Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fake message by Philip Ross.

Since there's surplus of fake orders and memos aropund we can always presume Omni-Pol is renegade here...or Board of Directors.....let's face it .....right hand knows not what left one is doing. OT chain of command is broken as intendend. Best course of action would be for Omni-Tek to leave planet ( employees are welcomed to stay), so that this internal struggle doesn't erupt on this planet.
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

Do you all know why the UC is even here?

I don't think they announced their reasons for even being on this planet to anyone just yet, have they? Seen any press releases yet? Nope, and you aren't likely to. They are here for a reason, though. They don't come all this way for OT-Prime to sit and have tea with Ross Boy. No, they have an agenda and I am quite certain they don't care about any of the rank and file OT workers concerns about them.

If the UC is "breaking a law" according to some here, what law is that? OT code? Or galactic law (whatever the hell that is and whoever the hell administers it) perhaps? I'm missing something here. The parent corporation makes your laws, do they not? They don't have to TELL you they are changing the rules mid-stride. Come on! This is Omni! You know, the corporation that shoots people that disagree with it! As if they would tell YOU anything.

According to the more vociferious OT evangelists here, Omni-Tek has a mandate to lease this entire planet, although you have not been able to work the entire planet as you would have liked to due to the rebellion and other reasons we won't get into here. Suffice it to say, I am quite certain that the masters from the galaxy far, far away are none too pleased with the fact that you OTRK'ers haven't sucked this planet for all it's worth yet. Come on! What's taking you guys so long? They are just rebels, smoke them out and get to mining! I have a golf tournament to attend to and my mistress gets cranky when I am late coming back from these meetings.

The UC is just going to be one of a long string of things that shakes up the world of Rubi-Ka. Who knows what Omni-Prime has in mind? So, are all of you OTRK'ers ready to become rebels against your parent corporation yet, because I can guarentee you they don't much approve of how you have handled planetary affairs as of late. We have places for you all in the Clans.

P.S. Marisha always makes me laugh. The "Space Lawyer" strikes again.
    -----------------------------------
    The few, the proud...the Traders.
    -----------------------------------

Maartens - 220 Mogul and former gadfly of Rimor. Now I'm just a major n00b.

In defeat, malice. In victory, revenge!

Quote Originally Posted by Savoy
    They are Omni-Tek soldiers, they no question of that. All I am contesting is the inference some made that they are working under an offical mandate from a higher OT authority than Omni-Pol. The fact that the "ponies" have been breaking the law and that Omni-Pol has acted to apprehend them suggests to me that they are no more than the latest sybversive, rogue Omni faction, like Chimera, Decadence or the Sinister Anarchists before them. Many of these claimed to be the "true spirit" of Omni-Tek while at the same time defying OT's laws, procedure adn chain of command. Fortunately they have all been dealt with and no longer pose a threat to Omni, Neutral or Clan security. I predict the same fate awaits the Unicorn Company.

Savoy
    Uh huh. The latest group of so-called "rogue" Omni, doing the dirty work and then taking the fall for it so that Omni-Admin can maintain plausible deniability. Brilliant.
    Delia "Aerinyi" Jett
    General of Whisper's Edge
    Atlantean

The doctirne of "plausible deniability" would first and foremost require the Unicorn Company to deny they are working under orders from Omni-Prime. And let us not forget Chimera drew many of Omni-Tek faction leaders in a trap to be slaughtered by Storm.

Nice theory, it does nto match the facts.

Savoy
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Could this "false message" be something from the Dust Brigade?

Since whenever they show up at Omni or Clan citys we normally just send them back to their last place of reclaim (where ever that is).

Sending out false transmissions might be another means of causing "problems" without the embarrisment of sitting in reclaim.

Just my thoughts as a "Valued Omni-Tek Employee"

I wonder though - does it really matter what Mr. Ross says or not? Since no word from Omni-Tek can be believed, why should this one make the difference?

It has always seemed to be a part of us humans to expect mysteries and conspiracies behind everything. Rumors about Unicorn Company, a crashed spaceship, revelations of sorts by Ross and their denial, it all fits all too well.

This story makes for a nice novel, but for the lack of any facts, this better be put into the "fiction" than in "news".
    Corrine Daimoness Wright
    - Veteran of Apocalypse
    - General of the Mercury Dragons (ret.)
    - Member of the Grumpy Old Crat Bunch

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Editor: OTPC
    We have definitive proof that this was an elaborate hoax contrived by a terrorist group and transmitted from a building in the terrorist held city of Old Athens.
    Prove it.

Terrorist held city of Old Athens?
    Wonderful generalization by the OTPC there. So the position of Omni Tek is that the clans are nothing more than a terrorist regime?

I could list several instances where the corporation has used tactics easily labled as "terrorism" against the people of Rubi Ka but to do so would take a considerable amount of time and space on this grid feed.

As the saying goes, talk is cheap. And even though it doesn't surprise me that the OTPC would take a cheap shot such as this, it is rather insulting to anyone of intelligence. I have to ask my self why I even bothered to read this garbage or any of the other trash published by this press corp.
    I remember back on earth we had these rags that would be sold in convienience stores called "tabloids"...OTPC reminds me a lot of those without the funny pictures.
    Charissa Maephina Vein
    212 Metaphysicist
    My RP Profile Conflicted Voice Pak Plus!
    Somehow i just know that Haiku Poets, Mimes and Martha Stewart will have something to do with the end of the world... ~Escritores

is there a diplomatic solution .. like war
    /tell Cashup

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12