Thread: What is up with the LOOT? Swords v. Guns

Exclamation What is up with the LOOT? Swords v. Guns

Ok I love a nice gun as much as the next guy... BUT I SWING SWORDS!!!!! I have been playing AO for about three months now and I have yet to recive a sword as loot from a dead monster or NPC. I would like to sugest to the powers that be, that you please make swords pop up as much as guns do in loot.

And while were on the subject, I have been noticeing that swords do a lot less damage then guns do. I Know, I Know, energy bolts and stuff hurt more but hey lets give a little ballance back to the sword swinging atrox's out there, and pump up the damage on the swords so we can compet with the gun slingers and the nano casters who do 1000 pts a shot with their lil nano attacks, and there guns.

swords

Now that you mention it... do you ever see an NPC wielding swords ?

Exclamation

I've never seen any mob with any melee weapons other than:
    shields, 2-handed batons, clubs. Other than that, nada.

Very strange.

I guess you havent seen the 10 million rider executioners being used lately...

What i havent figured out yet is why a 1 handed QL70ish rider executioner does approx. 1-180 damage when a 2 handed QL70ish protector warblade does approx. only 4-80 damage.

I tried a bit on protector warblade. I also wonder why protector warblade is not quite good. Protector warblade has sneak attack as an additional attack, which rider executioner don't has. But sneak attack is not convenient to use, so I end up raising it just as a wielding requirement. Protector warblade is faster and does energy damage. A good thing about it is that the attack/recharge delay lowers as quality increases. At quality 200, it is a fast weapon. While for rider executioner, the speed stays nearly the same and we really have to raise our melee initiatives.
    Anyway, I really think that 2 handed edge weapons should have better damage in general. Most enforcers don't use 2 hand edge.
    Last edited by Aggelikki; Dec 11th, 2001 at 09:04:46.