit Dmg = Critical Damage number
    Clip = Shots per clip
    RI = Ranged Initiative Skill (specified by user)
    ATK Rating = Attack Rating Based on weapon Skills
    MATK = Modified ATK (Ranged init applied to attack)
    MREC = Modified Recharge
    MTT = Modified Total Time (Time Per Shot cycle w/ Ranged Init)
    TPC = Time to Fire entire Clip
    AMS = Damage Modifier based on ATK Rating
    AC = Target Armor Class specificed by user
    Timeframe = Number of seconds of fighting
    % Crit chance = Percentage chance of landing a critical hit specified by the user

Precepts

In my equations, I used the following precepts that have been long quoted here on the boards:

600 Ranged Initiative = 1 second reduction to both ATK and REC at the same time (as such, each RI point = 0.001667 seconds)

Every 10 points of AC reduces damage by 1 point

AMS, or the damage factor based on weapon skills = 1 + (ATK Rating/400)

Damage should be shown as a mean average, so final damage is calculated by taking the weapon's mid-point damage and multiplying it by the AMS and shots fired. Afterwards, critical damage is added.

Now for my calculations...

Calculations

MATK = ATK - (1/600*RI) OR 1 second, whichever is greater

MREC = REC – (1/600*RI) OR 1 second, whichever is greater

MTT = MATK + MREC

TPC = MTT*CLIP

ATK Rating = (%SMG req * SMG skill) + (%AR Req * AR skill) + (%RE Req * RE skill) + etc, etc,.

Full Clips Used =( Timeframe specified by user / TPC) rounded down do the nearest whole integer

Clip Reload Time in Timeframe = Full Clips Used * REC

Bullets Fired in Timeframe = (Timeframe specified by user – Clip Reload Time in Timeframe) / MTT

NOTE: If, however, the clip recharge time in timeframe is great enough to keep enough bullets from being fired that would be equal to a full clip, then clip reload time must be changed to allow for one LESS clip being used. The calculation then becomes:

Bullets Fired in Timeframe = (Timeframe specified by user – Clip Reload time in Timeframe + REC) / MTT

This is done using an IF / THEN Function.

Critical hits done in Timeframe = (Bullets Fired in Timeframe / % crit chance specified by user) Rounded UP to the nearest whole integer

AMS = 1+ (ATK Rating / 400)

Damage done in Timeframe = Damage Done by Normal Shots + Damage Done by Critical hits

Normal Damage = (Bullets fired in Timeframe – Number of Critical hits done) * Damage Done by average shot

Damage done by average shot = {(Max Dmg – Min Dmg) * 0.5 * AMS} – (AC/10)

Damage done by critical hits = Critical hits done in Timeframe * [{(Max Dmg + Crit Dmg) * AMS} – (AC/10)]

So…

Total Damage done by weapon in Timeframe = |(Bullets fired in Timeframe – Number of Critical hits done) * [{(Max Dmg – Min Dmg) * 0.5 * AMS} – (AC/10)] | + | Critical hits done in Timeframe * [{(Max Dmg + Crit Dmg) * AMS} – (AC/10)]|

I welcome any feedback on this. I suppose I should second guess myself so much, but the results I get from my calculations differ a good bit from the same inputs into the Antiguardians weapon evaluator.

P.S. Thank to the Antiguardians for all the great work they've done so far. I cannot tell you how valuable your site has been!

P.P.S I also have a rudimentary first draft of the excel workbook with the calculator in place. It only has a small batch of weapons that can be selected (mostly the ones I find to be good options), but at least it could give you a specific view of how my calculations worked out. If you want a copy, send me a private message and I'll send it to you via email.
    Last edited by AnotherFixer; Jun 22nd, 2002 at 01:09:41.

Note that 600 Ranged Init = 1 second at FULL AGRESSIVE.

Yup. Init effectiveness is based completely on Slider setting.

100% agg = 100% init

100% Def = 0 % init

Is it still true that the attack speed can never be lower then 1s? Even if u have e.g. 1mio init.?

Yes, apparently that is true.

*Edit - Ignore this - I found a post (named "Critical Chance") indicating that it's 3% +/- 1 for every 10% you're AMS is above/below the defender's evade.

Anyone know what the base chance is to crit with no scope?

I know that it's based upon your AMS vs. mob evades, but anyone have a formula?

Alternatively, anyone know what the chance to crit is if you have 700 AMS vs. vets (180 - 200)?

===========================================

That said, it's my understanding that your AMS vs. defender's evades will impact the actual damage that you do. [For example, low AMS vs. defender's evades means that you're likely hitting towards the low end of your weapon's damage spectrum.]

Can anyone quantify this?
    Last edited by ZanEridath; Jun 27th, 2002 at 06:26:06.