Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fake message by Philip Ross.

Fake message by Philip Ross.

Board of Directors
    Omni-Tek Corporation

August 29478 -- (OTPC) -- The Board of Directors of the Omni-Tek Corporation has released a statement regarding a "fake message" by Philip Ross.

Upon investigation the Omni-Tek Corporation has discovered that the message from Philip Ross is false. We have definitive proof that this was an elaborate hoax contrived by a terrorist group and transmitted from a building in the terrorist held city of Old Athens. Again, please disregard this falsified message, as it did not originate from the Omni-Tek Corporation or Mr. Philip Ross.

Stupid terrorists.
    lol hehe wtf pwnt bbq

It wasn't me. Hmm...I wonder if THIS is a faked message and not the first. Do I sense maybe a house divided. I'll be watching....
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

OMG!! How did they find out? They where not supposed to know I did it. O well. I guess I need to do something else secretive o.0!

To me, every message from Omni-Tek is fake and filled with lies, what makes this any different?
    "I have no idea what you're talking about.."

Glenn "Stefano" Kyren - Lieutenant of The Black Company, Grandmaster Assassin for the Clans and proud supporter of Silverstone and the Sentinels.

Romulus "Arnthem" McChristian - Trigger Happy Soldier for the Company.

''The Wraiths never die, merely fade away. Only to appear when someone least expects it.'' - Shrine of the Wraith

The Black Company Forums
    Roleplaying Profile of Glenn "Stefano" Kyren

With all this comotion about Ross not doing anything or lying about things... It sounds to me that he doesnt exist at all... At least not anymore....

Ashes to ashes? dust to dust?
    Whine more plz I feed on your tears

Ethernal- "Friends don't let friends infonet drunk"

My internet is waaaay faster than yours so you can suck my fiberoptic!

This is a little confusing. Is this in response to the message delivered about land? They make it sound like it was a statement on troop movement or something critical with the war. This is what it should have said instead.

"A terrorist organisation said that you will get land. That was a lie, they wish to decieve you. In fact we will be raising taxes on all current Omni-Tek facilities."

At least the Board of Directors refered to the city as Old Athens and not the dead name of Omni 2 that so many Omni-Tek employees seem to have picked up from their grandparents.
    ArchPriest Katelin 'Lunayu' Saar - Former President of the Guild of Meta-Physics
    Former Council Member of the Council of Truth

House Demonslap
    A little Anger never hurt Nobody...

"It's called an Anger Manifestation not a Love Manifestation!"
    "And how does that make you feel?"

hit

Fixerben stares with a very blank expression on his face...and BURSTS OUT LAUGHING!!!

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Oh sweet mary mother of jesus thats hilarious. They screw up and blame it on the Clanners. What a joke...tell me another one OTPC...please make me laugh some more. We should hire the Omni reporters to come to The Cup and tell Anti-Clanner jokes, maybe they will get them right.

So uhh how many Clanners does it take to screw in a light bulb?
    Duh...I dunno how many can fit inside one? *ba dum dum chish*

On second thought lets apply some logic to this situation...

1. Unicorns show up on Rubi-Ka with orders from Omni-Prime.
    2. Ross releases a public statement announcing the sale of land to private owners.
    3. Omni-Prime Board of Directors withdraws Ross' statement for him.

Someones pulling awfully hard on Ross' strings, and he seems to be tugging right back. Internal power struggle anyone?
    Last edited by Fixerben; Aug 22nd, 2004 at 07:17:30.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

So the terrorists say.
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

Ben,

How is it you are so willing to believe that the Unicorn Company is here on Omni Prime's direct orders when the only proof of that we have is the Unicorns own word, and yet you put in question every single thing OTPC publishes? If you don't trut Omni sources, you should not trust waht the Unicorns say either , no?

Or is it simply that you believe whatever you like to believe?

Savoy
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

so what are you saying Savoy? The UC and Omni Pol Division 6 are acting on their own...or worse yet, with orders from Boss Ross? Think of the implications... *smiles*

Who among the clans would do something like that? Why? Whats the gain?

Yes Astera, that is what I have been saying all along. UC have been acting like bandits, Omni Pol have been upholding the law. I know Omni Pol, I don't know this Unicorn Company.

The fact that the claim to be operating under Omni-Prime orders but they then carry on in complete disregard of the law seems suspect to me. I am not just going to believe what UC say just based on their own claims. If their credentials were really in order, would Omni Pol be fighting them?

You guys are so good at conspiracy theories and casting doubt on every single word Omni-Tek employees utters. How is it the only Omnis you choose to actually believe are these 'ponies'?

Savoy

The cynic in me suggests that the clans may secretly respect the thuggish natures of the Unicorn Brigade, and see in them a kindred spirit. Therefore, they interpret their words as true because of the deep connection they feel with them.

Alternately, they could just believe anything an Omni-Tek employee says, so long as it supports their existing beliefs.
    Marisha Durousseau, War Dominatrix of The Honored Maidens

Resources exist to be consumed. And consumed they will be, if not by this generation then by some future. By what right does this forgotten future seek to deny us our birthright?--CEO Nwabudike Morgan, "The Ethics of Greed"

Read Marisha's Journal, and see what she's doing

Quote Originally Posted by Savoy
    Omni Pol have been upholding the law. I know Omni Pol, I don't know this Unicorn Company.
    Umm...Savoy think about what you just said. The law for Omni personnel is the word of the Board on Omni-Prime. If the UC received orders from Omni-Prime then that word is law.

Either way you look at whats happening here something is wrong. Either UC went renegade, or Ross went renegade. I personally never said I beleive either way, I only suggested theories. Theories are simply ideas to be tested on the basis of facts, not a solid beleif. I have personally been exploring a lot of possibilities in my own mind, some not even stated here on this grid feed.

Just understand that a theory is just that, a theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Kithrak
    So the terrorists say.
    And as for you Mr. Houston, I'd think that yours and my dealings in the past would have convinced you that I am at least not a terrorist, lest the comment was not directed at me. Unless for some reason you've decided to forget my aid to you in previous matters of wanton public slaughter by a notable person hiding in Omni-Entertainment. We are out for the same ends Mr. Houston, though we see from different sides of the fence.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

You guys are so good at conspiracy theories and casting doubt on every single word Omni-Tek employees utters.

Uhm...was that SAVOY who just said that? Try taking a look back at everything thats happened in the past year. Neutrals Beware, the CoT is coming for you! Goodness...

Not only that, but your question about the UC is wrong. I have a feeling that most of us really don't care who they are or what they have to say. They're here, which does suggest something other than "everything is fine".

Marisha,

You always make me laugh.

Those darn clanner terrorists. They will pay now! (me pulls out his remote to signal the toxic notum gas to be dropped on the Clanner city of Athens)
    Omni-tek will own all j00 clanners!
    "Ignorance is bliss."
    Phat'est Trader on Rimor
    Phat = Pretty Hot and Tempting.
    Entrepreneur Grandmaster "Chacapo" Baiter - Forever Nerfed
    Also known as 'Poir'
    Clanners will be crushed!
    Omni-Tek shall prevail!
    One of the First Traders on Rimor To Have Nanobot Defense and Grand Theft Humidity

Quote Originally Posted by Fixerben
    Umm...Savoy think about what you just said. The law for Omni personnel is the word of the Board on Omni-Prime. If the UC received orders from Omni-Prime then that word is law.
    That is not strictly true. Every company has regulations, each employee has a contract and terms of employment and Omni-Tek itself is subject to ICC law. I will meet you halfway though, and accept that there could be times some Omni-Tek leaders might choose to circumvent the law and fund black op teams. After all when you are up against the likes of Sol Banking, it may be sometimes necessary to fight fire with fire. But should that happen, you can be pretty sure the black ops would not run around shouting "Hey guys, Omni Prime sent us!".

Anyway, I glad we now agree that it's an "if" UC received orders from Omni-Prime.

Quote Originally Posted by Fixerben
    Either way you look at whats happening here something is wrong. Either UC went renegade, or Ross went renegade. I personally never said I beleive either way, I only suggested theories. Theories are simply ideas to be tested on the basis of facts, not a solid beleif. I have personally been exploring a lot of possibilities in my own mind, some not even stated here on this grid feed.
    I think the renegade theory is very likely. Saddly it would not be the first time we have a rogue faction among us. Which is why I find it so uplifting that Omni-tek and Clan forces have joined together to fight these rogues.

Savoy

Omni-Prime

Unicorn Company - breed build biomachical task force who's brains have been programed by Omni-Prime Directors themselves to see their word as law?
    Seems to explain omni-pol's intrest in cyborg tech a bit back... they wanted their own! Omni-Prime cares about one thing only, filling their pockets, they dont care if the money bloody or drirty... and Ross will "disapear" most likely back to Omni-Prime for some "treatment for an unknown illness", or brainwashing. And Omni-Pol's laws only apply if you are an Omni employee, you clan or nuetral, be lucky you just shot!
    Last edited by Sworn; Aug 23rd, 2004 at 10:15:55.

Quote Originally Posted by Savoy
    That is not strictly true. Every company has regulations, each employee has a contract and terms of employment and Omni-Tek itself is subject to ICC law. I will meet you halfway though, and accept that there could be times some Omni-Tek leaders might choose to circumvent the law and fund black op teams. After all when you are up against the likes of Sol Banking, it may be sometimes necessary to fight fire with fire. But should that happen, you can be pretty sure the black ops would not run around shouting "Hey guys, Omni Prime sent us!".

Anyway, I glad we now agree that it's an "if" UC received orders from Omni-Prime.

I think the renegade theory is very likely. Saddly it would not be the first time we have a rogue faction among us. Which is why I find it so uplifting that Omni-tek and Clan forces have joined together to fight these rogues.

Savoy
    Excellent. Go prove they aren't on Omni-Prime's orders then. They appear in every way to be Omni-Tek soldiers, many Omni employees seem to believe that they are in fact Omni-Tek soldiers, so it seems to me that the burden of proof lies on Omni-Tek to prove otherwise. Go find out, and let us know what the result is.
    Delia "Aerinyi" Jett
    General of Whisper's Edge
    Atlantean

Quote Originally Posted by Aerinyi
    Excellent. Go prove they aren't on Omni-Prime's orders then. They appear in every way to be Omni-Tek soldiers, many Omni employees seem to believe that they are in fact Omni-Tek soldiers, so it seems to me that the burden of proof lies on Omni-Tek to prove otherwise. Go find out, and let us know what the result is.
    They are Omni-Tek soldiers, they no question of that. All I am contesting is the inference some made that they are working under an offical mandate from a higher OT authority than Omni-Pol. The fact that the "ponies" have been breaking the law and that Omni-Pol has acted to apprehend them suggests to me that they are no more than the latest sybversive, rogue Omni faction, like Chimera, Decadence or the Sinister Anarchists before them. Many of these claimed to be the "true spirit" of Omni-Tek while at the same time defying OT's laws, procedure adn chain of command. Fortunately they have all been dealt with and no longer pose a threat to Omni, Neutral or Clan security. I predict the same fate awaits the Unicorn Company.

Savoy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast