Thread: Another anti-pathing mission type to look into

Another anti-pathing mission type to look into

Cosmik has mentioned that they want to know what kinds of rooms/mission types cause pet pathing problems so they can fix them like they fixed the dreaded cave missions. I would like to nominate the indoors mission set-up where the floors curve upward at the walls in halls and some rooms. I have pets getting stuck in that floor/wall curve all the time. They will just stand there with their feet below the floor graphic and will not move for /pet follow, /pet behind or /pet attack. In these types of missions I have to /pet terminate at least 2-3 times.

Though the biggest pet pathing problem right now is that they can't find the dang door. That's why some groups are now preferring not to bring pet users into missions.

Scorus

Any kinde of table is really the pathing bane.
    The room with big machine in the center also. Cave missions - the room with central column.
    Cave missions - fire in the center.
    Cave missions - long and narrow ways.
    Cave missions - long and wide ways.
    The strange zig-zag which pet perform before attack - why the hell before attack pet always run back from the target and only after that return ???
    Pet follow command accepted only if pet in LOS.

Another funny thing is using a pet in the mantis queen room.

If you can make the pet find any mob in there including the queen, you are a real pro...or something
    RK1 Guild Apocalypse

Dillon "Duradas" Belote, Fixer
    Kiyoko "Selarana" Vallone, Meta Physicist
    Donald "Jorman" Dublin, Bureaucrat
    Burl "Gnorrg" Marinos, Enforcer
    Florence "Florania" Aronstein, Doctor
    ----
    RK3, Arnold "Gideon" Reineman, Enforcer