Thread: Two hits in a row?! Absured!!!

Two hits in a row?! Absured!!!

this something that has been bugging me since i bought AO a few weeks ago:

i am a lvl 17 soldier. never, and i mean NEVER have i hit a mob or other player two times in a row. well this is not technically correct as i HAVE hit the enemy but it does no damage. and i know i hit them because my gun makes a big green flash when i hit my target. so if i attack someone, my first hit does damage but my second, whether it hits the enemy or not, does no damage. then my third will do damage only if i hit the enemy. if i miss, the next time i hit the enemy it will do damge and skip the time after that. similarly odd, special attacks NEVER miss. whether or not i hit or miss the enemy, my special attacks always do damage.

in the first case, it seems that the "no two hits in a row" affects mosters too. in the second case, if a monster misses me on a special attack it does no damage. now believe me i dont mind an edge over my opponent but thats not fair. i just wanted to know how aware people are of this and if it was on the agenda to by fixed in a future patch.

This is one of those times in an RPG where you have to put on your Imagination Hat... I'm pretty sure the extra shots are there in the animations just to look cool.

If not, then each damage report you get is the sum of all the damage you did in your last 2-3 hits.

Get what I'm saying?

yes i completely get what you're saying. in fact thats exactly what i imagined it to be in my head, but this is one case where i dont really think i should need to use my imaginaton. no big deal. i just wanted to know how others felt about this.
    I fart in your general direction! Your mother was a hampster and your father smelt of elderberries...now go away or i shall taunt you a second time!

- French Knight

I think this is a small bug where the client and server really aren't in sync. The first is a false animation and the second is the actual shot(or vice versa). Watch the attack bar, you should get one actual attack every time the bar goes right and then have to wait the recharge time. You see two shots but only one is registered to the server.

Sort of annoying but at least it doesn't affect

Mustafo

hrm, along the same two hit line, can anyone tell me if cyborgs are supposed to be able to both use a projectile weapon AND hit you with a melee attack.
    had a mission filled with them, and they kept shooting and hitting me in the same fight, and to my best memory that "feature" was taken out a few patches ago, but maybe this is a feature unique to cyborgs, in any case i'd like to know