Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ganking hard for me lately

I ganked Caol one time... then i woke up and discovered i wasn't the uber Docter profession he hates pvp'ing... but a nanomage NT. Ah what silly dreams i have =)

hehe i see mostly the same faces . i talk to the ones who fight and dont send the stupid messages after and frankly most of the high lvl pvpers i see are really cool omni and / clan ,ok we all have our off days
    but comon pvp is meant to be FUN not a childish flame game,
    its hard to get new lower lvl pvper cause theres sooo many lvl 180+ pvpers just waiting to smack them down and it can get a bit boring going to 2ho go through whompa *oh look whompa campeds LAGGGg oh hello reclaim*search for buffs samething again=)
    but anyway im enjoying pvp still, would love for there to be more of it .
    i must say i remember drzand in 2ho when i was 80 and it being my first time pvping he was lvl 140+ god he was uber and i got droped so hard but was soo much fun
    well to all you petty flamers out there pls grow up play the game as it meant to be played for FUN ,if you die deal with it and comeback and get revenge
    end of rant

Not having people to gank is a direct result of ganking itself. I have always wanted to pvp, did for a bit before 75 and occasionally since then. I think the reason I haven't given it up is because my first pvp fight was a very close loss and there were no gankers around. Since then I've won some, lost more, but there are those times when you do duel someone and its a clean fight and even if I lose, I'm not bitter about it.

Fact is that people come in the arena the first time and get 3 shot killed or ganked or something to that effect. Maybe they try again, but they always just end up pissed off. If someone is out ganking people for titles eventually they will run out of target cause a lot of the time the ganker is turning a potential pvper against it. How many times have we seen people come on this forum and go off about being ganked or rooted in a yalm or whatever. Sure, that's a valid "tactic", but that still turns people against the pvp aspect of this game. Of course, 2ho and mmd and those areas like them are a free for all, but a guy can't even go in the arena and have a fight with his friend. Do you really expect people to just keep coming to the arenas to get shot in the back or what have you?

Yesterday, I was in the arena and had a duel with an adv. We go in, we fight it out and I win with about 30% of my hp left. Then Gravyomlet uncloaks and attacks. Of course, I lost, and he was omni. Technically there is nothing wrong with that, but if I was new to the whole pvp thing, that alone would have probably turned me against it. I sent him a tell asking if he'd like to have a duel and no reply, asked again, same thing. People can go on about this isn't about being honorable and all that, but if you want to fight people and get new people into pvp, you can't be so sorry about things.

In my opinion, titles are the cause of a lot of it. I'm sure when FC implemented the title system, they wanted a way for those good at fighting to have a badge of sorts. The way it is now, for the most part, its who can die the least and run around shooting people in the back while they're fighting someone else.

I roled an enforcer to mess around with a bit when I get tired of having to get millions of xp to level my trader. When I talked to the true noobs, a lot of them say the same thing " I would like to pvp, but I'm not all twinked up" or " I went to the arena or heard about how people just get ganked all the time".

Let me be clear that I'm not making an argument against ganking. It's a part of the game, but it is also a big part of why more people don't pvp.

Xera
    Xeraseus

Why do I keep playing? *edit* disreguard, ditched this game *edit*

Why Can't Chown Save?

Biding my time until the time is right........

Ahh, I remember way back on rk2 when I was the second omni doc to get rookie.

Back then I could barely survive alphas, it was way more exciting than today, which sucks.

I remember that the first time I got freshman was when I stacked DOTs on some soldier before I died, and when I went to the reclaim I had freshman so I guess they finsished him off .
    Suupaslap Master 10th Dan--Rk2
    Smugglerguy Ickle baby fixer--Rk2

What's ganking have to do with friends?

If youre my friend, and youre omni, i'll still gank you. Its just, afterwards we can chat and have fun talking about it. Rather than talking pointless smack.

It really is fun to gank friends. I suggest more people try it.
    {Beyond the Drunken Master, is the Plastered Master} Lilasiandude 216 MA
    Proud Member of Storm, and the Betty Ford Clinic

-Sllammer 216 enf. - Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank! Click!

BE STORM

Re: Re: Ganking hard for me lately

Originally posted by Ymodem-G

Remember the good ol' day's where Pistol Advents could ruin any class in the game?

PVP was very fun then

7k Aimedshots arn't fun.
    Ye i remember those days also adventuer with riffel was fun to pvp with everyone thought i am agent FP adventurer .
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12