Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Map Marking...Anyone??

Wink Map Marking...Anyone??

I always thought it would be waaaay cool if you could mark your maps. Right click and set a flag. Especially in a dungeon. Man, would that save some time or what??

Thinks about it...right-click and mark the elevator. Right-Click and mark your guild's meeting spot. Right-Click and mark the whompa.

Sounds good eh?

I would love that!

I think we could have a whole new tab in our HUD- a list of waypoints. Say you find some pretty waterfall- throw a waypoint down. You could turn them on and off, so if you were going to a mission there you could make the yellow indicator go away.
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

nice

ooooo... I really like that idea! We'd prolly use the waypoints tab a lot more than we use the reference tab. And we could name them after we created them. It has a lot of potential!

This has been suggested countless times since...well...probably since first alpha testing But certainly since release.

And I would LOVE this feature. So here's a BUMP for you
    Seid. Clan Nano Technician, Atlantean
    Proud member of Opposing Force ( Website )
    Seid's Hideout : Home of the Friends List Tool
    I would like to see a mail system in AO, for letters, money and goods, and with mail order !

Bumptastic very sound idea

Thumbs up

Bumping.
    Troll Commando, doing the dirty work that need to be done.

bong.
    Stercoral.

Circle G Inc. - Your safety is our business.
    http://nattguiden.no/circle-g/

Bump it till it falls over...
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

I was playing Neverwinter nights for the first time last night, and saw that they had a "pin" feature that allowed you to mark your maps. You dragged the pin to the part of the map you want marked and a dialogue box appeared for that pin in which you could write a note as to what that pin was. Made me drool about the idea if implemented onto AO...

Yea it would come in VERY handy!!

Which is probably why Funcom hasnt/didnt implement it yet..go figure.

I know that there's a ton of politics that go into even the most minor changes in the game. I'm sure they have a committee who decides what the most important changes are that need to be implemented in the game. Those things, like map marking, probably get left in the dust because it's not an essential item in the game. But if you think about it, it really is. I think that anything that could remove frustration from the game is important. It keeps people coming back. And anything that keeps people coming back to the game is worth changing.

Originally posted by Vorpal Bunny
    I know that there's a ton of politics that go into even the most minor changes in the game. I'm sure they have a committee who decides what the most important changes are that need to be implemented in the game. Those things, like map marking, probably get left in the dust because it's not an essential item in the game. But if you think about it, it really is. I think that anything that could remove frustration from the game is important. It keeps people coming back. And anything that keeps people coming back to the game is worth changing.
    ----

'not an essential item'? How about "Better liquid graphics" in this new patch? Heh....

I can just imagine myself setting up a nice jogging route for my adv on the map, setting up an "Follow waypoint" feature on a nd take that morning jog around Rubi-Ka... Mmm...

Bump! (whatever it means)

LOL... good point! I bet we could probably come up with a hearty list of things that they have patched that were unecessary. Better liquid graphics indeed! Ya, great, I can't wait until they add that. It'll make the game so much better that I'll be coming back for more just because I want to look at the water!

Yah, now that the liquid graphics are nicer, we might just need that swim stim!

saw the liquid graphics... not impressed.

Very nice idea that pin the map thing. Pin a place you are like the Yutto camp in the wailing wastes, or a specific spawn camp you like. .and make a lil sidenote.

NOTE: Shade camp, 1800x1200 SE 20k, where the lil froogies are!

*Froogies are frogs, and this is the only area i see them hopping around.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast