Thread: RKDC Initial Report Supplemental WJ37B (Public Release Version)

Post RKDC Initial Report Supplemental WJ37B (Public Release Version)

I am pleased to announce the inception of the Rubi-Ka Diplomatic Commission, as outlined in Omni-Administrative Services order OKRKAS185-59A7.

We are ready and eager to preform our duties, including assessing the political relationships between the Corporation and the various independent communities of Rubi-Ka, and reporting any observations and recommendations coming from those assessments to the executive officers.

Upon our initial assessment of the Corporation's global orientation, we have already identified an issue effecting our diplomatic capacity that needs to be addressed.

Diplomacy is an efficient, cost-effective means to resolve disputes without the burdensome overhead of using direct force. However, in order for diplomatic negotiation to be successful our words must have the weight of implied force behind them. The chronic terrorist attacks in Omni-1 and Rome, initiated by rogue clansmen, creates the false perception that we are not powerful enough to defend our cities. This in turn has a negative impact in our dealings with the independant communities which rely on the Corporation for global security.

In order to address this situation the Commission has the following recommendations:

- Allocate an additional funding block of type 23RNF-098B to Omni-Pol in order to enhance the strength of our security forces stationed at our whompahs and grid exits, particularly those in Omni-1 and Rome.

- An immediate public announcement from Omni-Tek urging Omni citizens to get involved in apprehending or eliminating these criminals while Omni-Pol is in the process of upgrading. All loyal employees should help when able.

- We applaud the institution of Omni-Pol's new "Insta-warrant"(R) system which "flags" the most dangerous suspects and allows them to be eliminated by available forces in the area. This system should be kept in place.

We expect the results of the above actions to be twofold:

First, the most immediate effect will be a reduction in Clan incursions in our cities. Not only will this make our cities safer, we will also be able to better project an image of hightened security and strength to the world. This projection of stability will greatly enhance the Corporation's ability to function as a global government.

[PARAGRAPH REMOVED FROM PUBLIC VERSION]

In conclusion, the Commission finds that increasing the guards in our cities will reap significant dividends in both direct security as well as the Corporation's global diplomatic capabilities.

- Commissioner Nick Noodle
    - Commissioner Vayde Stormseeker
    - Commissioner Jacob Stroud

((Edit: Commissioner Stormseeker's signature added))
    Last edited by Jacob Stroud; Aug 29th, 2004 at 00:32:24.
    Administrator Jacob Stroud
    Omni-Tek Department Affiliate Program - Administrative Representative, Rimor

Omni-Administrative Services Special Operations Subdepartment K-62
    Commissioner, RKDC

/me coughs

Dont forget your under complete command of your overlords on Omni-Prime You cant boss them around.

((OOC: edit Typed it too fast and mispelt complete ))
    Whine more plz I feed on your tears

Ethernal- "Friends don't let friends infonet drunk"

My internet is waaaay faster than yours so you can suck my fiberoptic!

These are recomendations from the Diplomatic Commision of Rubi Ka.
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

I haven't heard a word about this from Phillip Ross anywhere. I am always enjoying the rank-and-file coming out and saying that "we are going to do this" and "we declare this" and "you should all help us to kill those nasty Clanners for daring to defy our right and just place as rulers of this planet".

Feh, I say to you, Jacob "Strung-Out" Stroud, for you must be if you think we'd actually stand for such nonsense.

OT will NEVER again rule this planet. Not as long as there is a single human being that cares about freedom, justice and the rights of ALL to conduct commerce and travel in a free, peaceful manner, you won't. I don't see how any of this should be something I would even bother to consider. I barely want to read it at all, but it's somehow enjoyable from time to time to watch one of the little fleas on the back of the big OT elephant scream at the top of their lungs about how they are in control of this big pachyderm.

I can't WAIT until the elephant brings it's trunk up and squashes those fleas like the little vermin they are. Perhaps then we can get to some serious negotiations with the REAL rulers of this corporation, and then we can find out how committed to peace you really are, instead of this little smokescreen designed to put Clan off-guard so that your troops from off-planet can smash us like bugs. Perhaps Phillip Ross allows you to spout off the way you do for that very purpose. To lull Clan organizations into a false sense of security so that the big bugs can come suck all of the lifeblood from all of us that don't wear the "Mark Of The Beast".

The Diplomatic Commission of Rubi-Ka? Sanctioned by whom? Where is the affadavit declaring this to be a legitimate commission from the OT administration? Where is the announcement from Phillip Ross declaring that this Diplomatic Commission now has plentipotentiary powers with which to negotiate with Clan organizations and is prepared and authorized to give away things that OT has historically had as potential negotiating tools? Surely you don't think we'd believe any of you unless HE says it is true, because we know that, despite your little brouhaha about this newfound power you seem to claim you have, HE rules OT and what HE says GOES.

Of course, there aren't any. The only thing this "diplomatic corps" has done so far is to ask for more weapons, more people to defend OT territory and more troops with which to smash Clanners and regain the global government that OT wants to again have. Negotiations, my pasty nanomage tuckus.

Haven't heard a peep from Ross Way this week. Or this month. Sorry, boys. Nice try. We in Clan are not that daft.
    -----------------------------------
    The few, the proud...the Traders.

Maartens - 220 Mogul and former gadfly of Rimor. Now I'm just a major n00b.

In defeat, malice. In victory, revenge!

*Pulls soapbox out and sets it in front of forum platform*

Darn it Joshua you pretty much said everything I had in my mind...

*Puts soapbox back in and walks back to Old Athens*
    [Team] Darich: this sucks. only 2 adds so far lol

Sigh, why must an attempt to suggest improvements be slaughtered at the birth like a innocent lamb? I t makes me wonder what kind of motives lie behind...
    As the report say, and I must point out again, these are recomendations.
    We strive for a better life for our every day employee. Now sit back and read through it again. Thouroghly this time please.

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

Um, no offense there, Naef...but both sides suffer from the "wow, I'm still "flagged" after this big combat and now I am going to go see if someone wants to take me on syndrome". If that is your idea of "rogue clan terrorists" then puhleeeeeeeeze spare me. I used to sit in Old Athen minding my own business at least once a day at the guild hangout and watch the guards run hither and yon chasing some "flagged" Omni dink as he was looking for fights and other flagged Clanners because...well...who knows why these people do what they do. Perhaps their parents weren't nurturning enough, and so to make up for this severe lack of attention that they didn't get when they were toddlers, they are now making up for it by running about with their pants down, flashing their badonkadonks to all in view and yelling out "You wanna piece of this...I know you do...look how big and bad I am". Such Onanism. It's quite...pathetic. Braggarts are generally people who have to compensate for something that is lacking in their lives, such as, oh, I don't know, accomplishment perhaps. This is veering off course from the topic, but it does sort of go in with why we have these hyperactive Gunga Din types running around "flagged" all the time.

Quite honestly, I did read his proposal quite thoroughly. And he says NOTHING about negotiations. My response is quite accurate in summing up what he says. He wants more troops, more people, and more power so you all can take the planet back over again. Fair enough. I get it. No change at all in OT policy up to this point. Thanks, I think I understand.

What, having all the high quality LCA's isn't good enough for you? Give it a rest. When Daddy Ross speaks about serious negotiations, I'll pay attention. Beyond that, it's just wishful thinking by more power hungry OT technocrats that want a bigger say in the corporation. Sorry, but you chose your side, and your side has that nice bylaw that states "One Man, One Corporation". When you decide to join the side of FREEDOM, then you may have a say in your own governance. That side would be Clan. You chose the big black machine, not me. Now, you must lie in the bed that you made. But hey, it's your friend. But your friend won't give your voice any impetus or power. So sorry, some friend.

Negotiations? Who said anything about that exept you Joshuacrime? Never mind answering please.

All Omni employees who may have ideas for improvements may express so to the Diplomatic Commision of Rubi Ka. We will then strive to further those ideas in a attempt to make life better for us all. If you are interested in making an effort yourself,by joining the commision, feel free to contact either myself or Mr.JacobStroud.

Nick "Naefen" Noodle

Commissioner of the RKDC

William Butler Yeats

Well too bad for j00

I am not your bloody pet, and I do not bark on your command. Name me in your replies, and I assure you that I WILL respond.

Honestly, what is the point of a "Diplomatic Commission" if it is not in the business of diplomacy? Negotiation is a seriously huge portion of diplomacy. Perhaps the OT version of diplomacy is just like I have always said it was. Warfare, which as Clauswitz's brilliant strategic volume On War mentions, is diplomacy by other means. Well, he was up to his ears in the Napoleonic Wars on Earth, so he was good at turning war into diplomatic methodology, and in a way I suppose it is. But we know which side of diplomacy YOU are on, which is war.

In future, you can save yourself some typing and never again dare to presume I will do anything you say in any way, shape or form. If I feel something needs addressed, I will address it. My title does not say "Subordinate to Naefen" or "Omni-Tek Drone First Class Maartens", so spare me the orders there, Obersturmfuhrer.

Tsk tsk tsk how narrow minded and up-tight one can get.
    Some are so stuck up on theyre own agenda they fail to recognize that witch happens around them and has nothing to do with them.
    Diplomacy on the planet of Rubi Ka is in no way restricted to the Omni Tek-clan relationship.

Im sorry for those who can only see things theyre own way and in no way rid themselfes of theyre egoistic point of view. Well all I can say,again, is that the Diplomatic Commision of Rubi Ka strives for a better environment for the law-abiding populace on Rubi Ka.

So again I say. No we do not intend,at present time, in any way to be some sorts of peace negotiating commision. We are here to make life better for all that wants to accept our help. How can you get help from us? Please read previous posts again....

Commissioner of the RKDC

William Butler Yeats

Quote Originally Posted by Naefen
    Im sorry for those who can only see things theyre own way and in no way rid themselfes of theyre egoistic point of view. Well all I can say,again, is that the Diplomatic Commision of Rubi Ka strives for a better environment for the law-abiding populace on Rubi Ka.
    Any view by one of "omni-tek's Law-abidings citizens" we abide by our laws, not yours.
    Whine more plz I feed on your tears

Ethernal- "Friends don't let friends infonet drunk"

My internet is waaaay faster than yours so you can suck my fiberoptic!

And what laws are that Kranden? Your clans laws? Or all the clans different laws?
    A clansman saying "we abide by our laws" is simply to vague.....
    Or have you all agreed on a law for all the clans that the rest of the planet havent heard of yet??

Commissioner of the RKDC

William Butler Yeats