Thread: two ideas ..ermm

two ideas ..ermm

i think AO is the first game to introduce Flying vehicles..actually Flying "anything" for that matter...it would be cool to introduce Flying animal beasts to ride on in AO as well, and even grounded animal beasts...yeh its a sci-fi setting, but even in the future it doesn't necessarily have to be a Vehicles only thing...
    wouldn't it be great to see someone riding a horse..or a flying horse..or a flying dragon lookish creature?..etc..heh...or how bout a giant "leet" to ride on..and it can roll on its sides while your still on it and you basically get crushed to death..but o well...its funny and cute too maybe...

i wish the IPR thing was unlimited...this would allow the player to refocus their characters and prolong a characters funness or whatever..and i dont mean unlimited total IPR..i mean unlimited IPR for single skills, but like only effecting Misc things like 1h blunt, 2h Edge, any kind of weapon skills, and trade skills like weapon smithing and also skills like vehicle ground...cause you know that you wont be needing that skill once u get your yalm one day if you work hard enough for it..and then realizing those several IP points is lost to you which you earned rightfully...nothing like the Stamina or agility skills though..etc..or maybe you could..dunno....so like as a martial artist, you probably dont have enough IPs to spend on trade skills but you really want to do some trade skills...like raising weapon smithing...and creating a whole new character just for doing a certain trade skill is cumbersome...so even a martial artist could make jewelry..etc and then reset the skill points for combat when needed....of course i assume trade skills will be dark blue to MAs...so they probably wont be able to make better jewelries then those who have green skills for them, which makes sense, but atleast MAs will be able to make some jewelries in their limited dark blue skill ability anyhow.... so its all good still...and then you can reset your trade skills and use your IP on combat skills whenever u want to go hunting using ALL kinds of varieties of weapons since you know that you can wield any 1h blunts, 2h edges..etc..and funcom could make all kinds of really good 1h blunts, 2h edges..etc for you to fiddle with, and with every battle you could be using different weapons all the time....that would be pretty cool...i mean who says you can't wield variety of weapons all at once?..well it seems AO says you can't atm...heh...and even in situations where you find out this one monster is weak to chemical attacks..so u happen to have this chemical damage 1hs weapon, so u take your points from your 1h blunt and into your 1hs skill...

i think this can work with careful planning...o well..just dont see anything negative about it then giving that character that you have spent sooo much time on more options to fiddle with and just have more fun....well i hope i sparked up atleast "some" kind of idea into you Funcom...

edit: only reason i was thinking of this..was about the AC2 thing..it sounds like their skill system is very superior...they allow you to reclaim your skill points and put it into something else..refocusing your character ..allowing your character to go another way once you get too bored going this one certain way...but also superior in that there is no such thing as the most optimum way...which i see in AO apprently...like i can see that with Each class in AO you can go 1 or 2 or whatever ways..but theres always seem to be that one certain "best" way that most people like to take..i think this thing happens when you make choices that are permanent, IP points are permanently in that skill once u put it in, of course Funcom did give us limited amount of reset skill points..but once that runs out..o well...or atleast i know that once you become for example: a Bow using MA, you will be stuck being a Bow using MA 4-ever, until i suppose if what i read was true you get IPs coming out of your ears at lvl 150+ or so...and u can max your skills in 1hs..etc to wield those kinds of weapons?...but if Funcom can somehow implement a way to make this possible in the lower lvls where IP isn't too abundant..it would be cool..and not just the higher lvls..but like i said, i think it could be just funner to use variety of weapons to choose and wield with in the low lvls without IP problems..since u can reset 1hs..etc unlimited amount of times..
    Last edited by Narchy; Jun 21st, 2002 at 15:33:00.