Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Aliens Invade: Ross Speaks

Aliens Invade: Ross Speaks

Reporter Jamior Hurdian

(OTPC) -- Suddenly a transmission came trough and announced, “Friends, the time has come, we must gather as one. Make your way to either outside Newland, Old Athen hill or the southern end of Rome Red for an important address."

A group of loyal Omni-Tek employee's, as well as myself, headed toward Rome Red. The crowd grew impatient with waiting and upon seeing my hastily placed press badge started to ask me what was going on. My denial of any knowledge about this was ignored. Their attention was diverted when suddenly a message flashed into our NCU of the well-known CEO of Omni-Tek on Rub-Ka, Philip Ross.

Philip Ross: Good evening fellow inhabitants of Rubi-Ka.
    Philip Ross: I come to you this evening with grave news.
    Philip Ross: A hostile enemy force from a race we have not yet encountered has arrived in near planet orbit.
    Philip Ross: They have NOT come in peace and mean to take our homes away from us through violent means.
    Philip Ross: Omni-Tek has been aware of this pending invasion for some time and we have been taking steps to prepare for the defense of the planet.
    Philip Ross: This message was triggered to auto run if any of these enemy ships breach our outer planetary security defenses, as I could not keep the population ignorant of this danger.
    Philip Ross: It is with a sad heart that I find myself off planet speaking to the Board of Directors on Omni Prime about the continuing defense of this planet we all call home.
    Philip Ross: But my friends, we shall be strong and def...
    Ross's transmission was cut and static ensued.

Most of the Omni-Tek employees scoffed at this message. A few believed there was more to the message that never made it to them. One employee by the name of Healteh "Coldshade" Monkeh, A Unit Leader of Band of Brothers, said, "The Chaos embodiments thought they could conquer us in the Shadowlands and they were wrong. Humanity has conquered every foe sent against us. The people of Rubi-Ka are a people bred for battle, trained and tested by the fires of Pandemonium itself. Let the aliens come, they will find us no easy prey" and Carey "Thrashbarg" Belote, a applicant of X-Com, in his disdain brought a valid point. He said, "Did Ross bail out on us? Are we left alone?"

interesting, so this message means that the aliens have already destroyed any orbital defense systems?

I wondered when this occured, and I wonder if that crash that happened not to far back had something to do with this?

Phillip Ross, your Loyalist supporters await your return....
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

I'm slightly curious as to why Ross addressed everybody - not just Omni-Tek employees, but everyone. I was surprised to see the holographic CEO myself, but when he started talking, saying that message, I almost got the feeling he thought of everyone as equals. As if affiliation didn't matter in the face of this, those creatures coming from the sky...

Is the enemy of my enemy my friend?

I remember hearing that somewhere, but nowhere has it held true more than here, it seems. I was never one to discriminate based on side, I know a lot of fine Omni-Tek employees, and even at one point was one myself. But for all those who hate Omni-Tek with a passion.....maybe the time's come to band together against a common enemy?

Who can say? If I know humans, even staring dead in the eyes of an extraterrestial threat, humans will still have conflict within their own ranks to the point of senselessness.

Let's just wait and see.
    220 Finalizer (FINALLY, after 3 years without a single ding!) Nulion, Squad Commander (And Council of Truth Clerical Staffer) of Alpha Omega

Once upon a time, I dreamt I was a butterfly...Suddenly I awoke...Now, I do not know whether I was then
    a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming that I am a man. - Chuang Tzu

Even i agree that it seems the End is apon us. This is the last stand for Rubi-ka. These aliens will show no mercy and destroy us. As Fellow Solitus, Atrox, Opifex, and nanomage. We all must fight off this threat that looms over our heads.
    Whine more plz I feed on your tears

Ethernal- "Friends don't let friends infonet drunk"

My internet is waaaay faster than yours so you can suck my fiberoptic!

Let them come...

X-Com will be ready for them.

This cat and mouse game has gone on too long...

Quote Originally Posted by Kithrak
    Phillip Ross, your Loyalist supporters await your return....
    His return? You have to be kidding... Ross bailed on you! That stunt with the ponies were just a show, to regain some of the support he lost. He can not even gain access to this planet with that alien blocade! And what make you allso sure that the ohh so powerful Omni-Tek armies will stand a chance against these aliens when they just lost an entire defense system? They knew about these aliens, and even with their grand fleet, they did not even care to prepare the planet defenses, nor contact any rival company for help!

This is just another way for Omni-Tek to show how much they care about our planet, screw the humans they say, we can remvoe the aliens afterwards!
    "It's your life. Keep it up! Keep it real!"

Quote Originally Posted by Arila
    His return? You have to be kidding... Ross bailed on you! That stunt with the ponies were just a show, to regain some of the support he lost. He can not even gain access to this planet with that alien blocade! And what make you allso sure that the ohh so powerful Omni-Tek armies will stand a chance against these aliens when they just lost an entire defense system? They knew about these aliens, and even with their grand fleet, they did not even care to prepare the planet defenses, nor contact any rival company for help!

This is just another way for Omni-Tek to show how much they care about our planet, screw the humans they say, we can remvoe the aliens afterwards!

Omni tek is a lot of things...

Omni can be cruel, and heartless, as a corperation at times..

They can be foolish, and selfish... and a whole bunch of other things...

But dont you ever, ever say they did not care... Not after the lives lost today... and NOT before the fight that we still have laid before us...

*regains his composure and goes back to looking at his tactical radar screen, a faint green glow over his face as he scans the maps countless times*

Remember: Aliens attacks from above.
    Get your helmets at
    FIXCOM

open 5 PM to 8 PM weekdays
    pirates. with lasers.
    Are you having an argument on the internet, again?

Gene13 - on a space odyssey since 2001
    XXX - N

Some day your ship will come in, but you will be at the airport.

Quote Originally Posted by Arila
    They knew about these aliens, and even with their grand fleet, they did not even care to prepare the planet defenses, nor contact any rival company for help!
    First, use proper terminology, 'ponies' are the horses found in the Shadowlands and pose no threat.

One possible reason for not revealing about the presence of an outside threat is because the Clans have created such an unstable situation on Rubi-Ka that this news will cause the millitant and terrorist Clanners increase their attacks and bring more disruptions to the planetary defense net.

At any rate, we will continue to search for and support Phillip Ross.
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

What hope can we hold out when we are already bickering amongst ourselves, if we have any hope to survive this, we need to band together and fight as one, however given human nature I doubt that will happen.

Don't get me wrong, I don't advocate giving up, they, whoever they are, will have to pry my blaster out of my cold dead hands and destroy every reclaim terminal on the planet to keep me down. But this pointless squabbling gains us nothing and loses us precious time we could be using to organize a united front.
    Alexander "Talan" Calnid
    Currently AFK, will see you all in a few months
    Advisor of Shattered Dreams ~ My Equipment ~ Bio ~ My AO-Journal
    Alts of Note: "Malta" Desan ~ Equip || Jiro "Stone" Yamato ~ Equip || Jane "Lustywench" Scarlet ~ Equip || Scape ~ Equip

Tsukts: Yeah... You were the naked perv in bor. lol
    Talan: yep that was me
    Tsukts: I still have nightmares about you.

Stop the foolishness and consentrate.

The reason for Mr.Ross not being seen in a while is obvious if you all stop and think. Hes not dead. Hes not enprisoned.
    If, and we must presume this, these aliens are capable of even the slightest logical thinking who do you all think they would go after first?? Yes exactly. Mr.Ross would be the one they would wanna terminate the first.
    Now I dont care if Mr.Ross has gone into hiding on this planet or on Omni-Prime or any other place. He would be able to run operations from any place in this galaxy. Maybe even the next Galaxy.

And finally the real answer to why the Unicorn Company is present on RubiKa.
    The Unicorn Company are Omni-Tek`s finest men and women. As we all know theyre presence is proof that great danger is also present. In times of need and when theres no more places to run these are the troopers I will want to be fighting alongside. Omni-Tek have said it knew about this threat and so they sent the Unicorns. The best ground defence they had. I aplaud the decision.

And for the ones who already have started complaining about Omni-Tek`s fleet not being able to hold our sky safe and clear above Rubi Ka...
    Do you seriously mean to say that you finally have decided to cherish the protection Omni-Tek have provided for this planet?? Now that danger is on your doorstep you have no right to complain unless you are one of the thousands who have fought to protect this planet up u7ntil now. And we shall continue doing so.

Yes the aliens now hold the space witch is the most exterior of our planet. Did they do so without any Omni-Tek ships resistance?? I dont know... Do you?'

We didnt kniow that the board of directors knew about this so we cant really know if they have asked for support from other "rival" companies can we?? Myself and every other "normal" man or woman on this planet cant really say anything about the efforts Omni-Tek have put into defending us all.

I for one am glad to have the support of the entire Omni-Tek machinery in my back when I come face to face with these invaders.

-Omni`s, Neutrals and clanners-
    I am overly confident that any man or woman on Rubi Ka fighting eachother will immediately stop and face the Aliens should they appear. I have no confidence at all in immediate peace however. When the threat is near, humans will turn to a common enemy. When the threat is more distant humans will remember theyre old quarrels like before. Long term peace cannot be built on a common enemy alone. But for short term thinking we must fight together when we can. Only that way can we return Rubi Ka to the way it were...... Or rather, similar to the way it were. Life will never be the way we knew it.
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

Aliens coming to do war upon us is it?

Aliens are likely coming with tech that we haven't seen before, so it won't be long before Omni reverse engineers some of it to work against the Aliens. Of course they won't want to share with the clans, and the clans will say we need the tech to save ourselves, and go and steal it from Omni.

The Aliens will be fought against long and hard is my bet. But because of their new tech, the Omni-Clan war will continue.

Hmmm... seems the nutcases were right about this alien **** after all. Not that I'm saying they're not nutcases, I'm just saying that I now believe they're not so nutty as they used to appear... well, except for a few.
    And who says alien technology will be superior? Sure, it most likely will be different from ours, but you shouldn't automatically assume it's better. We're aliens to them too, you know, and these aliens don't necessarily have to be technologically superior to those they perceive as aliens.
    Last edited by Wisewise; Sep 1st, 2004 at 14:51:22.
    Ward "Wisewise" Kenley.
    Enlightened Omni-Tek employee and pistolero in the proud service of Omni-Pol.

Since April, Omni-Tek has lost nearly one third of its territorial holdings due to continued clan aggression against our defenses. Today, they are displeased that our defensive perimeter has been breached. These defensive structures are expensive to construct and maintain. While the foreknowledge most likely did allow the Corporation to strengthen orbital defenses, certainly a good amount of resources must be shifted to maintain our hold over the operations were trying to preserve in the first place.

To assault our holdings, and then decry our inability to protect you is hypocrisy of the highest caliber.
    Marisha Durousseau, War Dominatrix of The Honored Maidens

Resources exist to be consumed. And consumed they will be, if not by this generation then by some future. By what right does this forgotten future seek to deny us our birthright?--CEO Nwabudike Morgan, "The Ethics of Greed"

Read Marisha's Journal, and see what she's doing

Now all those guerilla warfare and Zero-G/Micro-G combat trainings starts making sense.

What say the Clans? Will you stand with Omni-Tek against this threat?
    Neutrals, this is your chance to show once and for all that Silverstone is wrong.
    "On the frontlines, there is but one commandment...
    Thou Shalt Kill."

"As i stride knee deep through the dead, all is clear. I know what must be done...
    My cause is just...My will is strong...
    ...And my gun is very, very large!"
    The words of a true soldier.

Boss Ross didn't left the planet because of the Alien threat, he left it since last friday (the 27th) because he was extracted by the Pony Company on the orders of the board of OT directors to explain his decision regarding the land owning.

After 30 years as CEO of OTRK, it seems that finally Ross has become a true Rubikian more than a simple Omni. It was his gift to us, even if he knew that eventually this decision would doom his career.
    Now as a clanner, I can finally buy a piece of land, this land where I grew up and raised a family, and Im not gonna let some mechanical bugs burning the house.

So let they come.

(a copy of a security video cam in Omni HQ shows what happened to P. Ross on friday night. You can find it on the http://www.counciloftruth.org / Political corner forum / Philip Ross arrested [statement made by Fantaghiro])
    Emilia Enrima Orender, fixer of First Light
    "Whole idea on fixer is being fast, hard to hit. hard to catch and sleazy person in every way. If rooting gives you edge, do it. If u need to chain root, do it. In pvp u use every tool given to you. You are not a knight in shining armor, you are a gangster and thief. You sure dont have to play fair." Snowlion

I'm not blaming Omni fleets from preventing the aliens from laying siege. However it does seem possible that Omni provoked the attack with thier research and exploration probes.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Quote Originally Posted by Vixentrox
    However it does seem possible that Omni provoked the attack with thier research and exploration probes.
    Without Omni-Tek’s research and exploration, we wouldn’t be having this discussion here on Rubi-Ka. I don’t believe any of us know why the aliens have decided to attack Rubi-Ka. I’ve seen a claim that it may have been due to our actions in the Shadowlands and your claim that it may have been our research probes. It could just be that were the closest planet to them.

We need not blame each other for the aliens presence, or criticize the Omni-Tek orbital defenses. We need to find out why they are here, what their intentions and goals are, and if need be, stop them from ever entering human space.

Human space. It used to just be the universe. How perceptions can change suddenly.
    Marisha Durousseau, War Dominatrix of The Honored Maidens

Resources exist to be consumed. And consumed they will be, if not by this generation then by some future. By what right does this forgotten future seek to deny us our birthright?--CEO Nwabudike Morgan, "The Ethics of Greed"

Read Marisha's Journal, and see what she's doing

Reasons why...

Perhaps this is just speculation, but I recall hearing about a theory that a disturbance in the Shadowlands was created when Rubi-Kans first entered the portals in Jobe. Something about the balance of notum and novictum. I don't think that research and exploration probes would have prompted an attack unless Omni-Tek was researching and exploring the alien territory. Since Mr. Ross has informed us that we have never seen this race before, I believe you may be mistaken, Vixentrox.

Respectfully,
    Lucilla Ginsberg
    Socializer: 80%
    Achiever: 53%
    Explorer: 46%
    Killer: 20%

Lucilla "Mireia" Ginsberg: Fixer on RK1. Proud member of Order of Corporate Templars.
    Ian "Irandrian" McCovery: Trader on RK1. Proud member of Thorns, Inc.

Hi! I'm a signature virus. Please copy me into your signature so that I can spread.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast