Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ICC – Open Corporate Land-Lot Auction (3) Upon Rubi-Ka.

uhaaaa, we will buy the land for the bases in AI
    /tell Cashup

OOC: In Response

just in response to a couple of things:

"Is this a storyline element, or is it also interactive. Can organizations actually bid for the right to sell land? And if so, do they decide the prices and who to sell to?"

Yes this is a storyline element. If you want to play along in character I can't stop you and I of course encourage role play with the story. Just as long as it is in character and realistic (meaning you can't bid credit you don't have..so just don't). Oh....and don't bid and expect to win...there are several very rich companies who will be bidding. And same rule applies regarding main storyline clans, orgs and people....don't speak on behalf of them, or claim to be them. That's a pretty quick way to watch your postings poof

"does this mean landbrokers for land sale for tower creation purposes or something like that? No offense to the journalists, but this article wasn't exactly clear."

I don't know how much clearer it can be really. to put it in the most basic sense it means the following. When you go to buy land there will be someone who is responsible for selling it to you. They will be chosen from the bidding process. there are 3 lots..north, south and central..these are not refering to the lots of land you as players will be able to buy, these are refering to the areas of rubi-ka and who will manage the land selling in those areas.

i'll say this here and hopefully this will clear it up, as it seems to be a common misunderstanding with this. This will not affect the house you build, or HQ you build or any of the in game elements that come with AI. this has to do with who will be managing the sale and maintenance of the land you are buying.

"Another question...does this apply to both Atl and Rimor..."

if Rubi-ka was a real place, there would only be one of it, so regardless of what server you are on, the storyline events, changes and happenings relate to all servers.

hope that clears some things up. lets try to keep the rest of this thread on topic and in character.

Cheers
    Former Director
    ARK-Events Team
    Advisor of Rubi-ka

Please send your feedback to events-feedback@ark.anarchy-online.com

The Starters Guide to the storyline

Thank you Anarchy-Online players for making my time as an ARK-Events Team member, a memory I will cherish.

This is outrageous!! Do they mean to sell off land that rightfully belongs to Omni Tek?!? Do we lease this planet or do we not?!

"Naefen grabs hes laptop and flings it into the wall then watching the thousands of pieces shatter throughout the office"
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

Interesting indeed. I wonder, if one person on Rubi-Ka has four hundred million to spend on a teddy bear, then I wonder what kind of money is going to be spent on this land.

~ Mumon the Cow Monster ~
    Last edited by Z; Aug 30th, 2004 at 18:19:28.

Hmm

Thanks for the clarification socialfly, I should have remembered that's how events operate.

But why now, why bother with land sale now? Would have been better doing THAT in notum wars when it would have meant more...

Oh btw where can we view high bidders if we want to know how much the price is running?

CoT Press Release August 30th, 29478 ~ Atlantean Chamber

Press Release August 30th, 29478 ~ Atlantean Chamber

On Saturday August 28th, 29478;

In a unanimous decision, the Council of Truth voted Saturday to allow representatives from some of the more prominent of the "Great Clans" to broker a land deal with the ICC on behalf of the Clan community.

With the Council's support, Jacobi, representative of the Vanguard clan has made arrangements to broker the deal with the ICC on behalf of the Clans. This is to ensure that clan interests instead of other, less cooperative elements and organizations, will sell off the northern territories after the fact.

Mr. Jacobi explained "We would handle the brokerage...the paperwork...the transfers of title....you do what you want with the land. We make the bid in the name of the council, and we prove to all of them that the clans CAN work together, CAN succeed and DO have a right to land on this planet."

Understandably, this will raise many questions concerning who will control the land and have rights to it. What follows are some excerpts from the last Council meeting to directly address a few questions about these arrangements;

Council Representative: "So land ownership goes to the Council and not to Vanguards, right?"

Jacobi: "No...Land ownership goes to whoever buys the land...we just handle the selling of it."

Council Representative: "so as I understand it, you want to make a common offer for all clans and the other major clans have agreed to that?"

Jacobi: " I have not spoken with all the major clans...but The Sentinels and Knights have agreed to pool their bid with Vanguards if and only if the council agrees in support as well financially."

With that, the Council voted unanimously to put their full resources into the acquisition of all northern land grants from the ICC for the resale to the Clan community.

A great day indeed, this demonstrates a united effort by the northern territories to finally and legally obtain land rights directly from the ICC in spite of Omni-Tek loyalist intentions to the contrary.
    Last edited by Maephina; Aug 31st, 2004 at 03:25:00.
    Charissa Maephina Vein
    212 Metaphysicist
    My RP Profile Conflicted Voice Pak Plus!
    Somehow i just know that Haiku Poets, Mimes and Martha Stewart will have something to do with the end of the world... ~Escritores

-Naefen buys a new laptop-

If the clans can work that out and get a land-lot of theyre own it will indeed impress me but not surprise me. Unfortunately, this is the kind of time when clanners do put theyre differences aside.
    Omni-Tek will buy a lot, theres just no way not to believe that.
    ICC or Sol Banking or some other interstellar corp will most likely buy the third slot. And they will want to populate it with Neutrals hoping they can sway them in theyre direction.

Unless Omni-Tek can find a way to dig up the fundings for atleast two out of three lots these will be extremely troublesome times ahead. The clanners uniting over a cause may be fatal. Should a third party gain control (unless purely Neutral)over a third lot it could very well indeed be critical.

-It is my duty to suggest the full attention of Omni-Tek corporations bank assets be directed for this purpose.

Nick Noodle
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

This still doesn't say where the ICC contracting office is...I can't seem to find it anywhere on ICC headquarters.

ok Mr. McGraw, where are you at?

Jawsman you are kidding right? Until the ICC wins the bid for one of the lots, the office they currently have is just one little office in an office complex. It's my bet that once ICC gets one of the bids they will build a building soley to handle the sales. No need to build it yet. Solebanking might beat them out on the bid.

This is good news. I've contacted the home office of Circle G. Seeing that there are only 3 lots and the size of interested parties they've declined to join in on the bid. They are however interested in leasing a significant area in the south sector to set up training facilities for off world units.
    Proud member of Circle G.
    We solve your problems on Rubi-Ka 1.(if the price is right)

Kranden grins as he see's all these Omni-tek lapdogs run around in circles while Sol banking Corp comes in and cuts out a piece of Omni-teks Pie.
    Whine more plz I feed on your tears

Ethernal- "Friends don't let friends infonet drunk"

My internet is waaaay faster than yours so you can suck my fiberoptic!

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaghiro
    before we get people here complaining that it's not fair: RTFM!
    The auction is about the right to SELL landgrants..not about OWNING land.
    In other words these are bids to become a landbroker...not a landowner.

sorry, had to get that off my chest before this turned ugly.

-Fantaghiro
    Whoever gets ahold of these lands, will spend a lot to get them and in turn sell them for ridiculious prices. So yeah its not fair.
    Zariken Level 201 Agent
    Member of Cognizance

In Memory of Ladimir

((OOC: Zariken, i think you are missing what is being said here. The big land lots will be "sold" to NPC organisations, such as the Vanguards/Sentinels backing the CoT. These will then sell of the small land lots to who ever can meet the price set by FunCom in the game.))
    "On the frontlines, there is but one commandment...
    Thou Shalt Kill."

"As i stride knee deep through the dead, all is clear. I know what must be done...
    My cause is just...My will is strong...
    ...And my gun is very, very large!"
    The words of a true soldier.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12