Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Lag Issue in Baboons.

stop the lag!

(for some reason it thinks im deegee, when its obvious to anyone who knows me that im really hal)

i dont know if theres still hope of saving our beloved babs, but heres a try at keeping hope alive. babs is the most awesome club on rubi-ka, and its sad that it languishes unused because of lag. for whatever reason. maybe its the door, maybe its trying to draw everything whether you see it or not. either way, shouldnt -someone- from fc take a look at it and see how to fix it? please? please?? *makes big leet eyes* 0.0

i understand that there are other projects being worked on. but unless someone takes the initiative and makes babs a personal pet project, someone like, oh, say, a greeny who said hed look into it and ghot lots of praise for it (hint hint), the issue will always be buried under the pile of whatever funcom is planning on doing as their next big thing.

(wow...i talk too much dont i?)

thank you
    Into every generation.....(yada, yada, yada....).....

BUMP!

I'm interested...

make it work

Originally posted by Thyme
    *~B~U~M~P~*

Keeping hope alive!!!

I picture lil lag monsters running around holding up signs that read... " Hell No!! We wont go!!! "

~*~
    Oh yah, don't go in there. The Super Uber Duper Ninja Attack Team is in there killing all the lag monsters. Can't go in, cause they're all wailing on their guitars, and they'll make you explode.
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

Bump

Because we care™

215/15 | Lagerlad Atrox Adventurer | eqp | Mostly indestructible
    214/13 | Xpie Atrox Meta-physicist | eqp | Supernova!
    Member of Ragnarok

bump fix babs
    ~I am the Virtual Virus

I'll bump but...

... you guys DO realize this will Nevver be fixed, right? If FUncom hasn't taken the time to take care of this in 2 years, it's not likely to happen anytime soon. Hey, we still have black doors, rubberbanding, Storm... I mean why start now?
    | Jearic | Jaxi | Deadender | Deev |

I'll tell you why...because we've also been ranting for new social items for years now, and we just recently got them (in the form of new shades and a few new hats...not much but it's something).

Roleplay patches are rare, but possible. While this is a technical issue as far as lag, it is occuring in a RolePlay area--hence, as far as FC is concerned, this is a RolePlaying issue. And that's something that's at the bottom of their priority list.

That's understandable, considering that for every roleplayer you have complaining about some limiting social aspect of the game, you have 3 or 4 HUNDRED different kids screaming because their weapon got nerfed. Priorities lay in the numbers, and while Anarchy Online has one of the highest numbers of RolePlayers than any other game in the MMORPG genre, there is still a relatively small fraction of us compared to the powergamers.

So all we can do is hang tough, keep up our forum petitions for content changes and RP-bug fixes, and eventually it just might happen.
    --The connections that enable us to learn are infinitely more important than our state of knowing.

From a first glance at the ridiculously high prices of the new hats and glasses, once must assume they were implemented as a money sink more then anything else.

There are much more practical money sinks though that can be implemented.

1) Apartment grid terminal - cost 100mill. this gets you grid to one location

for every 50 mill afterwards you get one new location

for really far away locations, add higher prices..

2) Apartment beds/chairs/tables/carpeting

This stuff could be very costly and a great money sink as well

3) A chest in apt to be used like a bank for storage in the home.

4) Make refrigerators work .

Its an sure thing, the lag in Baboons is very hard to assum specialy if you will try to move, then dancing requiere some great luck
    Tirean on Rubika 1 and 2

Proud fixer of the Clan Org AiR.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234