Thread: Breaking News On Terrorist NLF

Post Breaking News On Terrorist NLF

This is Soltak Bringing Breaking News To You This Afternoon.

With the Risk Of terrorists in Newland City Belonging to the NLF Causing Terror.

Military General Merax Of the Free Souls met with me today,
    Here is what he had to say-
    "We neutrals are not going to stand for terrorism in our cities therefore i have stepped up security in our cities, ANYONE FOUND ACTING SU****IOUSLY WILL BE ARRESTED, AND ANYONE CAUSING TROUBLE WILL BE SHOT ON SITE!.
    Patrols have been stepped up in Newland and Borealis and any terrorist actions will be met with extreme force".
    Our goals in forming this New Neutral faction was to protect all Neutral Citizens and as i am responsible for that i will do my best to ensure safety in our cities".

That was General Merax Of the Free Souls Speaking There,

With the streets now heavily secured will there still be a terrorist risk?

This is Soltak reporting for Rubi-Ka Freelance News!
    Last edited by Tikon RIP 02-04; Jun 20th, 2002 at 13:44:04.
    Tikon - Forever an MP. Rest in peace my dear old friend.

Remember, Life is a Journey, Not a Destination, So enjoy the ride..

OOC: One things that many Role Players in the game tend to forget is the little thing we have on Rubi-Ka called suppression gas. So most or all of the time, when an organization/person is threatening to kill someone, it is a hollow threat. Although suppression gas is a pain in the ass, at least try to incorporate it into Role-Playing. Because, like it or not, suppression gas is a part of Rubi-Ka.

(( OOC Post ))

I've witnessed quite a few murders in high-suppression areas. How? Because roleplaying is the act of removing the boundaries of rules through the greater goal of telling a story.

Yes, suppression level is roleplayed by the RPers. So is hacking suppression level. So is RP "dueling" in high suppression through the acceptance of both parties, both IC and OOC. So are "suppression windows" as naturally occuring events that can lead to murder even in 100% zones.

It's called imagination. One of the central neccessities of roleplaying, if you weren't aware.

Perhaps you should check out the definition of roleplaying before announcing it as a limited thing by the statistical rules that are only there to keep the non-RPing power-levelling children from destroying the fun to be had by the mature.
    --The connections that enable us to learn are infinitely more important than our state of knowing.

Smile Glad

Im glad to hear some psitive and negative remarks to this, i am too a great Rping fan and think that it is important to incorparate a bit of fun story building into this game!!
    It adds not only atmosphere but it allows you to act out certain aspect in which you could not do in real life!

E.g protect someone or go bounty hunting!

There is so much fun to be had i dont know why everybody isnt doing it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Tikon - Forever an MP. Rest in peace my dear old friend.

Remember, Life is a Journey, Not a Destination, So enjoy the ride..

OK OK, before this turns into a flame war. I want to give up now and say tarryk is right. Role-Playing shouldnt be limited by the rules of the land. I still think, that when possible; Role-Playing should lead up to REAL combat.

There are several nice places to do this. Arena in Tir or Omni-Ent, Beer/Booze in Mort(I think there is a wompa there now or next patch), and one of the many 25% zones in our beutiful Rubi-Ka(a good one near reets retreat is Boondock).

I still think there is one thing wrong with the NLF Terrorist thing mentioned above.

It is not known that all the involved parties agree to "su****ious" people being arrested/killed in the high suppression. The involved parties being, the people protecting newland, the NLF, and the citizens of newland. It is not known if the majority or all of the citizens of newland agree to this.