Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Aliens Invade: Ross Speaks

Ross's words don't always hold a lot of credibility for me and I think you'll find most Clan citizens would agree. Perhaps we should ask Sol Bank or Tru-Space Corp. for help?
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Quote Originally Posted by Vixentrox
    Ross's words don't always hold a lot of credibility for me and I think you'll find most Clan citizens would agree. Perhaps we should ask Sol Bank or Tru-Space Corp. for help?
    That would be illegal. The ICC have only authorized for the presence of Omni-Tek in the southern half of Rubi-Ka, the Clans in the northern half and the Neutrals ( non-Clan or Omni or belonging to a limited subset of authorized non-Omni corporations) in smaller sections near the center of the terraformed regions.

The evidence is undeniable that the Clans clearly do not have the proper equipment to defend from an invasion from space(They simply lack the heavy defensive emplacements). The evidence is also undeniable that the Clan attacks have had to have a negative effect on Omni-Tek's planetary defense net. Put two and two together and the Clans have little to complain about.
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

Omni-tek did nothing to warn anybody about this oncomming attack. One day before they attack we knew nothing. Suddenly were supposed to be ready. This is rediculus.
    Whine more plz I feed on your tears

Ethernal- "Friends don't let friends infonet drunk"

My internet is waaaay faster than yours so you can suck my fiberoptic!

One day is more than no days Kranden. Most OT personell didn´t know untill that time either, and if not for Ross i think we still wouldn´t know.
    "On the frontlines, there is but one commandment...
    Thou Shalt Kill."

"As i stride knee deep through the dead, all is clear. I know what must be done...
    My cause is just...My will is strong...
    ...And my gun is very, very large!"
    The words of a true soldier.

Quote Originally Posted by Kithrak
    That would be illegal. The ICC have only authorized for the presence of Omni-Tek in the southern half of Rubi-Ka, the Clans in the northern half and the Neutrals ( non-Clan or Omni or belonging to a limited subset of authorized non-Omni corporations) in smaller sections near the center of the terraformed regions.

The evidence is undeniable that the Clans clearly do not have the proper equipment to defend from an invasion from space(They simply lack the heavy defensive emplacements). The evidence is also undeniable that the Clan attacks have had to have a negative effect on Omni-Tek's planetary defense net. Put two and two together and the Clans have little to complain about.
    Who gives a crap about "legal" and "illegal"? I'm sure these vistors are not gonna comply with some ICC mandate. Unless of course they are actually part of some Omni plot...
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    -Whisper's Edge-

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Quote Originally Posted by Kranden
    Omni-tek did nothing to warn anybody about this oncomming attack. One day before they attack we knew nothing. Suddenly were supposed to be ready. This is rediculus.
    What's more ridiculous... knowing a scant 24 hours before the aliens land on your doorstep, or having everyone panic like rabid leets and destroy everything before the aliens even arrive?

To be honest, I think my superiors did the right thing. I personally don't appreciate Boss Ross's quick getaway... but there are larger things to consider besides my own personal desires. As for the aliens...

Advyinc pulls the bolt slides back on her BBI Faithfuls.

Let them come. I was getting tired of those damned hecklers anyway.
    Yep. I'm back.
    Ph43r.

What a "glorius" leaders the Omni has that escapes before the fight starts...
    ?

Who gives a crap about "legal" and "illegal"? I'm sure these vistors are not gonna comply with some ICC mandate. Unless of course they are actually part of some Omni plot...
    Sorta IC, but not really:
    ((Someone needs to do something about all these illegal aliens!))

IC:
    It's only been a day. One has to wonder what ICC is planning right now.

Also, now that I think about it, has anyone thought of the moral implications of uniting on the same side as the Dust Brigade? I really don't like that idea.

Or maybe if OTRK didn't need to divert so much of OTRK's resources to defending against the Clan attacks and terrorist activities instead we'd be in a better shape to deal with it? What did you expect Omni-Tek to do honestly. What did you want Omni-Tek to have done given the Clan attitude towards peace and being hellbent on killing everyone?

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

The only thing I expected out of Omni was a warning they were coming. I don't buy for a second that OT and all it's fleets and listening stations and everything else didn't know they were coming.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    -Whisper's Edge-

Kissysuzuki -

Haveing no warning, well i'm sure we can cope with that, breaching the orbital defences, well it would of happened no matter who was controlling the space approaches to Rubi-ka be it omni or clan.

These aliens have come from who know's where and for reasons unknown, now if it stems from the shadowlands, well really we are all to blame then, the jobe scientists opened the portal, but every single person has utilized it to some degree. . and if Rubi-ka falls, again we are all to blame.

Now i am sure all clanners and omni's have their greivances against each other, and i am no different, but these are extrodinary curcumstances we are faceing. As someone said before, the enemy of my enemy..
    If a ceasefire is to b called, so be it, either way, these aliens wont know what hit them when they meet the citizens of rubi-ka, i doubt there is a more battle hardened population in the universe, regardless if we are still shooting at eachother or not.

Steelyglint
    unit commander
    The Black Company

Regardless of all obsticals, The Black Company will prevail
    Last edited by steelyglint; Sep 2nd, 2004 at 10:36:18.

Quote Originally Posted by steelyglint
    ...breaching the orbital defences, well it would of happened no matter who...
    It's that kind of talk that gets people killed, and lets people slack of. A full investigation is being done to insure that the orbital had been operating not only properly, but with enough people monitoring it also.

These aliens have come from who know's where and for reasons unknown, now if it stems from the shadowlands, well really we are all to blame then, the jobe scientists opened the portal, but every single person has utilized it to some degree...
    Yes and if they came because we happened to have traveled through space, then we are all to blame? Because while it was the old earth schientists that gave us space travel, every single person on Rubi-Ka has utilized it to some degree. Your comment about the Shadowlands is uses faulty logic. If we do something, and something we had no way of knowing about gets angry at us for doing it then it's not realy our fault. The only way this could be anyone's fault is if when the Jobe Scientists first opened the portal, they recieved a transmition from these aliens telling them to close it or else. Even then it would only be the people that saw that message and chose to ignore it at fault. Not the whole of Rubi-Ka.

As someone said before, the enemy of my enemy
    Can still very well be my enemy. Face it every one, this is now a two front war because there will always be people that can not set their problems in the past because of these aliens. There will even be those that continue the fight because they feel that the aliens provide a good distraction to the enemy.

With any luck you'll wake up in the middle of the night having just had a nightmare, and not be able to remember if it was something human or alien that haunted your dreams. If I have any luck, your nightmares will be bad enough to affect your fighting.

~Mumon~
    Army of Monsters

an addition

Kithrak, we may lack the heavy emplacements, and not have the access to weapons that u omni's maybe able to get, if u can get it past the alien blockade that is, but the the clans have been practiceing guerrilla warfare for how long now and u can not deny the effectiveness of such a tactic. I'm sure this tactic will be just as effective against the aliens.

Omni armed forces my want to rethink their defense stratagy. fighting from a fixed position against a superior enemy is just plain suicide. but i suppose omni-teks 1st priority is to protect it's infastructure. I feel this will be Omni-teks biggest problem, inflexability due to an economic achillies hell. In a lot of of battlefield situations it is better to trade space for time, in other words, if a city needs to b abandoned to preserve your forces then u do it, it's better to have your forces mobile and in the field, where they can b very quickly redeployed for a counter attack, or dispersed quickly if the outcome looks bad, rather than being destroyed in place defending infastructure that can b rebuit. Can the soilders of an inflexible system, have the flexability to respond to this?

Im sure i'll have my detractors, but hey, it's something worth thinking about.

steelyglint
    unit commander
    The Black Company

regardless of the obsticals The Black Company will prevail

Umm Mumon, in the 1st 2 parts of my post, i was actualy being sarcastic hence the tone. so there was no need for the over anaylasis.

And yes i do agree with you on the point of war on 2 fronts, but anyone who has read their history knows that any army that conducts a war on 2 fronts is doomed to failure.

steelyglint
    Unit commander
    The Black Company

Quote Originally Posted by Z
    Face it every one, this is now a two front war because there will always be people that can not set their problems in the past because of these aliens. There will even be those that continue the fight because they feel that the aliens provide a good distraction to the enemy.
    Make that a four-front war. I doubt very much that the Dust Brigade or cyborgs will help the rest of us. Furthermore, since this now lends credibility to the strangest stories about the crash in Mort, we have to be concerned about what might happen if either the Dust Brigade or cyborgs were able to recover alien technology before Omni-tek or the Sentinels arrived on the scene.

The cyborgs have a stronger presence in that area than either Omni-tek or the clans. Considering the reports from the crash site I'd hate to see cyborgs upgraded with alien technology.
    Last edited by Keldros; Sep 2nd, 2004 at 14:31:18.

Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their party

And you thought it was just for typing class.

Funny how again, the great events of history repeat themselves. If you are a heavy student of ancient civilization as I am, you would remember a speech by the "Great Communicator", the Earth leader known as Ronald Reagan (The Great Money Spending Somnambulist if you ask me, but I digress) was making a speech referring to the Cold War, and made a rhetorical remark that stands the test of time, proving if nothing else that he had great speechwriters. But the speech (which was received as being really nutty since most "logical beings didn't believe in powers from the outer limits") went as follows:

"But I've often wondered, what if all of us in the world discovered that we were threatened by an outer -- a power from outer space, from another planet. Wouldn't we all of a sudden find that we didn't have any differences between us at all, we were all human beings, citizens of the world, and wouldn't we come together to fight that particular threat?"

Utterly brilliant speech. I can find no better historical corrolary than this for our present state of affairs.

Solidarity is what is needed here, as I have seen the power of the Aliens. I don't like it, and I don't like them. What they need is a JAME enema. A Cooperator suppository. Preparation H-Bomb.

However, if we really want to bury the hatchet and start acting like brothers, then that has to mean something when there are no external threats. Peace is needed more now than at any time in the history of this planet (at least while we were on it anyway). What happens when this war ends (if we don't lose, that is). I can see two possibilities.

One is, we go the way of those two great nations that Ronald Reagan was speaking of, and become friendly nations (remember, a truly great nation has no friends, only interests). The other is to go the way of China during the Second World War (or the Great Patriotic War or however you describe it) when they found themselves invaded by the nation of Japan. Two factions were vying for power, the Nationalists and the Communists. They put aside their mutual differences (at least on paper and in public, more or less) to fight their common foe, the invader. However, when it was all finished and the invader was driven from their lands, they went right back to being bitter enemies again and one was driven completely off the land and onto a small island. Note: this is not a comparison of us and them, but an example of two ways this could go should we survive this war.

Do we defeat this new force bent on our complete annihiliation as true equals and friends, or do we do it as bickering little squabblers. I know what I hope for. But as I said, the peace must be just and jockeying for position by either side guarentees the death of us all. The choice is clear. Whether the less forward thinking people can get this is entirely another story.
    -----------------------------------
    The few, the proud...the Traders.
    -----------------------------------

Maartens - 220 Mogul and former gadfly of Rimor. Now I'm just a major n00b.

In defeat, malice. In victory, revenge!

The ancient near mythical history lesson is as interesting as the next topic, but it is getting a bit excessive. Glad you finally decided to start suggesting that the hardline Clan terrorists tone their activities down though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kithrak
    First, use proper terminology, 'ponies' are the horses found in the Shadowlands and pose no threat.

One possible reason for not revealing about the presence of an outside threat is because the Clans have created such an unstable situation on Rubi-Ka that this news will cause the millitant and terrorist Clanners increase their attacks and bring more disruptions to the planetary defense net.

At any rate, we will continue to search for and support Phillip Ross.
    I'm not millitant or terrorist....but with information gathered so far this might really be true. Looks like we have Ot to thank for swarms of turists.

Couple of neutral citizens, which due to type of their work wish to remain annonimus, have gathered information, which heavely incriminate OT and Ponnies for this invasion.
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

I "get" what you are trying to say, Mr. Crime. I also "get" that you are wrong, just like you always are.

Do you actually think that an alliance between Omni-Tek and the Clans is tenable? Trying to incorporate your anti-authoritarian guerrillas into our disciplined command control structure would be a recipe for disaster. Fighting these invaders requires that our defending forces act with perfect order and unity every step of the way. There is no time to work out all the fine details of a military agreement, let alone sort out all of the "good" clans from the "bad" clans from the "OK" clans.

The smartest solution to the problem for Omni-Tek would be:

- Recall many of our special forces units from the Shadowlands and put them in areas that are in danger of an alien assault. Those forces combined with Omni-Pol should provide a solid first line of defense.

- Concentrate more OTAF forces in 2HO in order to increase our defenses against a large-scale clan invasion or threats from the territories. Withdraw all ground forces from the northlands, with the exception of Bow Point and Avalon.

- With 2HO reinforced, Omni-Tek will be in a secure yet besieged state. At this point we will have time to find a long term defensive strategy, or possibly even an offensive one. One challenge we would face would be in finding a way to incorporate Newland and Borealis into our defensive plan.

- Leave the clan to look out for their own. I know they will immediately start screaming about how we "left them to die", but if there is one thing on Rubi-Ka we can be sure of it's that the Clans will find a way to adapt. We simply do not have the time or resources to look after the Clans now.
    Last edited by Jacob Stroud; Sep 3rd, 2004 at 02:47:16.
    Administrator Jacob Stroud
    Omni-Tek Department Affiliate Program - Administrative Representative, Rimor

Omni-Administrative Services Special Operations Subdepartment K-62
    Commissioner, RKDC

Why on earth would you put resrouces into a crappy small outpost in the middle of nowhere... you must be off your rocker.
    Whine more plz I feed on your tears

Ethernal- "Friends don't let friends infonet drunk"

My internet is waaaay faster than yours so you can suck my fiberoptic!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast