Thread: A pronoun has been chosen -- statement on formal partnerships

A pronoun has been chosen -- statement on formal partnerships

Recognizing that the default pronoun for Atrox, being non-gendered individuals, is "it", I have recently formed a desire to be thought of as something more than non-sentient tools for resting one's body.

I.e., I'm more than furniture! I'm a person, and desire to be recognized as such.

Recognizing that men are, in general, taller and stronger than women, and recognizing that I am both considerably taller and considerably stronger than most, I have determined that I shall henceforth be referred to by the use of the masculine pronoun.

I.e., I'm not an "it"! From now on (when talking about me) say, "He said ..." rather than "It said ..."

Thank you,
    Jobekeeper64
    Last edited by Banaticus; Sep 1st, 2004 at 01:22:28.

A burden is always lighter when it can be shared by another. I have found such a lightening of emotional burdens to be desirable. Likewise, I have found that the anticipation of the practice of shaing emotion is desireable as well.

Joy in another‘s accomplishments, pleasure at seeing another person succeed, the joy of sharing, the simple joy of living itself. These are profound live=changing emotions that either can only be enjoyed in the company of others, or are heightened when shared with another person.

It is a basic quality of the universe that certain objects and experiences inspire certain emotions. A raging river cascading over a grand cliff, showering down to the rocks a kilometer below, can not but inspire awe at the awesome force and power inherent in the grand majesty of nature.

The sense of partnership that comes from a formal declaration further cements the bonds of trust and fellowship that can develop between individuals.

As such, I wish to declare a formal partnership with at least one other individual. I desire, to put it in layman's terms, to become married.

Recognizing my non-gendered status, such a desire to join together with another person in a formal partnership of trust and commitment seemed fruitless when considering certain mariatal activities. However, advances in implant-technology, and nano-engineering would seem to render such hesitations moot.

Recognizing also that (from my studies) it would appear that the most successful of formally declared partnerships (i.e. marriages) are based on more than carnal acts, there seem to be no innate obstacles to my entering into a formal partnership.

These are things that I have long thought about, and I wish now to speak more from the heart. In an attempt to meet the person(s) that I would be most compatible with I invite others to post something about themselves in a reply to this message. I would ask that you consider the following questions as you do so.

Do you enjoy the inner feeling of joy, the feeling of . . . rightness in the universe that comes with helping a person succeed at a task? Do you enjoy a feeling of oneness with the universe that comes when you share in another‘s sorrow, and by so sharing, lessen it? Do you enjoy the peace and contentment that comes when sharing another person's joy?

I hope to hear from those who are also interested in entering into a formal partnership -- a partnership to uphold, protect, and honor the other individual.

I bid you all good day,
    Jobekeeper64

Holy crap... you must be one damn smart atrox...

Also i didnt think you guys had um... well uhh... you know... thoes things.
    Whine more plz I feed on your tears

Ethernal- "Friends don't let friends infonet drunk"

My internet is waaaay faster than yours so you can suck my fiberoptic!

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Kranden
    Also i didnt think you guys had um... well uhh... you know... thoes things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Banaticus
    However, advances in implant-technology, and nano-engineering would seem to render such hesitations moot.
    Such ... umm, you know, things, seemed to be able to give great pleasure to many individuals. Consequently, I frequented certain ... shops ... until I found some which catered to the needs of those like myself, and to the needs of those interested in trying ... the, umm ... other side.

As regards intelligence, to properly use the multiple levels of functions built into the most basic of Jobe armor an IQ of at least 300 is required. Death and subsequent regeneration is rather annoying, to say the least (understatement of the year, right?). Accordingly, I have had myself modified to make the best use of those many, many functions (I've undergone several surgeries which increased my intelligence).

You need to talk to slots in New land desert. I think he would reward you most greatly if you gave him the name of thoes doctors.

(OOC: you should make an Atrox Liberation front :P lol, that would be hardcore.))

Quote Originally Posted by Kranden
    You need to talk to slots in New land desert. I think he would reward you most greatly if you gave him the name of thoes doctors.
    ((Since those doctors are not advertising in public channels, you have to assume either Omni-tek or ICC has outlawed the surgery. There's potential for a series of events that ARK will never touch.))

Cool

((OOC: Actually, that was my roleplaying justification for why Jobekeeper64's intelligence score is rising. I was thinking a while ago why a person would be getting smarter just because he was fighting monsters. You know, fight monsters, pop a level, get more skill points, and suddenly Jobekeeper64's much more intelligent. There had to be some out-of-game reason, so ... surgery.))

(It could be battle strategy and tactics. Or knowledge about the fauna of RK. I dunno. Just some alternatives.)
    Gee...another expansion that I'm not interested in...maybe it's a hint? O.o

Eeky: Cz how much beer would I have to provide to you, to have you water balloon the people responsible for last patch?

Cz: I would never consider such a horrible proposal! (I'll have my people contact your people.)

((OCC btw stumfuast and ninj00 are getting married ^^ so much for the male pronoun <3))

(( OOC: well two males can get married, at least in my country )))
    Lady Raydente Orlando
    Doctor 209 (15) Equip
    Proud Executive of HUGE, Inc

Also known as:
    Priestess Elving Orlando | Master Raymer Orlando | Shadoray |

Semi-Retired