Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Unicorn Special Ops in Hope Crater

Unicorn Special Ops in Hope Crater

July 27th, 29478

Omni Tek Forces appear in a crater NW of the town of Hope.
    Further information about these events can be found -> here
    Charissa Maephina Vein
    212 Metaphysicist
    My RP Profile Conflicted Voice Pak Plus!
    Somehow i just know that Haiku Poets, Mimes and Martha Stewart will have something to do with the end of the world... ~Escritores

I also have some voice logs and alot of photos of that day.. SO if I may Mdm. President:

My Report to Mdm. Tussa my guild leader

My friends, neighbors, clansmates please do not cast this in lightness. I was there at the front line and died many times to get the logs you will see and died many more times getting in to get the photos that you will see..

This is a LARGE issue we need to address this right away..

Til the Clans are free!
    ~ Roger "Shadowset" Garanti (Member Clan Assembly)
    ~ Andrew "Boomtastic" Domtar (Member Clan Assembly)
    ~ Ta "Bloudless" Butcher (Member of the NLF)
    ~ Caviler "Cynotor" (Member of the NLF)
    ~ Chef "Ironox" (Member of the NLF)

Public files on Shadowset
    Ironox and Cooking with Iron!

Wow Shadowset...amazing sacrifice you made for this information. Much appreciated ^^
    Great pictures and a good log too...not every day such events have such detailed information available to all.
    Charissa Maephina Vein
    212 Metaphysicist
    Somehow i just know that Haiku Poets, Mimes and Martha Stewart will have something to do with the end of the world... ~Escritores

Originally posted by Shadowset

Til the Clans are free!
    Hmm, don't be surpsired if the Nanomage Liberation Front lawyers come calling on you.
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Originally posted by Savoy

Hmm, don't be surpsired if the Nanomage Liberation Front lawyers come calling on you.
    *writes down com number*

I welcome it.

*smiles politely*
    Last edited by Shadowset; Jul 30th, 2004 at 02:38:58.
    ~ Roger "Shadowset" Garanti (Member Clan Assembly)
    ~ Andrew "Boomtastic" Domtar (Member Clan Assembly)
    ~ Ta "Bloudless" Butcher (Member of the NLF)
    ~ Caviler "Cynotor" (Member of the NLF)
    ~ Chef "Ironox" (Member of the NLF)

Public files on Shadowset
    Ironox and Cooking with Iron!

The equipment of some of those Unicorn Company troopers certainly resemble what is found underneath the temples in the Shadowlands. Could they have managed to copy the gear and adapt it for their own use?
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

Every political faction on Rubi Ka has "adapated" technologies found in the Shadowlands for their own use in one fashion or another.

It should be no surprise to anyone that these special forces would have access to the top technology and equipment that Omni Tek has to offer.

These troopers being from Omni Prime just makes them all the more dangerous. The planet side Omni officials here on RK have no control over them and their actions. And they certainly will hold no regard for the lives and property of Clan and nuetrals alike.

Unless you are part of an extremely well funded, outfitted and heavily armed militia, organization or military force I would highly recommend anyone who encounters these elite forces give them a WIDE birth. I am certain there are those of you out there who wish to get as close as possible and ascertain what secrets they may be keeping or tending to while on RK.

Although death here on RK isn't permanent - be warned - these forces obviously have access to technology that you and I do not...nor those in OT here on RK. That means with each encounter and each attempt to engage or interfere with these forces anyone makes, you take the risk of comming under the influence of *quite possibly* alien technology. Alien to us here on RK at least.
    Last edited by Maephina; Jul 30th, 2004 at 18:43:47.
    Charissa Maephina Vein
    212 Metaphysicist

I'm quite sure Omni has a lot of tech that hasn't been sent to this little brush war. It would only make sense to keep their most potent stuff secret to use on a major foe like Sol Bank instead of us in the Clans. It sure sounds like OT was spooked into using some of it now though.

I'd be worried if I was Boss Ross and hadn't been the one requesting Unicorn's presence. Heck I might be worried if I was Boss Ross and felt compelled to call on these resources. I might be seen as incompenent to my superiors if I was Boss Ross..unable to deal with the situation at hand with the forces at hand.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

To me, these Unicorn look like nothing but Over-Stimmed Soldiers. I don't care if they're the most elite, everything must die someday.
    "I have no idea what you're talking about.."

Glenn "Stefano" Kyren - Lieutenant of The Black Company, Grandmaster Assassin for the Clans and proud supporter of Silverstone and the Sentinels.

Romulus "Arnthem" McChristian - Trigger Happy Soldier for the Company.

''The Wraiths never die, merely fade away. Only to appear when someone least expects it.'' - Shrine of the Wraith

The Black Company Forums
    Roleplaying Profile of Glenn "Stefano" Kyren

We can make do without the Unicorn Company employees on Rubi-Ka.
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

...the bottom line is that the Clans will take this just like we take everything else. We will fight no matter who "the board" decides to send our way. Take it in stride and prevail.

Again, this goes to show that Omni-Tek stops at nothing to enforce oppression of the free peoples of Rubi-Ka. We hear fancy words, and are continuously portrayed as the war-mongers by Omni-Tek fanatics. I ask, who the real war-mongers are....

I feel compelled to take mr. Houstons signature slogan and turn it around on him:

"By employing weapons of mass destruction, Omni-Tek are guaranteeing an outcome of war" - Advisor McDuff
    Anthony "Cogs" McDuff
    Veteran, Cerberus
    220 Supreme Creator : Master of Wheels...the lingerie modeling robot!

Cogs,

I find it difficult to see how this incident amounts to oppression.

There are two possible aspects of this incident one can pont their finger at Omni for: (1) an infringement of Clan territory and (2) engaging Clan troops in battle. Both of this things are everyday occurances on Rubi-Ka. Both Omni and Clan are guilty of this kind misconduct all the time.

So why all of the sudden you are giving me this "Omni oppression of the free people of Rubi-Ka" garbage?

Look, there is a mysterious crash in Mort and Omni-Tek sends some crack troop to investigate. Okay so perhaps there is a violation of territoriality there, Omni have no right to investigate something in Mort. But your on shakey ground here. Lord knows how many Clanners over the years have investigated the mysteries at the Steps of Madness in Omni Forest. If its oppression for Omni to conduct an investigation in a site in Mort, is it not oppression for Clan to investigate and equally mysterious site in Omni-Forest?

A firefight between Clan and Omni ensured at the site. I am fully prepared to believe Omni fired first. But I think it is also fair to say that the Clanners who approached the site were not unarmed civilians. Are you trying to tell me that this is the first time you have evere heard of Clan and Omni troops coming to blows? Come on, in the first year I was stationed on Rubi-Ka alone there were weekly Clan incursions on 2HO and 4 Holes.

I am not saying I am happy with how Omni-Tek ran this operation. I do wish to see a day when Omni Tek can request the CoT permission to send a team in Mort should there be another incident of this nature. But the CoT simply does not have that kind of authority at the moment (even the old CoT in its days failed to protect Omni workers in the North depsite its treaty obligations with OTRK) and the mess that ensued is just an example of what we see everyday on this planet and just another reason why we should be working together on a long-term peace plan.

Are you going to tell me the Clans would never consider violating Omni controlled territories? Are you going to tell me Clanners never fired the first shot in a fight?

Sorry, but how the hell does this add up to "oppression" Cogs, you tell me becasue I just don't see it.

Savoy

As usual, you make a good point, Savoy. I will apologize for using the word "oppression" in this context. Nevertheless, the fact remains that we see that Omni-Tek will use what force deemed necessary to uphold its iron-grip on Rubi-Ka; for an iron-grip it is.
    I think, in addition, that its time I point out again, that my quarrel is with Omni-Tek the corporation, and not the majority of fine individuals on your side of the fence. It seems to me this easily gets forgotten.
    Be well, and safe, miss.
    Anthony "Cogs" McDuff
    Veteran, Cerberus
    220 Supreme Creator : Master of Wheels...the lingerie modeling robot!

*cough*

Dare I ask which Clanner intelligence agency you got your information from that there are weapons of mass destruction? Dare I ask if you have proof that there are weapons of mass destruction before guranteeing a war?

Stop looking for excuses to fight Omni-Tek. It is time to move on, only if our differences can be set aside can progress be made to secure a prosperous future for Rubi-Ka. Why can't we use the resources as means of mass construction instead?
    Last edited by Kithrak; Aug 2nd, 2004 at 08:15:55.
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

While some of you might want to attach the normal Omni Tek vs. clan view on this, it's clear that this is a unique situation which has the power to effect everyone on this planet and not just the clans, and not just the Omni Tek corporate citizens.

With the Unicorn company coming in from outside Rubika, it could be assumed that they are operating without any control from the Omni board here on Rubika. If that's the case, we are all in danger. Who knows what could happen if the company was to find something of value in Rome or Omni Entertainment.

My feeling is that this could lead to something that goes way beyond the Omni Tek/Clan conflict. Sometimes we forget that the whole Universe doesn't exist just here on Rubika, and while some of us have grown up in the middle of this conflick, we forget that other threats exist outside this planet that threaten our freedom and our lives. These threats don't necessarily want money, or are willing to reason. While the clans complain about the oppression of Omni Tek, we could be under the oppression of another force which cannot be reasoned with. I'm sure something of that type does exist.

The Unicorn Company I believe has reminded all of us of the face of pure violence and how despite all the shortcomings of both sides, at least we are willing to lay down our guns and talk even if it is just exchanging insults.

Perhaps you should examine the loyalty you have for your employer then if you feel threatened. I agree, we may all be in danger. At the end of the day though, your still an employee and by staying an employee, give your support to whatever the corporation does. Remember, you and your fello employees are all supposed to operate at the behest of the corporation and follow their rule. We in the Clans follow our own path, beholden only to the family Clan we belong to and our friends.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    -Whisper's Edge-

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

No, no, no, you got it all wrong, again. All that working for Omni Tek implies is that a fellow has got a steady job. A fair days work for a fair days pay. What on Earth is wrong with that?

It’s the Clans I don’t understand. How does it all hang together? Outside of GSP, which are of course a successful business, and possibly the Mockers (less said the better), how the Clans work from a practical, economic point of view?

Let’s take your Clan, Whisper’s Edge, though I this relates just as much to hundreds of other Clans. I quote:

“Whisper's Edge was founded to intelligently fight against Omni-tek with both weapons and words; aid Neutrals in maintaining their independence; and helping all non-criminal Clan citizens survive and thrive on Rubi-ka.”

So how is all funded? I mean, while you are out intelligently fighting Omni, who pays the electricity bills? Where do you draw a salaries from? Do you draw salaries, or is it all one big communal thing?

I don’t imagine it is funded by the Council of Truth given that is was out of business for most of WE existence. Do you have a fabulously rich backer or are you all so independently wealthy you don’t need to work?

Maybe you just raid and loot Omni property Viking style. Maybe you do all have steady jobs. Monday to Friday you work in a shoes shop in downtown Tir, come Friday you don your armour, grab a gun and go fight Omni-Tek, intelligently of course. I don’t really know. It puzzles me

You may well say this is none of my business, and maybe you’d have a point. But I feel before you come and chastise us Omni for acting like responsible adults and working for a living, it would be only fair we understood how you guys do without, no?

Savoy

Point taken Savoy, prior to joining RUR I used to do contract work for the corporation. No one said I liked what I did, nor did I necessarily support the work but it was work and it gave me credits.

There is nothing wrong with working for a living. Nothing at all. Of course if you say work for someone who kills it's own employees....then I'd certainly question why I am working for them.

You and other employees seem vastly concerned by the actions of your employer's Unicorn Company division....why? Probably becuase most of you are decent people, just living life trying to get by. When do the outrages against your company become intolerable? When Unicorn Company guns you or someone you care about down? When the tunnel your working on collapses and the company doesn't attempt to rescue you becuase it isn't cost effective? When do you say enough is enough and look elsewhere for work? When do you become an "outlaw" and fight against an entity that so callously treats you and your co-workers.?
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    -Whisper's Edge-

Kissysuzuki -

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast