Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Philip Ross releases statement on land auctions.

Philip Ross releases statement on land auctions.

Philip Ross
    Omni-Tek Rubi-Ka CEO

August 29478 -- (OTPC) -- Philip Ross released an official statement regarding land auctions.

Fellow citizens of Rubi-Ka, I look out upon you every day and see that each step we take makes us stronger. It can be attributed only to hard work, dedication and loyalty that we have made it this far. You, the loyal citizens of this enigmatic planet, are at the front of the line in making these steps of discovery and exploration. You have all worked hard to forge this barren planet into a place that we can proudly call our home. It is for this reason that I have decided that now is the time that you, the true heroes of this planet, shall reap the rewards of our unrelenting progress.

We all know that Rubi-Ka holds many wonders upon her surface. Such beauty all around us from the depths of the Omni Forest and the endless dunes of the northern deserts to the waterfalls and the rivers of the central plains her landscapes are some of the most diverse in the universe. What once belonged to no one person is now set to be in your hands, the hands of the people who have worked so hard make it what it is today. Each one of you has fought hard to claim this planet as rightfully ours, and now, you may claim a small piece of land as rightfully and legally your own. Citizens of Rubi-Ka, this is my gift to you. We have all been waiting for this day.

This, my friends, is a formal announcement. As a gesture of my absolute appreciation for everything that you, the inhabitants of Rubi-Ka, have done to make this world what it is today. Let it be known that soon selected plots of only the most pristine Omni-Tek land shall be opened up for auction. You have earned your credits, and now, I present you with something worth spending those credits on. Any one of you with the capacity, either alone or en masse, to purchase these plots of land shall have full ownership of them, with no restrictions. This was always our land; now it can be yours.

how typical Ross! Instead of addressing the more important issues, such as peace, then the fool declear that he is willing to sell out lands... why? Aint the coffiens big enoguh for the Omni-Sheep Company already?
    "It's your life. Keep it up! Keep it real!"

Quite right, Arila! I am certain the Clans will never stoop so low as to buying and selling land. Let this be one sin only Omni-Tek employees are guilty of!
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Fixerben snickers as he reads the news.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

hmm.. i think we have to buy anyways if we want our own city in AI
    Rerolled old toon:
    Catosan - TL6 Adventurer - MeleeMonkey
    Shixxer - TL3 Fixer - In training
    Marthechan - TL2 Bureaucrat - In training
    Facepool - TL1 Enforcer - In training

Hanging around since: 2001-12-30 15:33:24

I am not retreating - I am advancing in another direction.

Hmm ...I was under impression OT only has lease on Rubi-Ka, and thus can't be given out to either employees or anyone else....futher more I doubt bad boy Ross has autority to do this within OT, after all he seem unable to control which troops are employed on planet....or just don't dare to take responsibility for that Ponny action.

On a side note :
    Quote Originally Posted by Editor: OTPC
    Philip Ross
    Omni-Tek Rubi-Ka CEO

What once belonged to no one person is now set to be in your hands, the hands of the people who have worked so hard make it what it is today. Each one of you has fought hard to claim this planet as rightfully ours, and now, you may claim a small piece of land as rightfully and legally your own.
    Some employees already did that....remember miners....nice parcel 7ft below.
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

Quote Originally Posted by Trgeorge
    Hmm ...I was under impression OT only has lease on Rubi-Ka, and thus can't be given out to either employees or anyone else...
    I'm sure Ross and other OT people worked this out with the ICC ahead of time...there is probally some long legal document filed somehwere...but it would make you're head implode unless you happen to be a lawyer. And this is Rubi-Ka...lawyers don't last any longer than a clean Clanner...so nobody outside of Omni-HQ will be making sense of this agreement anytime soon.
    Glarawyn L220 OT Adventurer
    It's good to be furry.
    ----
    Lilredhot L220 OT Enforcer
    Don't mind me, I tank without a helmet.
    ----
    Gunslinger19 L150 OT Soldier
    There's a word for people who think everyone's out to get them: perceptive.

As usual clans take a gift and put a spin for their anti-corporate propaganda.
    Meldaeyn
    220 Omni Meta-Physicist on Rimor
    As long as the enemies of the corporation still draw breath, there can be no peace.

It looks to me more like a call to war than anything else, spouting who deserves what.
    "A Glimmering wind came
    down from the North. It’s
    sting was without pain, but
    death came no less brutal;
    Thier minds beyond recovery - clouded by conceit and lies."

Man is AI land gonna be auctioned? I hope not because we dont really whana spend tons of cash against nemesis and stuff o.0!

He didn't say it was just for Omni. Is OT-RK subleasing this? Jacobi of Vanguard was working a deal with the ICC too. Wonder how this ties in.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

You know what? I think it's time everyone stopped looking a gift bronto in the mouth. This may not be the answer to all of the problems we face, it isn't a cure for aging, it isn't world peace (though I doubt such a thing can EVER happen as long as a single human lives), but it's something. This kind of mindless bickering and finger pointing is what got us all in this mess to begin with, over 500 years ago. Instead of digging a deeper hole for ourselves, I suggest we start on a ramp out.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a house to buy.
    Slowly, one by one, the penguins rob me of my sanity
    Anualken Gimped old engineer.

Omni-Tek Protects.
    Me, as drawn my MrFli.

Old Engineers never die... they only fade away.

Heh well seems to be a nice gesture, giving back to the people who empower, but i guess that isnt good enough for some people who are never content with anything, and complain about everything. Im sure a few of the posters on here will lend a prime example to that, but I dont believe this is not a new concept so clanner fanatics please keep your pants on and we can all be happy. Who knows maybe you too will get some land (just hopefully somewhere in Wailing Wastes)
    Executive and Spiritual leader of the Role playing juggernaut that is Dark Front.

How to kill an agent in under 6 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Rak View Post
    It'll be awesome like second life where you see 12foot tall penises walking around and furries will have a strong foothold in Omni Ent

Quote Originally Posted by Savoy
    Quite right, Arila! I am certain the Clans will never stoop so low as to buying and selling land.
    Ya right, you're greedier than we are, it just pains you to admit it. You'll probably be one of the first to put stakes on land when Mr. Ross opens these up.
    lol hehe wtf pwnt bbq

Quote Originally Posted by Trgeorge
    Some employees already did that....remember miners....nice parcel 7ft below.
    700 years ago - GET OVER IT.
    lol hehe wtf pwnt bbq

I'll offer 100.000 credits for Omni 2.

The way that beautiful city has been abused by those clan terrorists have seriously degraded the value.

I wont pay a nickel for that dump Tir.
    Gontrokka 155 Enforcer
    When the going gets tough, the others start running!

Captain Baxie Orbin 204 Trader
    - Baby, you look good enough to eat!

Countezz 23 Adventurer
    - Who'd have thought a Steve Irwin wannabe could kick so much ass!

"Baby, you look good enough to eat!"

Quote Originally Posted by Skankman
    ... so clanner fanatics please keep your pants on and we can all be happy.
    Quite the opposite of what you usually say, Skanky!

Anyways, I think Ross should have said "All land to be given away free to the clans " then they naturally would disagree vehemently with him, and say "How DARE Ross try to give us all this land for free!"

Silly clanners, they dont stand FOR anything, just AGAINST what Omni-Tek does.

Too bad Ross cant fight against perma-death for clanners, then Omni wouldnt have to fight them anymore, the clans would be perma-deathing themselves en masse just to spite him!

/laugh as I enjoy the spoils of war (Nice view from Jobe Lux)
    Bitcoin and the ACA are Ponzi schemes. MMMmm, sounds like pizza.

Just as I read somewhere, this is more of a War Declaration against the Clans in hiding. What makes Ross think that he has won this war? Perhaps he is betting all his hopes on these ignorant Unicorn? Either way, he is just a stupid Diplomatic Puppet.
    "I have no idea what you're talking about.."

Glenn "Stefano" Kyren - Lieutenant of The Black Company, Grandmaster Assassin for the Clans and proud supporter of Silverstone and the Sentinels.

Romulus "Arnthem" McChristian - Trigger Happy Soldier for the Company.

''The Wraiths never die, merely fade away. Only to appear when someone least expects it.'' - Shrine of the Wraith

The Black Company Forums
    Roleplaying Profile of Glenn "Stefano" Kyren

So nice of Ross to give us something we have already. I'll remember to send him a card on his spawnday.
    BigGreen
    Advisor of Rising Phoenix
    www.risingphoenix.org

current setup

All this claners are dirty animals and destroyed citys stuff from omni employes is getting realy boring! And again a repeat myself Omni-2 no longer exists now its called Old Athen! Get used to it! Whe sould get used to omni atroxitis from 700 hundred years ago but ur not getting used to the present! Omnis are so stuck up! You see yourself so superior! Well your not! Get used to that 2!
    Blood and Bullets! Yeah! Die stupid enf! OH ****! my gun is jammed! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh........... (dead)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast