Thread: Talk about having a Brown Nose.

Thumbs down Talk about having a Brown Nose.

Well, Well, Well..

Here it is again.. a new week, and a.. oooh.. nother .. can we say.. PATCH ? Give me a break Funcom!!

In this upcomming patch, you want us to give you our input.. well, here is MINE.

WHERE IS HELP FOR THE DOCTOR PROFESSION !!!

Again, you bring out these pathetic patches for all of the professions for this game, BUT the Doctor!

There is a NEW PLUS for the Bureaucrat with BROKEN abilities that GOT A FIX..
    A NEW ability for the Engineeer to be able to yet summon a NEW Bot..
    And the Meta-Physicist with the abilities to summon still another NEW and 3rd Pet !!

So I am asking AGAIN this week ..

WHERE IS HELP FOR THE DOCTOR PROFESSION ?

You have set the aggression so high on the Single Heal, AND doubled the aggression on Team Heals so that is almost impossible for the Doctor to keep the Team alive, let alone trying to keep your own self alive.
    You give the Bureacurats FIXES on 2 abilities.. but WHY doesn't the Tutoring for the Doctors work.. yet ?????
    The Engineer can now build yet another new Robot.. yet I can not even begin to SOLO a lvl 60 mission !! ( Rosey is lvl 102 )
    And the Meta-Physicist can summon a 3rd Pet.. yet you REDUCE a Doctor nano that could not even harm a gray Rollerat let alone kill it, to even a shorter time.. {quote} .. because the duration was longer than intended.. ?????

Why not give the Doctor Profession the major help that we also deserve, just as all of the other professions has gotten ?
    If I was playing another profession, and sometimes.. wanted to play a Healer/Doctor, then yes.. that would be ok. But you.. Funcom.. has put this profession in this game as something a player can choose to play and build. If you have NO intentions of reviewing or upgrading this profession, .. ' and please do not insult my Intelligence by telling me.. SOON... ' then can you not have the common curtsey to tell us this, so that those that may wish to start another charactor.. or better still..
    Leave this game, ..can do so ?

Thank you for your time,
    or is that even asking for too much ?

Rosey

everyone?

not all proffesions got a boost, just the overpowered ones.
    I want the aggro on the doc to be reduced, but i want the 3 fixers that are left to be fixed too...... i want doesnt get i guess
    My lungs arent blackened by tar, they're blackened by SIN!

Talking oh, by the way

I met a dude today, a level 20 fixer.. Poor soul. What fate, what destiny! Guess he dont know what he is up to..
    Anyways, that makes us -4- fixers now! WOOHOO! 20 down, 1 up! Now THAT is a score!
    Teknolord, Rubi-Ka 1 fixer.

I fail to see evidence of this. While doing missions and hunting mobs with my team, that the doc never dies.... or dies as much as one of the rest of us does

Looks like someone sucks.

I would tend to agree. Being a doctor myself, sure aggro management is a bit more difficult than it was before hand, but I seem to be able to do it and keep both my team, and myself alive with no problem. I haven't died in almost 10 levels. I don't agree with the aggro changes, but I do have to agree with Mr. Bond up there when he says, "Looks like someone sucks"

Farraday

Smile

Originally posted by Farraday
    I would tend to agree. Being a doctor myself, sure aggro management is a bit more difficult than it was before hand, but I seem to be able to do it and keep both my team, and myself alive with no problem. I haven't died in almost 10 levels. I don't agree with the aggro changes, but I do have to agree with Mr. Bond up there when he says, "Looks like someone sucks"

Farraday
    I died 2 times going from level 134-142 in the last 2 weeks. Both times because I was debuffed and not paying attention. I don't solo because MA attacks are weak, the MA Fist/Weapon combo is bugged badly and quite frankly I made a Doc to group. I've had 2 .. maybe 3 people die with me in this time. Must have been lag

I'm also not uber and overequiped, all of my armor and most of my implants can be installed without any buffs.

If it helps:
    - Raise your evades!!!
    - Don't heal early, start with the weaker debuff and a DoT
    - Make an /assist macro and assist the mob, direct heal, hit the assist macro 2x to see it mob switched targets, direct heal again.
    - Never ever team heal unless 2 or more members are in serious trouble. Do not use team heal in combat to top off health lost from hitting a damage shield.
    - If 2 or 3 mobs show, cast the stronger debuffs on the ones not getting hit. If 4 or more show, you're done for unless they are very weak.
    - Group with at least one person that can calm/root, if you don't then make absolutely sure that you only get 1 or 2 mobs.
    - Use first aid kits in combat to complement you heals, keep speed stims handy, if all else fails boost speed, run out of range and team heal.
    - Use HoT's on the puller before combat or while he's comming back.
    - keep nano initiatives maxed and switch to under 50% agro when in trouble.

----

If you're still dying, in that case reconsider the people that you group with. People that AFK all the time, run as soon as they are hit, ***** and whine all the time are tops on my avoid list.

I've always thought the Doc class was well put together. It would be nice to get some candy but other classes need help a lot more. Crats have been looking for their place in the world for 5 months. MA's need to be finished, actually the MA fists/weapon fix would help ALL classes. Complaining about Doctors is as pointless as compainting about Agents or Soldiers. They are all good classes if played well.
    Last edited by Sent; Dec 7th, 2001 at 11:03:41.

Unhappy Yes

Thats why i wont care being a doc before they get the doc a serious update.

1: They say that doc is a team person, and not solo. Okey, but it gets *extremely* boring to to heal, heal, heal, heal and heal for level after level, there isnt anything other to do than heal. Its just gets very boring. Make more things for the doc to do!

2: Even healing is getting u killed...

3: Tradeskills for doc so far just suck, there is no exitement, and really moneymaking buisness.

4: Docs cant get money by theyre own beside doing solo work. Ofcourse some ppl are nice to doc, and thats good, but it is not enough. Ive seen some docs (straaange all of them girls) get massivley support by guild and old friends. They are the who that dont see any problem with being a doc these days. Dont misunderstand me, im really happy for those get help from guild and have rich friends, but for those who dont, money is PAIN PAIN PAIN, and many expoloits eBay for just getting the basic needs. It shouldnt have to be like this.

So the sollution is that Funcom have to sit down, and do some SERIOUS and CREATIVE for the Doctor.

Less and less docs are around, and im not around before a patch with creative doc changes are there.

Docs?? Umm... why are u needing help.! U guys are one of the top dominating class out there today!. With pvp cut by 50% and your heals not .... then whats the problem???

Is it that mobs aggro u when u do a team heal? .... well.. bah even adv's and ma's get taht when they do team heals. You guys are looking good already... What about docs? ---> u just had a boost increase in your dots about a patch ago.

Open your eyes.... think for a sec. Who really needs to say ...

"what about me? "

Answer is : FIXERS, and ADVS

im not a fixer, but if feel their pain. Im a ADV. Docs can manage for a while, let the dev team help some other professions. Both of these two have not been modified at all for the last several patches.

-cub

Re: Yes

Originally posted by Axist
    Thats why i wont care being a doc before they get the doc a serious update.

1: They say that doc is a team person, and not solo. Okey, but it gets *extremely* boring to to heal, heal, heal, heal and heal for level after level, there isnt anything other to do than heal. Its just gets very boring. Make more things for the doc to do!

2: Even healing is getting u killed...

3: Tradeskills for doc so far just suck, there is no exitement, and really moneymaking buisness.

4: Docs cant get money by theyre own beside doing solo work. Ofcourse some ppl are nice to doc, and thats good, but it is not enough. Ive seen some docs (straaange all of them girls) get massivley support by guild and old friends. They are the who that dont see any problem with being a doc these days. Dont misunderstand me, im really happy for those get help from guild and have rich friends, but for those who dont, money is PAIN PAIN PAIN, and many expoloits eBay for just getting the basic needs. It shouldnt have to be like this.

So the sollution is that Funcom have to sit down, and do some SERIOUS and CREATIVE for the Doctor.

Less and less docs are around, and im not around before a patch with creative doc changes are there.
    I hate to say this, but this just sounds like a post from someone who doesn't like being a doc. Hehe. Seems like heal, heal, make kits, heal, poison, make ill, heal, heal..etc, is reasonably what a combat doc would do....

Kinda like how enforcers just whack, whack, whack, mongo, whack, whack, challenger, sit, stand, whack, whack, agro, whack

Or how soldiers just shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot, burst, fa, fling, shoot, shoot, sit, stand...

Adventurers just whack, whack, heal, whack, whack, heal, whack, whack, heal, die.. (hehe, I had an advent for a while)

MPs just buff, buff, buff, buff, buff, buff, make pet, send pet, stand, stand, stand, stand, nuke, stand, stand, move a bit, stand, etc...

It goes on and on. If you reduce any class to it's 'base functionality' they are all pretty boring. That's why you like...yano, talk and stuff, and do stuff and buy stuff and other stuff....

At least that's what I thought anyway/

I think it's not a doc problem, it's a team problem... There are reports from Enforcers (Yazule I think) that they can still handle the aggro. However you need a good tank. That means :
    - Best aggro enhancer available. We over-equip weapons, we should over-equip aggro enhancers too! This means high or maxed psychology skill, general psychology buff running and eventually psycho implants. Up to date aggro nanos and Mongo.
    - Good evades. Good evades mean very few crits. Which means you will have a very smooth health loss ratio. So you will be able to use lower heals instead of using high level heals to heal big chuncks of health. Aggro seems to be related to <how much you heal> x <number of people you heal>.
    - A functionnal central nervous system.
    - Decent first aid to handle some of the healing himself with kits (and you can cast these 1st aid buffs on him too).
    If the tank doesn't meet these criteria, then don't take him in the team!

Same for the other team members. Team selection was only geared on raw damage output. Not anymore. You need people with good crowd control (NT, Crats, Traders). I'm also convinced you need a real puller (ie, someone allowing you to be away from the gen spots).
    I still think the change to the aggro rules were made to make some professions (Crats, Traders, Fixers) more desirable in a team...

Let Me Add

Another rule for Doctors in team hunting: Only team with people with good fire discipline and who pay attention to their surroundings. If it gets too hot, de-team and go back to base while you can, recruit a new team.

Now that I've played a martial artist and an enforcer, I see how this goes wrong. When you're playing characters with no attack range and pretty good luck against swarms of orange mobs, whose biggest fear is being rooted, you develop this reflex: run in to a new area like a cockroach on crack and jump on something, anything.

The last time my doc got killed, I was team hunting with a small team. We found a spot near Harrys with a high mutant spawn rate, light yellow to light orange for us, and had a jolly good time ...

Until our puller led us, inexorably, right into the middle of the area where they spawn -- and spawn all at once. There were four of us, smacking down crowds of up to six or seven at a time of them. And then there were more, something like eight or nine of them -- and the doc found herself aggroed by three light-orange mobs at once.

I had her alternating debuff, self-heal, DOT, self-heal, other DOT, self-heal, direct damage, first aid ampule. I took out two of them - thank prime for those nano-recharge ampules you can use in combat. Pistol barking uselessly any time I slowed down. I had the third one down to about 25% health. The other players were still busy killing their dance partners -- and I went DOWN, lost half a level's worth of XP. (Couldn't outrun them this time, we were surrounded.)

Honestly, as cranked as I was, I was more cranked at our puller than at Funcom. He should have noticed that the spawn rate was going up TOO fast. As badly outnumbered and outgunned as we were, that was fair. It did not improve my mood that the rest of the team survived.

Unless they change it back, I wouldn't touch a Team Heal with a 10 meter cattle prod. Having the whole group aggro on you at once is not worth it. And it's not that hard to keep the team window open, select the most-hurt players in order and individually heal them. Heck, that's the challenge of it.

I do have to agree, though, with the person who pointed out that because of docs' inability to survive even 25% difficulty solo missions, making money is almost impossible.

I'm thinking of re-rolling my doc or making a new one or RK2, where I still have character slots open: solitus, crank martial arts and brawling instead of pistil and flingshot, never buy another weapon again. Crank concealment up, and hope to finish more missions by sneaking 'em -- tokens won't come as fast, and he or she'll have to make do with mission rewards for cash. But if I can blitz 'em quick enough, and keep getting the mileage benefit, it may be workable. What do you think? Not going to work?

(Hmm, there's a thought: a doc in a cloaking device.)

Re: Let Me Add

Originally posted by Brad, STL/MO
    Until our puller led us, inexorably, right into the middle of the area where they spawn -- and spawn all at once. There were four of us, smacking down crowds of up to six or seven at a time of them. And then there were more, something like eight or nine of them -- and the doc found herself aggroed by three light-orange mobs at once.
    .../...
    Honestly, as cranked as I was, I was more cranked at our puller than at Funcom. He should have noticed that the spawn rate was going up TOO fast. As badly outnumbered and outgunned as we were, that was fair. It did not improve my mood that the rest of the team survived.
    Errr... As far as I understand it, the puller doesn't lead you anywhere! The team leader leads you... The puller just lead the MOBs to the team location, which should be away from the spawn point... And hopefully, he only leads a couple of them at a time...

I play a 111 Doc, let me reinforce what others have said.

Docs are mostly fine.... AS LONG AS YOU HAVE A GOOD TEAM.

If you tank isn't up to scratch dump the team.

Direct Heals - Learn to manage your aggro, learn the benfits of range and as with all things Docing make sure your tank maintains aggro.

Team Heals - Absolutely last resort nano, only to be used when your either, a) sacrificing your life to let the rest of the team get away, b) Have a fixer in your team [God I Love having Fixers in my team] who is trying to get yoour asses out of the fire and into the safety of the grid.

Evades - evades, specially later in your characters life are more important than AC at times. Its the evades that stop you from receiving mega crits. Encourage all your tanks to spend IP's in evades at level 100 any character that doesn't have dark blue evades should have around 300 evade skills. Any charcter with dark blue, try and get htem up to around level 200. A doc's biggest problem is that Evades are VERY dark blue, still when able spend the IP's, It can be the difference between getting hit for 500 and getting hit for 250.

Making Money - Blood Money ! A nice little earner, that really isn't that a big spend in IP's. However don't bother doing much with the blood, its too expensive and there is no return on treatment kits.

First Aid - First aid is handy for when you really need that extra couple hundred points of nano, also heal stims are great when your tank really is in serious trouble and even though your mashing those Direct heals he is still heading towards a serious lack of red bar.

And again as somebody asked me the other day 'Whats the best weapon for my doctor reroll?' my answer 'A good tank.'
    Ye Olde and Original Founding is BACK !

Australian Timezone - RK1

btw one thing I would like to see added to Doctors is either a save xp (RP : We are scanning their bodies) nano or a sleep nano (RP : We are anthestising them)

I would also like to see all pillows changed visually into shields similar to MP shields. no need to change their stats or anything, just stop making us look like we are headed for a slumber part.

Err also can you fix the Biomech Cloak so it goes in the back slot and looks like a cloak rather than the chest slot like a chest piece.

And please fix our portable clinics.
    Ye Olde and Original Founding is BACK !

Australian Timezone - RK1