Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Philip Ross releases statement on land auctions.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Crime
    It might seem to be a wonderful portent for those of us that wish to see the back of OT broken and driven back into the cave which spawned it.
    Okay, techincally speaking it was the Clans that were spawned in a cave.. or at least a mine.

No question, for those of us intent on revenge and retribution, that this is a very good development.
    Ha! So the truth at last about its all about!

Except for one problem, I think. Most likely it is SBC that bankrolls the Dust Brigade (at least that's my theory) or perhaps even the ICC itself.
    Huh?

The way it goes now, all of the Omni's believe the DB is a Clan hit squad, and it makes OT look bad to say such things.
    Huh?

It further complicates matters to continue that line now that it's out there, because no matter how many times they hit Clan sites, the viewpoint is still there.
    I don't see the issue with that. It has been made clear to us many times that the Clans are all distinct and independent, each one following its own agenda. I suspect most external observes ares suprised there is not more Clan vs Clan conflict.

Perhaps we in Clan don't think very highly of OTRK. I certainly don't. But, as the saying goes, better the devil you know than the devil you do not know.
    We are so flattered.

Savoy
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Okay, techincally speaking it was the Clans that were spawned in a cave.. or at least a mine.
    No, I think the Clan population was spawned much the same way the Omni-Tek population was spawned. By sexual reproduction or by cloning or whatever it is they do to make an Atrox. Here we go again with the "dirty Clanner" schtick. It's SO high-school. Cheap shot. Bad form.

Ha! So the truth at last about its all about!
    No, the "truth" varies from Clanner to Clanner about how to feel about this development. As the statement "for those of us" refers to that segment of Clanners that might wish to feel that way and not "all of us", I think it stands on it's own. Read into it your own deepest wishes. It doesn't make it true. Another cheap shot. That's two.

Huh? That's IT? Come now, you can surely do better. It's been theorized by many more people than myself that the Dust Brigade has off-planet backers. SBC would seem the most logical entity, as it's rich and friendly history with Omni-Tek might not exactly make it your best compadre in the cosmverse. But you could make a case that some hardline faction of the ICC wants to see OT fail and having a domestic terrorist provacateur like the Dust Brigade around to stir up trouble for you is not too far fetched. It's theory, certainly, but it happens to make sense. And OT people that wish to keep on badgering us about how the Dust Brigade is merely another Clan organization, I think we've covered that nicely by now. It does make you look bad in the eyes of Clanners everywhere (and quite a few Neutrals and Omnis as well), because your continued support of the theory when I think you can say quite safely that it isn't true, only makes you look like your trying to constantly ram something down the throats of those who have already closed their mouths off to such bilge.

I don't see the issue with that. It has been made clear to us many times that the Clans are all distinct and independent, each one following its own agenda. I suspect most external observes ares suprised there is not more Clan vs Clan conflict.
    We have our own "agendas" as different Clans, certainly. But they are not so far reaching as "well some of us want no fight with Omni, but some of us want to blow them up, oh and some Neuts and some other Clanners too". I can make the same case about the DB being a hit squad of a faction of nut Omni's too. It doesn't make it so, it's just a theory. But you are trying to say that because we are all not following under the same holy banner, that we should be at each others throats. That's probably how it is at Omni, with all of those departments trying to get the best budget for themselves as is possible (honestly or not). I bet your quarterly reports must be the best finger pointing, blame laying, ass covering events this side of...anywhere. Maybe because you are so used to seeing such cutthroat behavior, you expect every organization to act like that. Not here, lady. Look elsewhere. The Dust Brigade is seperate from all of us (save for those undoubtedly crazy people that actually sympathize with them and think that makes them save from them).

We are so flattered.
    I'm quite glad to hear it. Your sarcasm is well noted, but hardly something I will lose any sleep over.
    -----------------------------------
    The few, the proud...the Traders.

Maartens - 220 Mogul and former gadfly of Rimor. Now I'm just a major n00b.

In defeat, malice. In victory, revenge!

Here we go again with the "dirty Clanner" schtick. It's SO high-school. Cheap shot. Bad form.
    Aw come on!! Do we really have time for this??
    The "schtick" as you describe it is what you swing wildly every day Joshua.
    It has come to the point where even trying to make sence seems futile.
    Sorry but I just dont have the time for this nonsence right now....
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

Watch what new excuse he comes up with to say 'praise the Clans, for we are right!' then condem the non-believe...er I mean non-Clanners for not taking up their violent and immoral yet 'good' ways. Then try to preach that his value system is the one true value system over others.

In short, he is a Clan fanatic.
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

It might seem to be a wonderful portent for those of us that wish to see the back of OT broken and driven back into the cave which spawned it.
    No, I think the Clan population was spawned much the same way the Omni-Tek population was spawned.
    So, it was in a cave, then.

It's SO high-school. Cheap shot. Bad form.
    Indeed. I couldn’t agree more. Yes, I know the first statement was probably just a figure of speech, but you made it just so easy with your outrage over Savoy’s little jab.
    Marisha Durousseau, War Dominatrix of The Honored Maidens

Resources exist to be consumed. And consumed they will be, if not by this generation then by some future. By what right does this forgotten future seek to deny us our birthright?--CEO Nwabudike Morgan, "The Ethics of Greed"

Read Marisha's Journal, and see what she's doing

So, it was in a cave, then.
    A universal affirmative can only be partially coverted in the construction of a proposition. Logic 101. Very droll, Marisha. Very droll.

Watch what new excuse he comes up with to say 'praise the Clans, for we are right!' then condem the non-believe...er I mean non-Clanners for not taking up their violent and immoral yet 'good' ways. Then try to preach that his value system is the one true value system over others.

In short, he is a Clan fanatic.
    Clan, yes. Fanatic, no. Explain how my affiliation with my sides philosophy bears any resemblance to fanaticism. Does your constant "Clan is always wrong" explanation make you any less of a fanatic, then? Perhaps some of us need to visit a dictionary before making such obtuse gestures.

Aw come on!! Do we really have time for this??
    The "schtick" as you describe it is what you swing wildly every day Joshua.
    It has come to the point where even trying to make sence seems futile.
    Sorry but I just dont have the time for this nonsence right now....
    You certainly had time enough to take a bit from your busy schedule and berate me for speaking my mind. I don't know about you, but you must have found SOME time for it. Indeed, you did. And I never swing wildly. My ripostes are clever, pointed and strike where I want them to. There is no nonsense in any of it. You see, the lawyer started this whole shenannigan tactic of taking parts from a conversation and poking holes at them out of context. Clearly she is not the only person that is allowed to do such things? No. I enjoy it, actually. It's not at all fair or judicious, but it's amusing to take back the same tactic and use it against my detractors.

And wow, once again, the topic is TOTALLY off from the land auction. So, perhaps we could get back to that, or are we finished playing "who is the best debator" amongst us?

And wow, once again, the topic is TOTALLY off from the land auction. So, perhaps we could get back to that, or are we finished playing "who is the best debator" amongst us?
    Agree.

The reason for selling land and us buyers doing what we do to those land peaces is a tactical peace of brilliance in my opinion. The Aliens are forced to attack where we want and this ,no doubt, gives us an edge. My salutes to Mr.Ross!!

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

I completely agree with that. The first rule of battle is to kill your enemy by any way or means you can at your disposal. The second rule is to make the enemy play by your rules, on your home territory and on a schedule that you want. Let the enemy dictate the flow and ebb of the battle and you will lose. It's brilliant strategy, all right, but Mr. Ross shoots himself in the Omni-Foot by doing so. But I have never thought that Mr. Ross was a completely evil man. Certainly he is a corporate leader, but he at least tried to make it appear that he wanted peace with the Clans. It's the rabid nuts that try to snag their little chunk of the hot seat that screw things up, which is, unforunately, most of the people that speak here.

Hear, hear for more cooperation against the Alien Threat.

Hear, hear for more cooperation against the Alien Threat.
    You have been vehemently against everything pro-peace, speaking at such an excessive length and endless citing of ‘your interpretation’ of history that I’ve had to add them into my droid’s grid-spam filtering program. You did not speak so nicely about Phillip Ross not so long ago. Trying to turn over a new leaf? Or am I mistaken?
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

You have been vehemently against everything pro-peace, speaking at such an excessive length and endless citing of ‘your interpretation’ of history that I’ve had to add them into my droid’s grid-spam filtering program.
    Snicker. I'm so happy to be such an invasive part of your daliy routine that you needed to add my name to a filter list. There are two interpretations of this action on your behalf. One is what you say, which is that I am merely an annoying little fly whose incessant buzzing irritates you. The other is that you are not able to counter my arguments, so instead you choose to ignore them, thereby not having to deal with them. Sorry, "Administrator", but I doubt I'm turning over a new leaf.

As for the rest, new threats require new priorities. Politics make for strange bedfellows, war makes for even stranger ones. The accounts of soldiers back on Earth during their "Second World War" sharing Christmas with their enemies across the battlefield serves as a reminder that, even in wartime, we are still the same people in the end, no matter whose banner we may flock to. I've seen (and been part of) a number of excursions against the Aliens with Omni-Tek personnel, and it does not feel strange to me at all. I have always wanted peace between OT and the Clans, but I do not want them dictated to me by OT either. When people (like yourself) from OT try to impose a peace upon me that contain egregiously unfavorable terms and then spout out "warmonger" when I laugh at them, I doubt I'm going to be shaken awake at night with personal nightmares due to my own intransigence at such naked power grabbing tactics. A more profitable peace for all concerned will make me a very happy nanomage, and I will welcome it's addition to the negotiating dialogue when we ever decide to actually have some.

As for Mr. Ross, well he isn't here right now, is he? No, he is not. But, Phil Boy at least sat down with Mr. Radiman and attempted to hammer out a peace once. I will give props where it is due, and that certainly counts. It's too bad that the Dust Brigade had to put a big old fly in that ointment, but neither side has any control over those people. Mr. Ross's reaction to this event does not place him highly in my pantheon of revered gentlemen, but at least he tried (or perhaps he gave lip service to the idea of negotiated peace with Clans, I can recall Mr. Radiman not trusting Mr. Ross very much, and neither would I) and for that he is placed higher on my list.

Much higher than, say, OT cheerleaders and evangelists that want more power than they are granted.

Actually, whos to say Mr.Ross isnt here now?
    We didnt know he left. We dont know if he came back.

Mr.Ross disapeared from public some time before the Aliens came. Probably around the time Omni Tek learned about theyre aproach.
    I support Mr.Ross`s desicion to fight the Aliens from a covered location.

Commissioner of the RKDC

William Butler Yeats

Well, if it is all the same, Naef, I'd prefer to think of him as "cowering", but that's OK. I think between the Aliens and the Unicorns, he has much to be fearful of, as would I. I'm sure he's back on Earth right now, answering to the Omni-Prime board about a lot of things that he could have or should have done better. It's hard to say at this point.

Personally, I think he's got a little MacArthur in him. "I shall return" and all that business. More old Earth history there. I'm incorrugable, I know. But good old Ross, ever the PR wizard, leaves the nest as the invaders come to call, and if and when we defeat them, he can come back and make good on his promise to return. I think there's enough Clanners that relish the irony of that scenario that we'd even buy him a pair of aviator sunglasses and a corncob pipe.

If more cooperation isn't forthcoming between our warring factions, the Aliens might just defeat us and take away my homeland. Hmmmm, I wonder what my name translated into Kyr'Ozch is. Might need to know that. Any xenolinguists out there?

Quote Originally Posted by Naefen
    Actually, whos to say Mr.Ross isnt here now?
    We didnt know he left. We dont know if he came back.

Mr.Ross disapeared from public some time before the Aliens came. Probably around the time Omni Tek learned about theyre aproach.
    I support Mr.Ross`s desicion to fight the Aliens from a covered location.
    Yes, OT-RK's leader has disappeared again it seems.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

I'm waiting for some "fireside chats" about the conduct of the war, myself. That would be a gas! I'm quite interested to see where he shows up at. Hunkered down in some bunker, no doubt. At least some war-time leaders in the past used to stick it out and actually be a part of the fracas. Not so with Mr. Ross. Pity that.

On the same token, there’s been a wealth of information flowing from the leaders of the legacy clans. I’ve yet to see a message from Speaker Tristam (on anything), but I’m not holding my breath.
    Marisha Durousseau, War Dominatrix of The Honored Maidens

Resources exist to be consumed. And consumed they will be, if not by this generation then by some future. By what right does this forgotten future seek to deny us our birthright?--CEO Nwabudike Morgan, "The Ethics of Greed"

Read Marisha's Journal, and see what she's doing

You're probably right about that one, but we are still very new into the conflict. I'm certain more shall be forthcoming from both sides of the battle here. What strikes me as funny is that we have not been able to get any kind of intelligence from these creatures. It's not enough to be able to send them packing. It's necessary to determine their reasons for being here.

Perhaps we screwed something up in the Shadowlands. Or perhaps it's something else entirely. It would be nice to get some interrogations going. It's unfortunate, but I don't see these Aliens as being the negotiating types. Perhaps when we can capture one alive and start to learn their language then we can learn more about them.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123