Thread: 13.4 : Nano-Technician changes

13.4 : Nano-Technician changes

Nope, sorry.

You're still gonna run out of nano before killing anybody in PvP

You're still gonna get fried by mobs when they close in way to fast after your root/charm fails at 40m

You're still gonna run out of nano before killing a green mob in the late game (150+?)

You're still never gonna see Nullify Sphere

You're still gonna heal mobs with some of your DoT's

-------

On the bright side, we've managed to boost the MPs even more!
    The pen is mightier than the sword, you say? Very well, get out your pens, essay writers, and prepare to have your logic tested by steel!

Patch Additions:

- Added a new line of "Tissue" Nanoprograms for NT's.

- Added the Auto-Whine line of formulas!

It is our hope that this will reduce the incident of carpal tunnel syndrome in players that constantly post complaints about how gimped NTs are.

Expect to see the new general nano (Ignore-Whine) in the next patch!
    Former Omni Prime Minister, The Hand of Chronos- aohoc.tripod.com

Originally posted by Spookymonster
    - Added the Auto-Whine line of formulas!

It is our hope that this will reduce the incident of carpal tunnel syndrome in players that constantly post complaints about how gimped NTs are.

Expect to see the new general nano (Ignore-Whine) in the next patch!
    I see.

Well then, I guess my theory was wrong.

I had hoped that by only putting in a bare minimum of words would reduce pointless flames. I didn't put any opinion into my original post. If I had wanted to whine, I would have put that NT's were supposed to be the first ones fixed. But they wern't. (Oh, ****. I think that was a whine?!)

I just want someone at funcom to acknowledge that their first 'fixed' class is still majorly broken. Mages are supposed to get stronger with levels, not weaker.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, you say? Very well, get out your pens, essay writers, and prepare to have your logic tested by steel!

Problem is m8 that the FC sycophants will always start yapping when an NT posts about problems. See they like us as we are (broken and gimped) because they can nurse their snide grins and superiority complexes with total impunity.

Then again they may be right, according to the general criminally misinformed playerbase and the Funcom Dev team, there's nothing wrong with NT's that needs fixing. See despite the recent nerf-o-thon on our class we are, allegedly, still the Gods of Rubi-Ka and anyone that says otherwise is just a snivelling whining git with no life and a terminal case of loseritis. Apparently.

Whatever.
    NT's are Gods. No really we are. What are you lot laughing at???

Level 220 Clan NT. Proud member of JVC

My equipment

Problem is m8 that the FC sycophants will always start yapping when an NT posts about problems. See they like us as we are (broken and gimped) because they can nurse their snide grins and superiority complexes with total impunity.
    The problem is that every time a NT whines, they seem to feel the need to bring up metas.

Consider the fact that metas were, by far, the most gimped, ineffective and buggy profession prior to the patch that gave them 2 pets and fixed many of their nanos.

Did you see massive whines on these forums when NTs could exploit their range (killing mobs out of melee range with zero risk) and nuke mobs without aggro (zero risk) from 2 rooms away in missions?

I think people would support nanotechs if they would stop screaming for nerfs on other professions.

Should NTs get a range advantage?
    Yes they should. A max range of 45-55m for NTs could be implement on the test dimension

Should NTs have have a larger nanopool than other professions?
    Yes they should. They are the only profession that is 100% reliant on nanopool to deal damage. Maybe a new line of nanos that buffs max nanopool.

Should Nanotechs have a lower resist/fumble rate?
    I don't see why not. As I mentioned above, NTs are 100% reliant on nano to deal damage. A few resists and fumbles equals failure for a NT. If a melee/ranged/pet profession has a few rounds of 'blackholes' it usually means the fight is prolonged a by 15-25 seconds.

Should Nullity sphere be more common?
    Yes. It's currently the rarest nano/instruction disc in game by a huge margin. The drop rate of Carbon Rich Rock could also be increased

I'll cross post this in the NT forum and see if anyone else has some good suggestions.

I love ya, miiir! You're a better case for NT's than most of the NT's that post (*coughnanostealthcough*).

I never point to metas when looking at the NT downsides or whatever, I usually point out glaring problems (like bugs; we have nanos that extend all of our nanos past the range cap; nanopool impossibilities for killing purposes; ect).

Although, I'd have to say crats had it worse than MPs (after a few bug-fixing rounds, anyways).

All I was trying to point out with this post is that the very first class to get "fixed" never got fixed. The nanotech was top of the list, and then meta's completely usurped them. I'm not saying that this is a particular bad thing (I have a meta, too), but I wish NT's got as much luvin' as MPs have gotten.

Thumbs up

Miir, good post, and thank you for cross-posting it to another forum. I'll add a reply there to the points you brought up.

MiKEBoND, Spookymonster, please refrain from those comments on a valid issue. They are funny to some, but also very frustrating to others. And frustrating the users of this bulletin board is my job, ok?

spydr, I'm sorry I didn't catch the comments before. I'll be faster on the 'reply' button in the future. But please refrain from trying to sneak certain words (like the s-word) through the filter, ok?

Cz

PS: Miir's post can be found here: http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...?threadid=3373

Oh pft, after seeing several high level NT's in action, their class is definately fixed compared to some.

Ie - Fixers, Crats.
    Miirs suggestions however, are good.

Originally posted by MiKEBoND
    Oh pft, after seeing several high level NT's in action, their class is definately fixed compared to some.
    Ah, but compared to another fixed class?

The point is we were supposed to be fixed first. In fact, the first of the class-fixing patches was originally called the Nanotech patch. Then MP's stole the limelite and are now fixed (give or take, I'm no MP, so I can't say)

And yes, miiir is an intelligent person. Lots better than *some* NT's I could name (Not that I would, mind you).

Okay, okay, I'll give you a hint.

NanoXXXXXXX

You want another one? Fine.

XXXXStealth

Yea It would be funny if FC deleted his NT on account of how horribly gimped he thinks we are.

Did you here that Cz.. Delete his NT... Give him a Doctor With a Gun!!

He whines too darn much anywayz