Thread: Custom textures/colours, etc.

Custom textures/colours, etc.

which reminds me...
    "Give the players tools to add content to the game
    Im not asking for the software, or any kind of documentation. Just the info on what software does FC use, and some files to edit. I'm sure theres lots of MODers out there that would gladly update textures, build guild houses, empty houses, prefabs, etc.

Then submit the content to Funcom. If it meets Funcom's standards of quality, no bugs, etc, FC could use it. Players dont get credit for their work, no copywrite. After submitting to Funcom, FC owns it.
    This would be completely voluntary work, without credit, without pay. (unless funcom decides to give players credit for submitted conent)

If the worldbuilding software is inhouse, put a copy up on the internet. Don't want to do that, then tell us what can be coverted. 3DSmax? Autocad?

Common, how can you turn down people who will work for free =)"

I saw someone post this, sorry can't remember their name, but I really think it could add to AO. But, I don't really think FC would let us make indoor zones. However, I can see us being able to add tags to armour, clothes, even guns maybe. If there was an option to turn off these if people think there would be too much lag. I don't think this would create much lag, if each tag was only a few pixels and a few colours. Actually, it would probably be easier to implement colour schemes for clothes and armour. Yeah scrap my original idea this is much better. Two different colours for armour and clothes, It'd be great for guild uniforms, or just for people who want to be different.
    BiggerDave - 93 Omni Soldier
    Fethers - 43 Omni Agent
    Phetherz - 18 Omni Doctor

Unit member of Omni-Tek Blackwolf Operations

Talking Editors!!!!!!!!!

Editors and building software is exactly what I've been asking for since the beginning of the game. I wrote FC about this subject and here's the whole e-mail:
    ________

I used to play all the old roleplaying games. AD&D, Cyberpunk,
    Shadowrun etc. I was the GM in most of the roleplaying sessions
    and wrote and designed most of modules or scenarios that my
    group went through.

If I wrote a scenario/dungeon complete with storyline would FC
    actualy consider using it in game? I have an idea for a story
    dungeon that would be very hard to camp and would be a fun
    storyline for the player community.
    I figure that adding to an existing world could be a hard thing to
    do. However, with the expansion pack coming out I thought it
    might be easier to plan for it ahead of time if it were to be used.
    Whaddaya say? Can I start writing now?

Anarchy Rep,

First of all thank you for your interest in Anarchy Online.
    The problem with these kinds of things is Copyright material;
    we read everything that people send in to us but to actually
    implement it into the game it has to be extremely well done for
    something like this to happen.

However if you are willing to do this I will forward anything
    you send us to the right person so they at least can read it.

I got rid of names to keep anyone from selling their soul so to speak. It seems that FC is condusive to ideas from the community but they have to be good ideas. Possible to implement. Lets get more people to bump this thread in favor of a design tool for the game.

I would be in favor of a design tool that delt with:
    dungeons/mission areas: somthing I could design an entire dungeon or mission area with. Complete with the ability to place objects in locations like desks chairs and such.
    Also any item that can be highlighted with a mouse has a text box, allow us the ability to place our own messeges in it.

Actually the possibilities are endless. I could go on forever.
    If Cosmic or any FC rep reads this you should keep in mind that a small percentage of the community would do this kind of design work for free if we had a design tool. Actually I would pay for a design tool. I understand that the money has to be there for the company to set so many people to the task. I bet there would be others like me that would do the same.

Common designers!!! BUMP this thread!!!!!!