Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lag Issue in Baboons.

Arrow Lag Issue in Baboons.

Not sure if this is the right place for posting this, If I am wrong please forgive and point my lil self to the right spot?

The lag in the night club Baboons is pretty bad. A few of us have run about the club and tested it. the most pingage we get is when the door from the DJ booth- to the back office opens. Is there away to perhaps close this door up for good? I dont think it would kill anyone to walk around it. A few people say it is all the NPC's. Babs is such a cool bar - so pretty!! its a shame everyone cant go there because of lag issues.

This is the top of my wish list for Rubi-Ka christmass.
    Thank you for your time.
    *~*THYME*~*
    ~*Taboo's Views On Templus*~
    " "He is just a moron .You know he really isnt in the military, he is a 48 y/o man living in his parents basement who cant get laid & therefore hates all women and feels he has to belittle them because he cant get his lil peepee wet"

Bump for fixing the lag in Baboons! Get rid of that door!
    Trellame
    Legitimate businessman
    Board Member | The Black Company
    www.the-black-company.net
    Founder & Former President | The Mockers
    trellame@anotherwebboy.com

Exclamation Door-hell

Most people have heard me mutter something about sending out a death squad for the door in Baboons - The place is nice, but people avoid it due to the heavy lag - there must be some way to improve it - if possible, block or remove the damn scene door. Anything - as long as it works. It's not fair to the many people that actually like the place, and enjoy the company.

Baboons is a wonderful bar, please fix that door!

Baboons has always been probably the best club on Rubi-Ka, and from day 1 its by far the buggiest. Back during hell month I would hide in Baboons because I found a way past the door bug that would send you bouncing to the roof and smashing you back to the floor, repeat to infinite. The lag in Baboons is bad, its actually worse at times then zones with 20x the number of people.

As is there are only a few places for people to get together and be social, Reets, Neuters, The Happy Rebel, The club near the CoT building in Tir (Name slips my mind), The Dancing Atrox, The Rompa, and Baboons. Baboons doesn't draw the number of people it could because they feel like they're in Newland or Broken Shores. Something I've been wanting since my first few months here is to have all these other Clubs and restaurants open up. AO is a social game first and formost, giving the players more than the few places we have now will draw more people away from endless missions and hopefully enjoy themselves, and maybe, just maybe, pulling a few more Roleplayers out of the masses of Powerlevelers out there.

Fix the lag in Baboons, Give us more options as to where to go.

My 2 cents

all in favor say AYE
    *raises hand* AYE

Originally posted by Seppubot
    all in favor say AYE
    *raises hand* AYE
    Yarrr!!!~11
    Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.

Baboon's Lag

I agree with the statement above from Thyme, the lagg in Baboons is really terrible, to the point it actually interfers with my stream when i'm broadcasting from the DJ booth in the Main area, this is not a good thing as the music breaks up for the listeners, and the listeners is why us DJ's at Gridstream Productions broadcast our live shows. All the Dj's have this problem with th lag at Baboon's, playing tracks and moving about is made very difficult, which is a dissapointment as we enjoy doing shows from Baboon's as much as we do from any of the other night clubs.

Please try and resolve this problem as it would increase the peoples enjoyment of the experience.
    Last edited by Rythum; Jun 22nd, 2002 at 11:58:52.
    Kinky FM ! The only place to get your rocks off !!
    DJ for Gridstream Poductions
    www.gridstream.com

It really is a shame that such a beautiful and large club like Baboons doesn't attract more people simply because of the lag - and that's exactly why they don't go there more often. When they do go there, everyone congregates in the back room as the main dance floor is just too much for most people.
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Laggy Ol' Baboons

By does Thyme know what she is talking about or what...

There is nothing quite like going to a club to socialize and having stop action lag interfer with your movements and your chatting. I am all for whatever changes need to be done to reduce the lag at Baboons. It is a great club, and the only one that comes complete with a DJ booth (which is perfect for the DJs of GridStream Productions).

So let's place a quality level 500 lock on that door and get the lag taken care of! (=
    Last edited by Wyldthing; Jun 22nd, 2002 at 19:27:19.
    ~*~ Wyldthing
    Director of GridStream Productions
    Bringing the best in Live entertainment to all of Rubi-ka!

Assistant Manger of Reets Retreat in Stret West Bank (RK1)

Stick it.
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

Cool

I concurr with this more than I have with anything else, seeing as this is the first time I have EVER posted on the main forum.

I have been running through Baboon's when there was no one but me, and when I approach that god-forsaken door, I would freeze for a couple of seconds out of whatever it is that causes this phenomenon... and to drive that point, this is *When No One Was There*; so you can imagine how it would be during an event or a party, right? I don't have to imagine.. I've actually lived through the hell of freezing every few seconds from that beastly doorway.

What would really rock would be to remove a small portion of that wall, too... maybe have an archway or something... hell, do a bit of remodeling, seeing as it's come under new managership, and redesign those 'catchy' stairwells leading to level two. ^_^

But at the very least, knock out the door... or lock it or something. I don't suppose, that there would be any chance you could get this done in maybe, 14.4 days...? 8}

BUMPSTER!

And, on that list of Bars, don't forget The Cup in West Athen. That is my favorite little bar. Just your quiet neighborhood corner bar. Very cool.
    Chaingu
    Clan Explorer
    Rubi-ka Geographical Society
    "Because it's there!"

baboons is a great spot and I love it, I hate that people don't go there because of a technical problem.
    Atlantean Soldier.

Director of Obsoleet (@.@)/'

Originally posted by Argamemnon
    I concurr with this more than I have with anything else, seeing as this is the first time I have EVER posted on the main forum.
    I first post here in an FSAA thread, and look how I turned out!
    Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.

First off, I love Baboons! For Omni's, there is no better place for socializing, because of it's central location, it's large dance floor, and seating and tables both in the bar and upstairs. Being such a perfect setting for the night life on Rubi-Ka, it's a shame that for most of the time, it's empty. I cringe when I need to meet someone In Baboons.

The lag problem is killing the best club on Rubi-Ka, and if we can receive a little relief by having you lock a door, or partially remove a wall, then please consider doing so.
    Hattie "Ditzie" Wagner
    Director of "Devil's Advocate"
    A Division of "Omni-Reform"

*bump*

Come on Funcom, give us social things to do! Fix the lag! Fix apartments!

GRRRRRRRRRRR
    Nietya

Level 77 Clan fixer.

Trellame ought to be sainted or made a deity or something. I mean, seriously.

I'd absolutely love to see Baboon's become less laggy. At big parties it's completely unbearable.

Major bumpage in hopes that a few simple changes are made to correct the issue!
    --The connections that enable us to learn are infinitely more important than our state of knowing.

Lag is an issue in Babs, and all it would take to fix most of the problem is locking the door to the green room. Babs is a nice Club, and the only one in Ent that an really host large parties (Rompa being so small and all). So Give this Thread a bump so we can get this little issue taken care of
    Last edited by Taboo; Jun 24th, 2002 at 01:33:33.

Yes Please bump the fix on it!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast