Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: my take on the so-called "evil omni-tek", keep an open mind

Wink

Originally posted by Salada

Judging from what she said, Nelida is a devote clanner either un-interested or unable to see the truth, only blindly believes her anarchist overlords in whatever they said.

There have been what, five galatic-wide corporate wars to date? And how was the last Sol Banking-Omni Tek conflict prior to the out break of 5th Corporate War ended?
    War take away hyper corporations' profits, less profit = bad, and because no sane corporate board really wants war that the ICC was founded.

Truth is meaningless to the average clanner, that's why their leadership called themselves the Council of Truth .

PS. The notum is an infinite resource, so the rate at which it is mined cannot be considered alarming as if it is a finite resource .

Please refer to this thread for my source on what Nelida have said.

Originally posted by Luxxan
    Why does Shadowlands mean the Omni/Clan conflict is ending? If anything, it will just aggrevate the situation. The Omni/Clan conflict is the heart of the story and I would expect it to drive the story through all four years...
    Meant that there will probably be some more grey areas to it, not just Omni becoming the great evil and Clans becoming the greater good. May be some common enemies in shadowlands, who knows.
    Gabro ,
    A Member of Lost Chapter
    Level 200 Bureaucrat RK1

I can't wait. Each side has their own cool things. I mean, Sol-Banking funds or supplies the Dust briade. It was heavily hinted at in the animated series. We know the Unicorn bridage is coming to kick the clanners off Rubi-Ka. That dust birgade is still roaming about. All these evil people from Omni-Prime doin' their own evil things...And the innocent little OT of RK stuck in the middle. So much could be happening right now. So much potential. I think Funcom has an entire parking lot filled with bathtubs filled to the rim and labeled "Potential." They just forgot to actually serve some up to the playerbase.
    -- Falling never killed anyone, its always the landing.
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
    RK-1
    |OT|
    Telgi-61 Solitus Enforcer
    Gauf-31 Nanomage Doctor
    Saruzi- -=128=- Opifex Nano-Technician.
    Manstien-44 Solitus Soldier

Angry Angels my ass!

You're all so damn wrong it's sick.

The shadowlands things...

Well if I ever wanted to quote an instance where FC blatantly favors and supports the clans..

HEY to them...

... We're DEMONS!

OH HO HO That's a ****ing riot ain't it?

*my sides!*

What's better.. and you're gonna get a kick outa this one too...

the clanners... that work with the Dust Brigade and bomb our homes...

They're ANGELS!

That's right, heavenly beings decended from the skies to enlighten us all.

All I'm saying is that if I'm getting demon-form so be it.

But i DAMN WELL better have firey wings and the ability to sever flesh and bone with my 12 inch claws.
    and another thing.
    When it does hit... how will the suppression work?
    Dare I point out that most likely, demons and angels won't be able to fight in their own dimension?
    If I am IN FACT a demon when it comes own to it.. then by God you know i'm going to do demon-like things.

... And you will know that I am Omni...
    ... When I RIP... and TEAR through the innocent!
    pres. Ted Shakkles Ganes
    -=Omni-AF=-

Forgive me if i tread on anyones toes here, or repeat that which has been said before, but i completely agree that there is far more to this "Conflict" then meets the eye. Ask yourselves this: Given the sheer size of Omni-Tek, and the resources that must logically therefore be at its disposal, is it not a tad su****ious that this conflict has dragged on so long?

If Omni-Tek was the inherently evil embodiment of sin the wild rantings of the clanners claim it is, then surely its strategy for a conflict as vital to its interests as the one on Rubi-Ka would have been far more brutal. Why has Omni-Tek not simply launched an all out offensive on the North? Surely manpower/resources are not a concern. Even a war of attrition, slowly squeezing the resistance out of the clans would have been a viable option with such ast resources at its disposal.

Think for yourself, and things begin to seem more clear. The very fact that clanners exist flaws their arguments about the "Evil Threat" of Omni-Tek.

A planet as vital to a companies interests as Rubi-Ka is to Omni-Tek would surely be protected with a zealous brutality. The toleration of a native rebel action seems ludicrous, reinforcing the beleif that there is far more to this story than meets the eye...

=======================

Saarn - 106 Agent of Omni-Tek

You still can't deny the fact that Omni-Tek was founded by the Omegas. The ultamite evil, the people responsable for the original downfall of humanity.

They played God, and now centries later, Omni-Tek is going to get what's coming to them.
    RK1
    Atrox Fixer
    Atrox make baby jesus cry =(

Hmm..

Are you (Bionitrous and company) accessing some sort of storyline items I do not have access to?

Who do you refer to when you use the name "the Omegas"?

Where are you getting your information about Shadowlands?

Please back-up all these claims you are making.

I think that everything you guys want to know is in the novel. The devil took a guy from Russia and gave him knowledge to live forever. He created teh Omegas and and FarmaTek. They destroyed all of civilization and went underground for thousands of years to wait out a nuclear winter. They came out and made mankind their slaves. The Solitus slaved rose up after thousands of years and overthrew FarmaTek. But the Omega lived and created OmniTek to replace it and headed to RubiKa. The head Omega is waiting and now is taking orders from the devil and pulling strings at Omni-Tek. The devil has been pushing Omni-Tek to do things for thousands of years now in preparation.

The good angels helped the Solitus overthrow FarmaTek the first time and have their leader floating in space over Rubi'Ka right now because the final battle between good and evil is about to begin and they are gonna wake him up to help Radiman.

I thought I read all of the novel, but I haven't seen anything about angels or the devil.. Where in the world did you read that??
    RK1
    Atrox Fixer
    Atrox make baby jesus cry =(

ahem.

You seem to have let your imagination loose.

Awrite. For a moment there I was worried you had access to some parts of the story I had not yet seen.

The only resources we have is the Prophet series, the Rubika timeline, and the 4 movie episode, right?

Therefore, there is no proof that there is any relationship between OmniTek and the Omegas.

We know almost nothing about people floating in space over rubika, or what they are there for. We don't know where the Omegas are. We don't know if they are still around, and, if they are, whether (and how) they can be killed.

Unless someone knows something I don't. If you do, point me at your sources. If you are making up baseless stories, do it in the roleplaying forum. Or, at the ver least, mark your ideas as your own fiction (versus FC's fiction).

Also: since when are we talking devils and angels?

Did you not read that the Omegas started Omni-Tek? Perhaps it's not on the web site yet. It was clearly started by the Omegas who went into hiding after David Marlin emancipated the Solitus from the rule of FarmaTek.

As a matter of fact, it was David Marlin's lieutenant who gave Marlin's support in abscencia during the time that Marlin was growing jaded with running the World Congress.

The Omegas set Omni-Tek afloat and put in it mechanisms that would be sure to have it follow a particular path. It's clear as day.

Finally, Roman Dragovich (also known as Roman Drake) is underground on Rubi'Ka and following the goings on on the planet. He ponders to himself whether or not Phillip Ross was a good choice to lead the Rubi'Ka division but finally settles on the side that it's a good choice for their ultiman plans.

He is then visited by .... Vasha? I believe was the name. The man who led him over the Soviet border in the 1940's. The Vasha-thing removes his clothing and disguise and shows himself with empty eyes to Roman who he has truly been working for.

Take from that what you will. Perhaps these events are revealed after the 11 or 12 chapters that are on the website.

Buy the book if you have not and you are interested in the history of FarmaTek/Omni-Tek.

Edit: I don't know nothing about devils or angels either. But, I'd lay dollars to donuts that what was revealed to Roman in his underground complex was pretty frickin' hideous looking.

Oh.

The Prophet book contains more info than the site then?

lol cool

I'll see if I can get a copy then

18 Chapters as I recall. Get the special edition for an electronic version of the full novel or buy the hardcover. And disregard anything you read in this thread till you read it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12