Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ICC – Open Corporate Land-Lot Auction (3) Upon Rubi-Ka.

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

ICC – Open Corporate Land-Lot Auction (3) Upon Rubi-Ka.

Writer: ICC Contracting Office
    Title: ICC – Open Corporate Land-Lot Auction (3) Upon Rubi-Ka
    Date: August 27, 29478

Daniel McGrew, Project Manager, ICC Contracting Office An A-E Definite Delivery Contract for the sale and maintenance of one of three lots of terra-formed land of Rubi-Ka

This Solicitation is UNRESTRICTED and is open to all corporate firms regardless of size. Three (3) contracts will be awarded from this solicitation. The contract will be for a period of three years from the date of award, with an option to extend upon the ending of the contract. Work will be assigned by the winning parties upon start of the contract. ICC reserves the right to exercise a contract option period before the expiration of the base period or preceding option period, if the contract amount for the base period or preceding option period has been exhausted or nearly exhausted.

Project Information:
    The services consist essentially of the management and selling of one of three lots of terra formed land upon the surface of Rubi-Ka. The available lots are located in the North, Central, and South populated areas of this planet. The Open Auction for these three plots of land will begin on Monday, August 30 and continue until Friday September 3rd.

Please direct any questions to Daniel McGrew, Project Manager, ICC Contracting Office

*Kithrak blinks and presses a button on his desk's intercom.*

Guardian droid, start calculating my total liquid assets, include the shares from RUR, controlling interest Magi-Tek and other holding companies.

"Acknowledged sir. My task will be completed in a few hours." The droid replied.
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

/me starts rewireing Kitrak's guardian robot in order to get safe codes

"Wtf? Cardboard casing and only pieces of string inside?"

/me wanders off muttering about RuR series

/me opens comm unit and places call to Daniel McGrew, Project Manager, ICC Contracting Office
    / me gets busy tone with answering machine

"Dear sir, could you expand your Auction notice and speciffy who withing firm can place their bid on land and how many patches can one firm posess?"
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

Unhappy reguarding land for sale

is thei land we will get for ai or is this something diffrent? if so need to know to prepare for auction asap so that we can gather funds

I KNEW IT!

I knew those SBC bastards were plotting something! Throughout the history of this planet's colonization the Sol Banking Corporation have always, without fail, tried to get their digs in every time even a minor event has occured here. When the gate to the Shadowlands opened and there wasn't a peep from the SBC, we all knew they were plotting something but we didn't know what.

So it appears that the grand scheme was to force illegal legislation through the ICC, to make plots of land available for lease. I shouldn't even need to point out that this is in direct violation of Omni-Tek's long standing lease agreement we hold on Rubi-Ka. The ICC Board has no right to lease land that has already been leased to Omni-Tek. The SBC can buy land on this planet starting January 1, 29500 AND NOT A DAY SOONER!

If a formal complaint to the ICC doesn't work, up to three offworld corporations could be setting up camp on Rubi-Ka within a week. I don't think I have to point out to any non-clansman that this poses a serious, unacceptable, and unwarranted threat to both our business and military security.

I approve of measures to make land available to honest, law-abiding Rubi-Ka citizens. However, an unrestricted sale of land can only deliver territory into the hands of greedy hypercorporations. This in turn will make life here much more dangerous, even more so then the deregulation of surface notum mining. Therefore, I strongly urge all Omni employees and neutral citizen leaders to join together and denounce this project.
    Administrator Jacob Stroud
    Omni-Tek Department Affiliate Program - Administrative Representative, Rimor

Omni-Administrative Services Special Operations Subdepartment K-62
    Commissioner, RKDC

Does this mean that al us members of smal guilds are basicly screwed for a couple of months till prices drops so we can join in on the auctions?

Or are u just trying to raise the inital prices to make the large guilds less economicly superior?

/Gnurfel -- General of Serenity
    [***: hello
    To [***]: yes?
    [***]: Are you trader?
    To [***]: No I'm a blue thingy with wings
    [***]: ok,thx

Not sure what this all about, but i think that the ICC is trying to spin money of this planet jsut as Omni-Tek have abused it!
    "It's your life. Keep it up! Keep it real!"

(just a little ooc note)

before we get people here complaining that it's not fair: RTFM!
    The auction is about the right to SELL landgrants..not about OWNING land.
    In other words these are bids to become a landbroker...not a landowner.

sorry, had to get that off my chest before this turned ugly.

-Fantaghiro
    Events are like a pack of Dobberman pinchers. the only satisfying way to use them is to unleash them onto innocent bystanders

Does this mean its an auction for land which you can then sell pieces of? You buy one of the big chunks and then you can sell small parts of it?

So how will this work?

Is this a storyline element, or is it also interactive. Can organizations actually bid for the right to sell land? And if so, do they decide the prices and who to sell to?

Exclamation Don't panic

No land for sale yet :-) But when it does perhaps the auctions will create a cash drought and the vastly inflated prices of stuff will drop dramatically to chase the dwindling pool of funds. Watch out for some quick fire sales on the forums :-)

*Destractor stares unblinking at a small flickering screen in what seems to be an old shed.

"Well that is an unexpected turn of events"

"Do you think Omni-tech will buy all three lots?"

A large white shape looms out of the darkness.

"Were you talking to me Destractor or was that a rhetorical question?" a metallic monotone voice replies.

"Not that anyone ever listens to me. Me with a brain the size of a planet. Did you even know I was here?" the voice continues not pausing for an answer.

*Destractor continues his train of thought ignoring the robot who carries on droning about the futility of organic life forms.

"I guess Sol might be able to put up a good bid, and possibly the combined bank balance of the clans could challenge for a lot"

"This could turn out to be an interesting week"

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Stroud
    I KNEW IT!

I knew those SBC bastards were plotting something! Throughout the history of this planet's colonization the Sol Banking Corporation have always, without fail, tried to get their digs in every time even a minor event has occured here. When the gate to the Shadowlands opened and there wasn't a peep from the SBC, we all knew they were plotting something but we didn't know what.

So it appears that the grand scheme was to force illegal legislation through the ICC, to make plots of land available for lease. I shouldn't even need to point out that this is in direct violation of Omni-Tek's long standing lease agreement we hold on Rubi-Ka. The ICC Board has no right to lease land that has already been leased to Omni-Tek. The SBC can buy land on this planet starting January 1, 29500 AND NOT A DAY SOONER!

If a formal complaint to the ICC doesn't work, up to three offworld corporations could be setting up camp on Rubi-Ka within a week. I don't think I have to point out to any non-clansman that this poses a serious, unacceptable, and unwarranted threat to both our business and military security.

I approve of measures to make land available to honest, law-abiding Rubi-Ka citizens. However, an unrestricted sale of land can only deliver territory into the hands of greedy hypercorporations. This in turn will make life here much more dangerous, even more so then the deregulation of surface notum mining. Therefore, I strongly urge all Omni employees and neutral citizen leaders to join together and denounce this project.
    Commisioner go and reread lease contract. It deals with exploiting natural resources and not with owning land.
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

Tris reads the message, then reads it again. At the third reading her face looks more like a thunderstorm than ever before.

"Rubi-Ka is not for sale!" she shouts to the news terminal. "You idiots will try to get as much money you can out of her before you dump her. Like all those smoking pools of nuclear waste, like all those rotting barren swamps you've created! And for what!? For some numbers that mean nothing in the real world. The world of Rubi-Ka. It will mean nothing but harm for her and her people!"

Tris tries to regain her composure before pressing a button on her com device to contact her generals and commanding staff

"How's the training of the new troops going?"

President Anisha "Trisagiona" Kenley of the Desert Winds

"Here is the price of freedom:
    Your every drop of courage,
    ounce of pain, pint of blood.
    Paid in advance."

Eye's closed momentarily, information being played over and over in his brain. Staring up at Old Earthen figurines, books, and pictures of his leading inspiration, he hummed thoughtfully. Chair turned, humming but lightly as it slowly glided towards a data receptecle. Voice came, articulating clearly, yet softly, in the comfort of one's own home.

"So..It's started...the bout with the Shadowlands, and freeing so much pain...activating that droid which may as well have been a beacon..Now land for sale...something is brooding, and I do not like it.." shoulders lifted, and dropped, as he spoke in a sigh. Chair swivled and moved once more, gliding back towards the desk. Eyes fell shut, slowly, and he sighed once more. "Will Rubi-Ka never know peace?" Head slowly lifted meeting the eyes of, in order: A mathemetician and reknown proffessor, Albert Einstien, his father, one of the originial Omni-Tek engineers behind the process of constructing the automated systems on the Juggernaught Droids, his Mother, and finally, Philip Ross. Head shook slowly as he turned back to the list of data he was compiling. "As long as people hang on to the past...we will never live in peace. The ball is in your court Boss Ross...and it looks like the shot clock is running out." voice came, gently.

So it will be then...somethings on the horizon...the Notum Monopolization suite was the first step..then we accessed the beginnings of Rubi Ka and perhaps Notum itself...now...who knows what allowing members of Rubi-Ka to lease land will bring...who knows..

With that, head dipped back, eyes fell shut, and Carl "Lurai" Shone, slowly fell to sleep.
    Not quite dead yet. But almost.

Don't touch the funk.

Quote Originally Posted by Trgeorge
    Commisioner go and reread lease contract. It deals with exploiting natural resources and not with owning land.
    And why else would anyone want to own land but to either use it's resources or resell it?

Omni-Tek has an agreement with the ICC. Omni-Tek alone holds the rights to hold land and exploit Rubi-Ka's natural resources up until the year 29500, with the exception of the concessions made to the clans and specially registered neutral companies. If the ICC tries to lease land to one of Omni-Tek's competitors, then it should be legally challenged.
    Administrator Jacob Stroud
    Omni-Tek Department Affiliate Program - Administrative Representative, Rimor

Omni-Administrative Services Special Operations Subdepartment K-62
    Commissioner, RKDC

3 land grants.

Omni, Neutral, Clan.

The Northern territories will most likely be bought by the clans, the south by Omni-Tek, and the Central regions by the Neutrals. It is simply a process by which land is made available for sale to the general public.

As for SOL Banking and TruSpace Networks, I believe that this auction will be taking place on Rubi-Ka. If any SOL or Truspace ship approaches an Omni world, it turned away. If they persist, they are destroyed. Think of it as a corporate cold war.
    Slowly, one by one, the penguins rob me of my sanity
    Anualken Gimped old engineer.

Omni-Tek Protects.
    Me, as drawn my MrFli.

Old Engineers never die... they only fade away.

Well.....I can't say too much or speak too freely in this regard, but I know for certain the clans will gain the rights to broker some of this land. It's our duty, as well as it is our responsibility.

And of course, it would be sold to clansmen at lower prices than, say, if Omni-Tek or some company like Yalmaha Corp, Miir, etc got their hands on any of it.

I trust the Vanguards' ability to make a good deal and to stay smart on the auctions! We've got your backs!
    220 Finalizer (FINALLY, after 3 years without a single ding!) Nulion, Squad Commander (And Council of Truth Clerical Staffer) of Alpha Omega

Once upon a time, I dreamt I was a butterfly...Suddenly I awoke...Now, I do not know whether I was then
    a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming that I am a man. - Chuang Tzu

hmm

*Jawsman tries to find the *number* for this Dan fellow, but can't*

Fanta, does this mean landbrokers for land sale for tower creation purposes or something like that? No offense to the journalists, but this article wasn't exactly clear.

Another question...does this apply to both Atl and Rimor...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast