Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Asheron's Call 2

"The few times I've had to ask for help in AC, I never got a response."

Look at it this way, it sounds like you played for 2 years or so and only needed help a few times. Not too shabby.

What you will find with AO, is that you will most likely need help that many times inside of a month.

My tone is a direct reflection of your attitude.

220 Wiseguy - Bureaucrat
    ... and a bevy of underequipped 220's

Account Created 16 July 2001

I too am enticed by the look of AC2. I wonder if I dare buy it though.

AC doesn't run for me. (Downloaded it recently, as they have a "try free for a month" deal.) It just hangs on the connecting/updating page, the right glass tube never fills up.

Microsoft claims that it's because my ISPs NAT server doesn't allow traffic on UDP ports 9000-9013. My ISP does allow traffic on those ports. They allow traffic on all ports that should normally be open. (Everything above 1024 iirc) And no, my ISP couldn't lie to me as the guy in charge of those parts is a personal friend.

I told the AC guys this and got the happy reply that it's not their fault and that my ISP doesn't allow traffic on the proper channels.

Which is a big shame. And if AC2 uses the same system I won't be able to play it either. After AO I want fantasy again, and AC2 looks as good as it gets.
    Add a "/team loot chests alpha" option!

AC2 sounds good, but I still don't like lvl systems.
    I might stick with EVE before ever trying AC2 because only skills and the amount of money a player has determine how powerful they are, along with a few rare implants.. but the economy is the main part of the game.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123